Akaydoll Part 11

Brittney
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Akaydoll Part 11

Post by Brittney »

Yeah i think that's where my annoyance with her stems from the most (other than the way she acts/talks). she's in LA and has no real responsibilities and can just have fun. clearly, financially, she can sustain herself (For now) and idk it just doesn't seem fair cuz i wish i could be in her shoes even just for a month. but nope, im here going to school and piling on the student loans. but i guess in the long run I (and any one else here who goes to school and/or works) is a bit better off

Post by Guest »

Oh my god, when she said she's a trend setter on the trails I was so irritated. She seems to think that even hiking is about being fashionable and trendy. I love hiking and she's ruining it for me with her constant bragging, she doesn't even hike that often but she thinks she's an expert!!

PADI_Diver
Informer
Informer

Post by PADI_Diver »

^ She's ruining it for me, too!!! Hike fucking Zion and Teton, Kayla. I'm sure everyone will care about your granny fanny pack there.

I will piss my pants if she finds herself out on San Gorgonio and San Jacinto in a month. They're close enough to her.
*puts on best "we've got a badass over here" face*

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human." - David Bowie

whocares
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by whocares »

lurkin
Debater
Debater

Post by lurkin »

lol @ her updated website bio:

Kayla Lashae is a Lifestyle Analyst from the Washington, DC area and now resides in LA to further her career in social media. She created her first YouTube channel, Akaydoll, in 2008 and now has over 150,000 subscribers. She has added a second channel, Akaydollx2, to her YouTube portfolio that’s just as successful as her original channel but promotes an entirely different creative side of Kayla Lashae.

Kayla Lashae is also the CEO & Founder of Kayla Lashae LLC. She is dedicated to the success of her company and enjoys playing the many professional roles needed to make it one of the most talked about in social media. Her branding is astonishing making her one of the top sought after company ambassadors.

Kayla Lashae has been in the social media industry for seven years. She has learned the importance of networking and creativity. Being a YouTube affiliate Kayla Lashae is responsible for producing her own video and web content, editing her raw footage and communicating with her many viewers. 

She utilizes her skills and passion for social media by being a freelance fashion, beauty and lifestyle product reviewer.

Kayla offers a wide range in video substance such as beauty, fashion, entertainment, healthy living, music, self-help, how-to’s and lifestyle. By being fun, positive and relatable to her audience Kayla represents the “every day” girl. Kayla has a featured article on TeenVogue.com, is an ambassador for Clean & Clear, named the YouTube Next Vlogger 2013 and is certified in customer service and sales.

LAsunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by LAsunshine »

lurkin wrote:lol @ her updated website bio:

Kayla Lashae is a Lifestyle Analyst from the Washington, DC area and now resides in LA to further her career in social media. She created her first YouTube channel, Akaydoll, in 2008 and now has over 150,000 subscribers. She has added a second channel, Akaydollx2, to her YouTube portfolio that’s just as successful as her original channel but promotes an entirely different creative side of Kayla Lashae.

Kayla Lashae is also the CEO & Founder of Kayla Lashae LLC. She is dedicated to the success of her company and enjoys playing the many professional roles needed to make it one of the most talked about in social media. Her branding is astonishing making her one of the top sought after company ambassadors.

Kayla Lashae has been in the social media industry for seven years. She has learned the importance of networking and creativity. Being a YouTube affiliate Kayla Lashae is responsible for producing her own video and web content, editing her raw footage and communicating with her many viewers. 

She utilizes her skills and passion for social media by being a freelance fashion, beauty and lifestyle product reviewer.

Kayla offers a wide range in video substance such as beauty, fashion, entertainment, healthy living, music, self-help, how-to’s and lifestyle. By being fun, positive and relatable to her audience Kayla represents the “every day” girl. Kayla has a featured article on TeenVogue.com, is an ambassador for Clean & Clear, named the YouTube Next Vlogger 2013 and is certified in customer service and sales.
That is SO weird! I just saw that last night too!!!! Kind of laughed to myself. I won't knock her hustle though, we all have to make it in this world somehow. When I was reading it I was kind of hoping to see something other than YouTube though--like something that shows that she is branching out and not limiting herself to just making videos. Sadly I was disappointed.

