Simple tips and tricks to lose weight

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Simple tips and tricks to lose weight

Post by Diorette »

So I want to lost 1 kg or more in 3 weeks.

Do you have any simple tips to lose weight? Safe tips please :D I'm also working out and eating healthy.

Sof25l
Learner
Learner

Re: Simple tips and tricks to lose weight

Post by Sof25l »

I lost about 20kg last year ,and the things that helped me the most are eating clean,drinking a lot( about 2 liters..it also makes your skin look amazing), cardio, weight exercises and writing down what I eat ..so I was "in control" of that. It's really basic but it always works ..one thing I guess could be considered as a trick is I didn't eat after 6 or 6:30 pm ( so the last meal is 4 hours before going to sleep) so yeah..that's it..and... *michelle phan voice* good luck! And by the way ..what Jennifer tries to do in that gif? Haha every time I see at I stare at it for a while.

RabbieWingz
Informer
Informer

Post by RabbieWingz »

Drink lots of water, carry a litre/2 litre bottle with you and try to drink that much each day. It reduces any bloating by draining your body and face from toxins. It's my secret to losing weight effectively :)

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Does anyone know: if I only ate almonds (+ almond milk), vegetables, fruits, chicken and water.. would that be healthy?

Sof25l
Learner
Learner

Post by Sof25l »

vclean wrote:Does anyone know: if I only ate almonds (+ almond milk), vegetables, fruits, chicken and water.. would that be healthy?
It' sounds like paleo diet !( eating like a caveman.. Only unprocessed food) .. It depends on the person you ask. People who do paleo will probably say its good, you're eating fruits and vegtables, avoiding dairy and get protein. Vegans on the other hand will say you do it without the chicken . I think you better do a little reaserch on the paleo diet ( which like I said, sounds like what you want to do) I deside for yourself

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

Portion control! Eat out of the same plate as much as you can. Make/cook all your food. Don't eat anything you haven't bought consciously with your goal in mind. Sleep at least 7 hours a day. Stay hydrated, especially if you drink a lot of caffeine. And don't drink your calories! You have a very reasonable goal.Good luck!

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Eat foods with lots of fiber to keep you full. Make every calorie count (as in, instead of eating 100 empty calories like chips or something, eat 100 calories worth of vegetables which will fill you up and give you nutrients, for example). Don't drink your calories (juice once in a while is okay but I usually stick to water, coffee and tea because they have 0 or close to 0 calories. The only time I will drink my calories is if it's almond or soy milk or if I'm treating myself to a specialty drink at like Starbucks or a smoothie shop or something). I live by to motto "Food for Fuel". If I'm hungry, I will eat and I will stop as soon as I get full. It's okay to pack up the rest it save it for later even if it's only a little. That also helps your stomach shrink so you'll get full faster and stay full for a longer period of time.
imma ball til the day i fall

go_further
Informer
Informer

Post by go_further »

Drinks tons of water, get MyFitnessPal APP, which helps you track your calories, and depending on your weight you should eat: YOUR WEIGHT X 15 -1000 cals a day, plus heavy exercises-run every day. Avoid soda/anything white (macaroni, bread etc).

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

go_further wrote:Drinks tons of water, get MyFitnessPal APP, which helps you track your calories, and depending on your weight you should eat: YOUR WEIGHT X 15 -1000 cals a day, plus heavy exercises-run every day. Avoid soda/anything white (macaroni, bread etc).
That equation can be a little off... according to that, I should be eating 950 calories to lose weight which yes, I would lose weight that way but that's a really low amount to be eating.

go_further
Informer
Informer

Post by go_further »

