The Vent Thread Part 5

Deep Shave

The Vent Thread Part 5

Post by Deep Shave »

I love Memes and GIFs as much as the next person... But GG is turning into 9gag. Instead of coming up with their own thoughts or witty comments, people use Memes or GIFs. I'm over it. /rant.

AND OMFG WITH THE DOUBLE POSTING ISSUE. Okay... now /rant.

I'm irritable today XD

JustGlow

Re: The Vent Thread Part 5

Post by JustGlow »

omg, my back hurts so much and I don't even know why.
WHY BODY, WHY?

growlithe
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by growlithe »

I'm an American student in the UK, and I'm nearing completion of my course. I've been looking for work for the past 2 months now, and haven't come up with anything. Requirements for non-EU citizens are so strict here that even the companies that would want to take me on cannot because of my citizenship. FFS it's not like I'm trying to take some school leaver's job at Tesco or something; I'll have a masters' degree, and there are positions in my industry that would use that degree that cannot be filled in this country with the people in the area. And due to immigration legislation cannot be filled at all. I wish the government would realise how bad for industry their policies are; if firms cannot take on the skilled people they need, those firms will fail eventually. And marrying my boyfriend to stay here and stay with him isn't an option either, because as a student he doesn't meet income requirements that literally half the population cannot meet. I'm afraid married or not immigration laws are going to split us up when I clearly have to go back to America to find work, but we don't want to split up, and I don't want to leave. We're in love and have thought about a future together, and all the good jobs in my industry are in Aberdeen. It really burns my beans that there's absolutely nothing we or I can do at this point to keep me here, that I'll just be lumped into "breeders who come here to leech off the system" because of where I'm from, when I've poured so much money into their universities so their kids can go for free, dumped more money into shifty student housing contracts that some office people really high up benefit from, and helped the economy just by being here, and would be able to help further if I was allowed to stay, because I would be working a job that most people are unqualified for, but that needs to be done. I've never felt so unwelcome in this country until now. Honestly.

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz »

Fucking optomitrist gave me an EXTREMELY strong prescription, I know my eyesight is terrible but bitch what the fuck? From -6.00 to -7.25? I can't even see with these new glasses. I'm sticking with my old ones thanks.
I'm having a last minute sleepover and I told my Dad to bring me my old glasses (I was wearing contacts) and he brought me the new glasses. It's only been 5 minutes since I've had to wear them and I've already tripped on the stairs.

growlithe
Informer
Informer

Post by growlithe »

@RabbieWingz, you need to book an appointment with your optometrist again right away and tell her the new glasses aren't working for you. Too strong a prescription can cause major headaches! It's Thursday. Her office is probably open. You should just call her.

rollietrollypollie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by rollietrollypollie »

Please keep your emotions in check. What are you? A 15 year old girl? On Sunday you told me you' wanted VENGEANCE against your ex because she hurt you, moved on, and blocked you (well deserved may I add) so of course u
This is the deep and dying breath of, this love that we've been working on.

rollietrollypollie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by rollietrollypollie »

1. Please keep your emotions in check. You're a 22 year old man, not a 15 year old girl.

2. And how many times do I need to remind you that I am not your babe, eww. I am not remotely attracted to you.

3. On Sunday you were a whiny child throwing a tantrum because your ex, dumped you, moved on, and blocked you (well deserved tbh) you then proceed to tell me you want vengeance against her. Wtf.

4. The next morning, I wake up to messages from you. Including a damned dick pic. I asked why, your reply? "I thought you'd like to see it." No. No. No. I have told you countless times I do not like you, I don't like you as a person anymore either. So I ignore you the rest of the day, and then yesterday. Oh yesterday was just the icing on the cake. You send me the most senseless pictures of you, and annoying messages. I read them without replying so you'd get the message to leave me alone, so you did for a while.

5. Then my phone starts going off non stop with "I miss you" messages from you. 28 to be exact. One after the other. (Miss me?! We're just friends fucking weirdo!) I tell you to stop. You quickly get offended and tell me goodnight you can tell I'm not in the mood to talk to take care and that you'll never bother me again (praise the Lord!) And this morning you text me wishing me a good day and to take care.

Consider yourself blocked. I told you from the beginning I wasn't interested. I never led you on. I was only there for you as a friend. I cannot deal with irrational, emotional people. Bye.
This is the deep and dying breath of, this love that we've been working on.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Oh my god. So my friend and I are finally going to be signing lease papers for our apartment and I don't know what the hell is up with the manager lady. I like her, she's very nice, but her communication is so shit poor.