I guess I just don't get how in her videos she say she is working on them and yet we never see them? And the ones you do see are not quality content at all.

LAsunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by LAsunshine »

And another thing….this latest video she has posted RE: huge collective summer haul had me rolling my eyes just now. Now I don't mind sponsored videos, but at least be about yours and admit that it is sponsored (or just do the review) instead of coming up with some lie saying that someone else was raving about it and thats why you bought it. I just watch a video on Me Undies from another YouTuber Ambrosia and even though I am pretty sure she didn't say it was sponsored, she just came out and did the video, but you could tell that it was sponsored. Then I go to watch Kayla's video and the first thing she shows are the underwear and she tries to hide a sponsored video in a haul.

Here is the first video I watched:

And Kaylas video:

ohmymel
Learner
Learner

Post by ohmymel »

WOW, her May Essentials that she posted today is also sponsored, WTF? And that BIO thing makes her seem like this amazing creative youtube personality when she's not. Who wrote that? It seriously makes her sound like she's accomplished what Bethany Mota has, she's not even remotely close to that. I also don't understand how she's a Clean & Clear ambassador, look at her skin. She doesn't even use their stuff so how does that make sense?! Ugh so done with this girl. She's almost 22 and doesn't act like one. All she does is shop, eat out and film crappy low quality videos. Her content is boring, her videos were actually WAY better quality when she was in VA and when she first moved to LA her videos were still interesting to watch.

ohmymel
Learner
Learner

Post by ohmymel »

thischiccrazy wrote:
[/quote]

Her skin looks SO MUCH CLEARER in that video![/quote]

Her skin, makeup & hair actually look good in that video! And it's not a boring vlog because she's actually hanging out with girls who like her and can stand to be around her.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

LAsunshine wrote:And another thing….this latest video she has posted RE: huge collective summer haul had me rolling my eyes just now. Now I don't mind sponsored videos, but at least be about yours and admit that it is sponsored (or just do the review) instead of coming up with some lie saying that someone else was raving about it and thats why you bought it. I just watch a video on Me Undies from another YouTuber Ambrosia and even though I am pretty sure she didn't say it was sponsored, she just came out and did the video, but you could tell that it was sponsored. Then I go to watch Kayla's video and the first thing she shows are the underwear and she tries to hide a sponsored video in a haul.

Here is the first video I watched:

And Kaylas video:

This always annoys me, why can't they just be upfront about it? It says below she bought everything unless stating otherwise, but she never says otherwise. IDK why they don't get it, people will always be annoyed that you were sent stuff and might not be being honest about it. And people aren't dumb and can tell when they were. So they could either, be honest and have people just be annoyed about it being sent to them, OR, they could lie, and still have people be annoyed about that, but then ALSO be annoyed at them for not being honest about it. They don't realize they give people two reasons to dislike them instead of one by lying lol.

And how is she certified in customer service and sales, she has no degree or experience, or is that a roundabout way of saying she's worked retail?

Post by Guest »

PADI_Diver wrote:^ She's ruining it for me, too!!! Hike fucking Zion and Teton, Kayla. I'm sure everyone will care about your granny fanny pack there.

I will piss my pants if she finds herself out on San Gorgonio and San Jacinto in a month. They're close enough to her.
Seriously, I've never hiked in California before but when she showed the trail it looked pretty flat to me? But I could be wrong.