Angie V wrote:
go_further wrote:Drinks tons of water, get MyFitnessPal APP, which helps you track your calories, and depending on your weight you should eat: YOUR WEIGHT X 15 -1000 cals a day, plus heavy exercises-run every day. Avoid soda/anything white (macaroni, bread etc).
That equation can be a little off... according to that, I should be eating 950 calories to lose weight which yes, I would lose weight that way but that's a really low amount to be eating.
I know that's too low, but I thought the OP wanted a quick way to shed weight? It's not healthy to eat like this forever, but if she wants a significant weight loss which 1 kg / 2.2 lbs or more (as OP posted) in 3 weeks, that's the way to do it. No amount of work outs (cardio or weight training) would do, if you don't restrict your MACROS ( not calories, but macros). Out of those 950 (for you) you should be eating 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat. It's actually nutritious and possible to do.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

go_further wrote:
Angie V wrote:
I know that's too low, but I thought the OP wanted a quick way to shed weight? It's not healthy to eat like this forever, but if she wants a significant weight loss which 1 kg / 2.2 lbs or more (as OP posted) in 3 weeks, that's the way to do it. No amount of work outs (cardio or weight training) would do, if you don't restrict your MACROS ( not calories, but macros). Out of those 950 (for you) you should be eating 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat. It's actually nutritious and possible to do.
No, I understand that it would make you lose weight and that it IS technically possible to survive on that number (as an example), but you'd just gain the weight right back when you start to eat normally. Or on the other hand, I have done calorie restricting in the past (I would go some days below 500 and then for a while I stuck with 800) and it serioualy fucked with my head and this was when I was at the height of my disordered eating episodes. So... yeah it'll make you lose weight quickly, but it is just not worth it in the end and I would never suggest that to anyone >_<

go_further
Informer
Informer

Post by go_further »

ok, well I guess I don't recommend that ^ then. Everyone is different it didnt affect me or anyone who I knew that's done it, but it depends on how youa re I guess

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Thank you girls! :D
Apparently I lost almost a kg but now the scale says that I weight the same as before, that's weird, anyway, I decided to just measure myself because I lift weighs so I imagine I may gain muscle weigh

go_further
Informer
Informer

Post by go_further »

Diorette wrote:Thank you girls! :D
Apparently I lost almost a kg but now the scale says that I weight the same as before, that's weird, anyway, I decided to just measure myself because I lift weighs so I imagine I may gain muscle weigh

yes girl, dont believe the scale!!! I need to throw mine out, seriously I get on every day LOL. muscle gain, water weight everything matters. One day I "gained" 3 lbs (around 1.2 kg) just from water! I freaked out. But I drank probably 4 liters.

babotokki_
Learner
Learner

Post by babotokki_ »

Drink green tea 15~20 mins after a meal. I'm not fond of diets or whatever so I usually eat whatever i really want just not too much of it :D and then i drink green tea afterwards and I look like ive lost weight (i dont have a scale so cant say for sure).

butter_face
Learner
Learner

Post by butter_face »

I just mentioned this in another thread where people became really interested in this, so I thought I'd pop in here to share the BEST tip for losing weight and that is to AVOID SUGAR!!! Not obvious sugars like soda and chocolate....but all the hidden ones like you find in bread, fermented foods and condiments. Look up something called the 'anti-candida diet'...usually it'll show a list of foods you're allowed and not allowed to eat. Stick with what you're allowed, it is hard at first because kicking a sugar craving is not easy since you're starving off something called 'candida fungus' in your body, and this candida grows everytime you eat sugar, so a sugar craving is nothing more than candida in your body saying 'pleaseee feed us'. Look it up, try it for a solid 3-4 weeks and I promise it'll be super effective for you weight-wise and energy wise too. This has nothing to do with carbs, just cutting out sugar (but this doesn't count fruit, you can still eat that!) :)

Batila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Batila »

^Holy shi- i eat a ton of sugar :( i should stop but it's so hard. Ill look into that candida thing.

dolly
Learner
Learner

Post by dolly »

Cut down significantly on carbohydrates and dairy, only eating wholewheat pasta/bread and rice if at all. Drink a minimum of 2.5ltrs of water a day. Plenty of protein and veg, fruit should be eaten sparingly because its very high in sugar. Drink cooled boiled water with freshly squeezed lemon in the morning to get your metabolism going.

Try to get your cardio up before each meal to increase your metabolism, ie. a brisk 20 minute jog before breakfast, 30 squats/lunges/jumping jacks before lunch and a swim before dinner, etc.

cristal7878
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cristal7878 »

try jumping rope

cristal7878
Wallflower
Wallflower