JennaMarbles Part 2

Re: JennaMarbles Part 2

Post by Guest »

Her newest video. Bathtub 2. Just shows me why I no longer watch her.

Binx
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Binx »

^ it was awful. I almost couldn't even make it halfway through the video.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

Binx wrote:^ it was awful. I almost couldn't even make it halfway through the video.
I did the same thing, I couldn't finish it.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

Binx wrote:^ it was awful. I almost couldn't even make it halfway through the video.
I did the same thing, I couldn't finish it.

Taffer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Taffer »

StewMeat wrote:
Oxford wrote:
Taffer wrote:Look regardless how you guys feel about Freelee's methods, she obviously had a positive effect on Jenna. I think Jenna should be free to make her own decisions regarding who she has on the podcast. Also, regarding the part where she doesn't act her age and caters to teenage audience, hasn't her audience always been teenage girls and she's always been a zany goofball regardless of her age. What exacty is the ideal version of Jenna that you guys want?
I used to LOVE Jenna, and now her humour bothers me. I was about 19 when I started watching and now I'm 22. She's very hit and miss in my opinion. She's definitely gotten more and more immature. She is allowed to grow and mature as her audience grows and matures. Is she going to be 35 and still catering to 15 year olds?
I feel the same. I'm in my 20's and she was the reason I came to youtube in the first place. Now it feels like I have grown but she's still in the same immature place.
Like I stated previously, her target demographic is kids/teenagers. She hasn't gotten more or less mature. Her brand of humor, apealing to the lowest common denominator, has always been in the style of "ha ha ha i'm a girl and boys totally do that." I mean that is her most popular series of videos and her other videos don't drift too far away from that teen oriented humor. Look regardless if you love Jenna, you hate Jenna, or your neutral on her, she has an established audience that she needs to appeal to. Expecting her to appeal to adults (which like I said had no interest in her content in the first place) is like expecting Spongebob to start appealing to adults. It's just not going to happen. It's sort of implied that once you've outgrown a piece of media, that you just move and let it go.

Taffer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Taffer »

StewMeat wrote:
Oxford wrote:
Taffer wrote:Look regardless how you guys feel about Freelee's methods, she obviously had a positive effect on Jenna. I think Jenna should be free to make her own decisions regarding who she has on the podcast. Also, regarding the part where she doesn't act her age and caters to teenage audience, hasn't her audience always been teenage girls and she's always been a zany goofball regardless of her age. What exacty is the ideal version of Jenna that you guys want?
I used to LOVE Jenna, and now her humour bothers me. I was about 19 when I started watching and now I'm 22. She's very hit and miss in my opinion. She's definitely gotten more and more immature. She is allowed to grow and mature as her audience grows and matures. Is she going to be 35 and still catering to 15 year olds?
I feel the same. I'm in my 20's and she was the reason I came to youtube in the first place. Now it feels like I have grown but she's still in the same immature place.
Like I stated previously, her target demographic is kids/teenagers. She hasn't gotten more or less mature. Her brand of humor, apealing to the lowest common denominator, has always been in the style of "ha ha ha i'm a girl and boys totally do that." I mean that is her most popular series of videos and her other videos don't drift too far away from that teen oriented humor. Look regardless if you love Jenna, you hate Jenna, or your neutral on her, she has an established audience that she needs to appeal to. Expecting her to appeal to adults (which like I said had absolutely no interest in her content in the first place) is like expecting Spongebob to start appealing to adults. It's just not going to happen. It's sort of implied that once you've outgrown a piece of media, that you just move on and let it go.

Oxford
Debater
Debater

Post by Oxford »

Taffer wrote:
StewMeat wrote:
Oxford wrote:
Like I stated previously, her target demographic is kids/teenagers. She hasn't gotten more or less mature. Her brand of humor, apealing to the lowest common denominator, has always been in the style of "ha ha ha i'm a girl and boys totally do that." I mean that is her most popular series of videos and her other videos don't drift too far away from that teen oriented humor. Look regardless if you love Jenna, you hate Jenna, or your neutral on her, she has an established audience that she needs to appeal to. Expecting her to appeal to adults (which like I said had no interest in her content in the first place) is like expecting Spongebob to start appealing to adults. It's just not going to happen. It's sort of implied that once you've outgrown a piece of media, that you just move and let it go.
I don't think expecting her to appeal to adults is the same as Spongebob. For starters, she's a real person, she's her own boss, she can create whatever content she wants. She has had an audience for 5+ years, and there's absolutely no harm in growing and changing her content as her audience grows and matures.
Miley Cyrus wasn't expected to be a teen show actress her whole life. She wasn't going to be playing Hannah Montana at 28 years old. I don't know why you expect a 28 year old Jenna to entertain kids her whole YouTube career. She's allowed to act her age.

Her views to subscribe ratio is way off, and it didn't use to be that way, maybe her original viewers have grown up and become bored with her content (me for example), and there aren't enough teens filling the empty space, hence her views getting lower.