She told us the move-in date/day we sign papers would be either the 17th or the 24th. Wasn't the 17th, and today is the 24th, still no word from her. Friend called her an hour ago and she hasn't gotten back to him. I'm going to try calling her at 12:30. It's just so fucking aggravating because she wanted it leased mid-June, we applied beginning of June and I think we were the only people who applied, she loved us and said we were probably going to get it, filled out some paper work for the financial verification shit, did our interview ummmmmm end of June? And she said we definitely got it, she just has to finish up the paperwork and then we can come in and sign the lease.

And I mean she's kind of irritating too because she'll leave her office before 2:00 (she's in her office from 10-2 like 4 days a week or something) sometimes. And we don't want to hassle her with calls or anything but come on. We want to get our shit moved over there, we want to get our keys. At least she said she's going to prorate the rent so we'd only be paying for this last week of July but still.

Maybe I'm getting pissed over nothing and I get that she receives a lot of calls every day and she has a lot of shit to do but if you tell renters a solid day for their move-in then it should probably be the date you tell them. AHDKADGKJAGHJAGHDAS.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Don't you just hate when someone important to you doesn't answer your messages for two days when you know they use their phone 24/7? Ugh, yeah, I know you are having fun but I exist, you know?

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Had my first "Being vegan is extreme and unhealthy. Meat is a necessity" speech from a meat eater today after asking why I refused ham. I can hear this person breathing or I should say attempt at breathing from across the room and is at least 50lbs over weight. I think I'll stick to what's working for me kthx.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

tamithomas wrote:Had my first "Being vegan is extreme and unhealthy. Meat is a necessity" speech from a meat eater today after asking why I refused ham. I can hear this person breathing or I should say attempt at breathing from across the room and is at least 50lbs over weight. I think I'll stick to what's working for me kthx.
Aw, that sucks. You'll get a lot more though. I've been a vegetarian since I was about nine and I get one of those talks about once a week, haha. I'll never understand why people feel the need to insert themselves into your business like that. Last time I checked I'm surviving just fine on this diet (made it through puberty without having my growth stunted one bit! haha) and you also have no right to tell me what to eat, lol. People always criticize vegetarians/vegans for preaching to people but in my experience meat eaters are way more guilty of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

VeronicaSawyer wrote:
tamithomas wrote:Had my first "Being vegan is extreme and unhealthy. Meat is a necessity" speech from a meat eater today after asking why I refused ham. I can hear this person breathing or I should say attempt at breathing from across the room and is at least 50lbs over weight. I think I'll stick to what's working for me kthx.
Aw, that sucks. You'll get a lot more though. I've been a vegetarian since I was about nine and I get one of those talks about once a week, haha. I'll never understand why people feel the need to insert themselves into your business like that. Last time I checked I'm surviving just fine on this diet (made it through puberty without having my growth stunted one bit! haha) and you also have no right to tell me what to eat, lol. People always criticize vegetarians/vegans for preaching to people but in my experience meat eaters are way more guilty of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've experienced the opposite, but maybe that's because I'm biased to eating meat. Lol Honestly though people should just shut up when it comes to their opinions on food unless somebody actually asks. It's a personal choice what you chose to put in your body, and way too many people seem to want to insert their opinions. I also can't stand when someone points out that something you're eating is SO gross. It's kind of rude. I guess I just don't like when people in general try to spoil my food. :D

ChiquitoTaquito
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChiquitoTaquito »

Ok, this is my first time venting online.. I live with having a severe case of OCD. I'm thinking it's the cause of my whole entire life being screwed up lately. It causes me to make a bigger deal out of things than they should be (i.e. Cleaning my sink for 45 minutes until I feel it's clean enough, I don't like it when people move my knick knacks the list goes on and on.) Today my sister whom I don't really get along with, came to visit with her overly annoying fiancé. He was outside fixing his truck for a few hours which I enjoyed because I didn't have to be around him. I was playing with my nephew while my sister was out helping her fiancé and he comes in with black motor oil up to his elbows and runs into my bathroom (without asking) and washes himself off in my shower. 1.) I do not approve of people I barley know using my bathroom without even asking 2.) he used my freakin' shower (leaving motor oil all over the shower wall and sink)! I dislike this guy to begin with so everything he does irks me, but he knows how I am with my personal property and he messes with them just to get me angry so he can have a laugh at my expense. Every time they come over to my house he kicks my dog and when I confront him he says "oh I just moved her with my foot". It makes me want to stab him.. I told him to stop doing that kind of stuff when he is over at someone else's house because it's rude and he didn't seem to know what I meant. Is it just me or is it wrong for someone you rarely see to come into your house, take food from your fridge (without asking or being offered), urinate on your floor instead of the toilet and not cleaning up after himself and bully your pets for kicks? My mother is telling me I'm just being anal, but I could swear the guy is just rude af. I'm actually pretty angry right now. It all sounds so petty, but I'm pissed! I she feels like I'm just blowing things out of proportion because I hate the guy but I see it as him being rude on purpose.