Also, she has never worked a real job in her life so the fact that it says she is "certified in customer service and sales" is total BS. How can people straight up just lie about stuff like that, we can see right through her not to mention she has put herself out on the internet so anyone can just go on and do a quick fact check and realize that she is none of those things she claims.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

There's no way she wrote that bio. There aren't enough grammar and spelling errors in that bio.

tritop
Learner
Learner

Post by tritop »

Hi everyone! <3 Long time lurker here, and I've been wanting to post on this thread for awhile now. I know I'm not saying anything groundbreaking here...but OH MY STARS this girl is probably one of the most annoying people I've ever seen. She tries way too hard, you can tell that everything about her "lifestyle" is fake and put-on. The way she talks (doe, turnt up, valley girl voice, vocal fry) the way she dresses, the food she eats, everything is carefully constructed to make her seem so cool.

What gets me more are the girls who comment like "OMGZ you're so perfect, can I have your life!??"..... :| really? Are we watching the same person? She's not deep, bright or remotely interesting, I just want to tell those girls to aim higher.

Ok rant over.

cheesedanish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheesedanish »

angelaj0921 wrote:There's no way she wrote that bio. There aren't enough grammar and spelling errors in that bio.
Lol while there are many grammatical errors, and odd sentences, I too think she did not write it. Also, she wrote in a such a tone that makes her seem like she's accomplished so much in her life.

Girl, please.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

LAsunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by LAsunshine »

collegegirl2011 wrote:
PADI_Diver wrote:^ She's ruining it for me, too!!! Hike fucking Zion and Teton, Kayla. I'm sure everyone will care about your granny fanny pack there.

Seriously, I've never hiked in California before but when she showed the trail it looked pretty flat to me? But I could be wrong.

Also, she has never worked a real job in her life so the fact that it says she is "certified in customer service and sales" is total BS. How can people straight up just lie about stuff like that, we can see right through her not to mention she has put herself out on the internet so anyone can just go on and do a quick fact check and realize that she is none of those things she claims.
Depending on where you are at Runyon Canyon, some parts can appear to be flat, but please believe, as a whole it is not. It is a serious workout and if you are going uphill and are really out of shape--it will take you a long time to make it to the top and you will feel like you want to kill yourself. LOL…thats how I felt several years ago when I went for the first time. Now I am in great shape and the walk isn't so bad. She is only showing small parts of the hike in the video and I am sure she wouldn't show the more strenuous parts when she might feel like she wants to fall out hahahaha. I wouldn't anyways.

Runyon Canyon is a place that people who want to be 'hollywood' go to to 'work out'. Now while it is a work out just from walking alone, I have noticed that it has gotten more crowded and people go there because sometimes you do see celebrities there…I don't know how to describe it--everyone who lives here knows where it is and what its about. People put on full faces of makeup and cute workout gear to show off to everyone else there.

Sunnylove
Talker
Talker

Post by Sunnylove »

How can she be a trendsetter if she's constantly saying how she looks for outfits similar to whatever celebrity she is trying to transform into.

ohmymel
Learner
Learner

Post by ohmymel »

I commented this and it's top comment. Let's see if she takes it down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

Sunnylove wrote:How can she be a trendsetter if she's constantly saying how she looks for outfits similar to whatever celebrity she is trying to transform into.
And all the girls she mimics are like, 16 lol. Kylie Jenner and Sofia Richie? They're high school kids.

LAsunshine
Learner
Learner

Post by LAsunshine »

ohmymel wrote:I commented this and it's top comment. Let's see if she takes it down.
Its gone LOL

TeamCupcakes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TeamCupcakes »

nope its still up there, not too many comments on the video actually.

As a youtuber I hate when people do sponsored videos and make up a story about how they got it etc. instead of saying its sponsored. Sometimes yes you get things for free but not getting paid, but I still think you need to be honest about that as well. In my videos the first thing I always say if I get something for free is that I got it for free and at the end I mention that I am not getting paid either etc. I have never been paid but I would try and use some kind of disclaimer if I was. I just think being honest is the best way to go, since in the end it can turn and bite you in the butt

Return to “Kayla Lashae”