I just think its ridiculous to say 'Jenna is immature and has to stay immature'. Like no she doesn't.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

Taffer wrote:
StewMeat wrote:
Oxford wrote:
Taffer wrote: It's sort of implied that once you've outgrown a piece of media, that you just move and let it go.

The thing is, I don't want to outgrow her. 'Real' Jenna is an intelligent human being. When she isn't being a 5 year old she is wonderful. Everyone and I mean everyone who has met her in person loves her genuine personality. As weird as it sounds, I want that Jenna's content. I have been waiting for those Jenna's videos, which is the only reason I'm still subscribed. She can't stay 5 forever.

P.S. I wish she would stop doing that 'peace sign' over her eye thing.

Taffer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Taffer »

What is the "Real" Jenna because she is genuine throughout her videos, you can count on that at least. Also I never stated she was or wasn't immature in fact I don't believe she has gotten more immature at all.

Specifically what kind of videos do you want her to produce?
How exactly has she gotten more immature?

mathematical
Learner
Learner

Post by mathematical »

Taffer wrote:What is the "Real" Jenna because she is genuine throughout her videos, you can count on that at least. Also I never stated she was or wasn't immature in fact I don't believe she has gotten more immature at all.

Specifically what kind of videos do you want her to produce?
How exactly has she gotten more immature?
Why are you all over people voicing their opinion on Jenna in her TRASH thread? Granted this is the tamest trash thread I've been in but shit, go stan for her in her RAVE thread already :roll:

harvestmoongoddess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by harvestmoongoddess »

^^ oh my god no one cares

Taffer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Taffer »

harvestmoongoddess wrote:^^ oh my god no one cares
What am I not allowed to ask legitimate questions?
Also don't misconstrue any of my statements as raving about her either. All I'm after is some more interesting discussion than 31 flavors of "she her videos sucks" and "she doesn't act her age." You guys obviously still care about her to some degree or this thread would be dead. I'm also not trying to stop you guys from having your opinions, thats perfectly fine and reasonable. I just feel there's room for discussion why the overall thematic content of the thread is the way it is.

eevee
Informer
Informer

Post by eevee »

I'd like to pitch in and say that I don't agree that her demographic is young kids/young teens, I think it includes that yes, but I think it's a little more expanded than other youtubers. For example I am 21 and I still love watching Jenna and especially Julien whereas I have grown out of other youtubers like Zoella and Louise who really go for kids to 16 yr olds in my opinion. I think Jenna is more herself and less worried about appealing to a certain audience. However I do agree that her content is getting worse and has certainly changed. She used to be a little more on the bimbo side and funnier and now shes calmed down and settled down and isn't as funny/original. So I can understand why a lot of people have lost interest. I'm sure I will someday as well.

Also Taffer you are free to ask questions and discuss ik why people are being so rude

Oxford
Debater
Debater

Post by Oxford »

Taffer wrote:
harvestmoongoddess wrote:^^ oh my god no one cares
What am I not allowed to ask legitimate questions?
Also don't misconstrue any of my statements as raving about her either. All I'm after is some more interesting discussion than 31 flavors of "she her videos sucks" and "she doesn't act her age." You guys obviously still care about her to some degree or this thread would be dead. I'm also not trying to stop you guys from having your opinions, thats perfectly fine and reasonable. I just feel there's room for discussion why the overall thematic content of the thread is the way it is.
Go back and watch something from two years ago, such as 'Things I Don't Have Time For' (still to this day laugh at that video) and compare it to 'I Rate Your Pets' from 6 months ago. In the first 40 seconds, she bothers me with 1. Speaking in third person 2. Doing that peace pose with the unfunny face (think she got that from Chris Melberger, I think he's funny too, but she overdoes it) 3. Speaks in third person again 4. Waves her arms around and in an annoying voice says 'god lighten up'. Pretty much the whole video is like she's trying too hard imo.

'Embarrassing Stories' from 2 years ago, also a favourite of mine, and then 'How I Talk To People At Parties' from a few months ago. In that video, when she's being 'herself' she's totally cool and normal, but her 'conscience' or whoever the two shoulder versions are, are so stupid and immature. The way they talk and the things they do bother me so much.

Even if you disagree, there's a reason I STILL love Jenna from 2 years ago, and find her cringey now. It's not that I outgrew her, I still find her old videos funny, it's just the last 12 months or so where I feel her sense of humour has become very childish. I mean even back in the day, she still had some immature jokes, like when she would randomly say 'caffeine' for example, THAT is Jenna being Jenna, now it's just too much of that random, immature shit.

I will add, some of her OLLLLDDD videos I don't like. Anything where she's pretending to be a guy, and even 'how to trick people into thinking you're good looking' ain't my cup of tea. I also find those immature and annoying. So maybe it's not her, but just my sense of humour.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

New thread pls. Mods?

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

Please continue here:http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=30098

P.S discussion is allowed but please don't call out each other opinion's because you don't like it. Better to not start sh*t as it keeps mods job's easier as we don't want to deal with drama and flame wars on threads so try and keep the peace. That's all.

Return to “JennaMarbles”