Ellle
Talker
Talker

Post by Ellle »

I am NEVER letting another person in, ever again. Done.
i'm the girl you'll never want to be.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

This is the third day in a row I get woken up from outside forces letting me only get 5 hours a sleep each night on average and woken up in between those 5 hours each time. I think I'm going to punch something or someone.

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

3+weeks ago I sent my university the form to take my online public speaking final at my local community college since it's summer and I'm at home. I went to see my proctor today for another test and he said he hasn't received anything about my PS final. So basically my university lost or never received my email with the form and the last day to take the final is Monday. And the offices closed today at 10 and they don't check email on the weekends so I'm fucked :bang: this is what happens when you check important things at the last second

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

Cumulative rant from the past week for me.

I don't understand my mom and step dads relationship at all. I'm 20 years old, and don't get it, I actually feel bad for my sister (12) who has to figure it out. They are divorced, but one minute they hate each other, the next, they're on vacation sleeping together. Like what the actual fuck. MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MINDS. (im all for them getting back together as well)

Speaking of my sister, she needs to grow up. She's 12 years old, throwing a temper tantrum because I left her hotel room while I went to my room to get something and come back is not grounds for her to yell at me. We've had the rooms open this whole vacation, don't bitch at me on the last day over something everyones doing. Also, i was joking around when i said I should get the "You think i'm a bitch, you should meet my sister" shirt. You know, how she also joked around last night w/ the same thing except calling me a slut. If I could take a joke, so can you.

Rant about my boss. I'M NOT HOME >< STAHP calling me asking me questions, and if I don't answer, i most likely can't. You're not even giving me vacation pay, I have no desire in talking to you until monday morning at 9am. kthanksbye

Also, would it kill my sister to let me put 2 things in her suitcase so I don't go over the overweight limit? Her suitcase is empty and we unfortunately live in the same house. Like what is the big deal?

/End rant.

I'm ready to go home back to new york where I only see my family an hour a day :p

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

I am an ABSOLUTE LOSER. I know this, and there's not one second that I don't think about it.. I can't forget it, but thanks for telling me that you think I'm a loser and making me feel worse. You're the only person in this world that I care about making proud, but clearly I failed. :cry:

Halloween
Informer
Informer

Post by Halloween »

I'm falling pretty hard for this guy I work with. It's not even in the 'crush' territory anymore - I genuinely LIKE him, not just the idea of him. Damn, everything he does just blows me away.

The real shitter is that I know he finds me attractive - he told a few coworkers so when I first got the job a while back. But he started dating this other girl a couple weeks after that and they've been together ever since and all I can do is sit back and watch. He complains about her and things about their relationship pretty frequently - it's clear he's not particularly 'whipped' by her... which should make me feel better but, honestly, it'd be easier for me to move on if he WAS completely enamored by her, you know?

Just, sigh. This boy. Total douche to everyone and has that blunt, no-verbal-filter attitude, but he's actually really... nice to me? Goes out of his way to stand up for me and has done some incredible favors for me without asking/expecting anything in return. No one who knows him would believe me if I said that because it's so uncharacteristic for him, haha. But at the end of the day, I'd never pursue him due to his current relationship status. I guess I have to put on my big girl pants and either a) get over him or b) wait for him to be on the dating market again. Ugh. Boys.

pie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pie »

I have an ongoing dental treatment that's supposed to get worse before it gets better. I've been inconsistent with this because I'm dreading the temporary hideousness so really it's just been no progress since I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

IDK I feel discouraged about it even though the result is supposed to be better. :help:

Return to “Absolutely NOTHING To Do With Gurus”