Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ViviannaDoesMakeup

Post by Ombre_so_over »

Today's video: "Paris get un-ready with me"

2 minute snoozefest. Nothing original at all. I really don't understand her following now, she makes NO effort. She is neither pretty nor interesting at this stage.

FairyDust1000
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by FairyDust1000 »

I found her latest video to be soooo boring. Longest two minutes ever.

I use to love her videos but I found this one to be unwatchable. It was far to similar to the other paris video & the lighting was horrible. I'm sorry but it's not had to take a little portable battery operated light with you. If your going to take a tripod at least take a light. Half the video was just darkness really.

IcallitBS
Learner
Learner

Post by IcallitBS »

So she's in an interesting city like Paris and she just stays in her hotelroom to take a bath and watch The Office. How can she just go to all these amazing cities and just spend the evening/free time in her hotel room? And when she films something that isn't scheduled on the press trip, it's her shopping. She's become so boring.

rosiee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rosiee »

^ I agree, even though they're so called work trips she could be a little more adventurous. I've noticed that she tends to stick to travel cliches: if you go somewhere exciting, it would be nice to see something else alongside the overcrowded tourist attractions (i.e. her latest trip to nyc with mark).

saks10111
Learner
Learner

Post by saks10111 »

The latest video was just the icing on top of the most boring cake ever! She acts like because she's in Paris just for that specific beauty brand, she can't go out on her own time and explore or at least try something different. I know she's been there multiple times, but all they do is go eat, usually at the same places including a restaurant in the same hotel they're staying at (is there anything more character-less?!) and go to bed early. She is so DULL, even the book she reads before going to bed is a healthy living book, of course, which is fine, but it's one that's so buzzed about right now that it just seems lazy, can't she discover something new for her viewers?! Even if its non healthy/cookbook related, it can't be anything interesting or left field obviously, its Amy Poehler's book or that Girl Boss book that basically every youtuber prattled on about.
This beauty blogger lifestyle is completely wasted on her; also, if the argument was to be made that at least she's sincere and dedicated to her blog and hence goes out less, well then she should have a far better written blog, with less cringey writing and less typos and overly long sentences. Her photographs all look the same, her video lighting is bright to the point of pointless in terms of showing how makeup looks (she's clearly trying to go for that super flattering, soft focus effect- look at the difference between the brightness in her and Lily's videos for instance). I'm just sick of her at this point, and sick of her ignoring any constructive advice. Also, and I say this in the nicest way possible, she really needs to get a life beyond Mark and Lily.

velvet-guru
Debater
Debater

Post by velvet-guru »

shopping in Paris...at a mac store! oy. Isn't the british pound down right now? Therefore it would hardly be advantageous to shop for things readily available at home...unless i'm not thinking of trade deals and maybe mac is more expensive in the UK. anyway. I was SHOCKED that anna didn't order a burger as that seems like the restaurant food she eats most often

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

Post by nervousbeachgoer »

I don't know whether it's that she's having a bit of a blogging crisis and has lost enthusiasm or maybe she is working on something big and not mentioning it but her content has been so lazy and boring for months now it feels like there must be something going on with her.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

It could be apartment hunting.

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

poulet wrote:It could be apartment hunting.
I was thinking the same thing. That would, potentially, explain part of the reason for the disappearance of the vlogs (though I definitely agree with the theory that Gleam switched Anna and Lily's schedules!). If that's what she and Mark are spending their time doing, it would make sense that she wouldn't be able to show that process.
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

doudette86
Informer
Informer

Post by doudette86 »

She runs from time to time and do yoga almost every single morning " according to her" she also read healthy eating books, so why her ass is getting bigger and bigger ?? :D

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

I actually thought her Paris videos were lovely, but the shot of The Office and that dumb Amelia Freer book killed it for me. Really? Anna is such a sheep about everything I really shouldn't be surprised.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

doudette86 wrote:She runs from time to time and do yoga almost every single morning " according to her" she also read healthy eating books, so why her ass is getting bigger and bigger ?? :D
muscle building? She's so slim, don't see how anyone could say she is getting big imo!

She's so dull at the minute it's becoming painful. All her blog photos are out of focus as of late as well. She's always been good at taking the youtube/blog thing seriously but it's completed dipped into a state of staleness. She wants to appeal to the twenty-something who is working their way up the career ladder and into the city high life, yet that's not what she is at all, it's a shame she seems like a lovely person and totally the sort of person you'd want to be friends with but it's just kinda wasted on her obsession with being boring.

doudette86
Informer
Informer

Post by doudette86 »

ima wrote:
doudette86 wrote:She runs from time to time and do yoga almost every single morning " according to her" she also read healthy eating books, so why her ass is getting bigger and bigger ?? :D
muscle building? She's so slim, don't see how anyone could say she is getting big imo!

She's so dull at the minute it's becoming painful. All her blog photos are out of focus as of late as well. She's always been good at taking the youtube/blog thing seriously but it's completed dipped into a state of staleness. She wants to appeal to the twenty-something who is working their way up the career ladder and into the city high life, yet that's not what she is at all, it's a shame she seems like a lovely person and totally the sort of person you'd want to be friends with but it's just kinda wasted on her obsession with being boring.
I have to disagree with you on that, i think she is far from being slim, and there is no sign of any mass building either, her arms in the last GRWTM are a BIT flabby, nothing wrong that, but it might confuse some of her viewers since there is no results from the working out she is pretending to do.
i'am for example confused, is she really working out or Yoga is useless :?

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

She would have to sort out her eating to get muscle. No carbs and sugars. And Yoga with Adrienne is not that high impact that she could get muscle, that's just not enough.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

poulet wrote:She would have to sort out her eating to get muscle. No carbs and sugars. And Yoga with Adrienne is not that high impact that she could get muscle, that's just not enough.
This is such bullshit, it's not plant based carbohydrates ie sugar that make people fat or flabby it's animal fats and overt plant fats when over consumed. The body literally runs on carbs, to advocate cutting them out is unhealthy. As is the idea that someone like Anna is "far from slim" as one poster cruelly commented.

Would be criticise a male youtubers body image and diet so much, I very much doubt it. Why should women be treated in such a manner by I presume fellow women!? Health is so much more than what you look like, are you content are you able to be flexible with your body and are fit or do you lot think it;s only about your jean size goodness sake!

doudette86
Informer
Informer

Post by doudette86 »

This is such bullshit
wow, she is entitled to have an opinion, there is no need to be aggressive!
Would be criticise a male youtubers body image and diet so much, I very much doubt it
Of course i'll do if his recommendations are doubtful, the gender of recommendations maker is absolutely irrelevant
do you lot think it;s only about your jean size goodness sake!
Of course not, you are completely missing the point here, she is been promoting yoga for so long and featuring some healthy eating books in her videos, i'm only wondering if it's good to me as viewer, should i buy that book ?is that going to help me? should i follow the yoga instructor she is recommending ?? that's all there is no cruelty involved here!

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

liseppe wrote:
poulet wrote:She would have to sort out her eating to get muscle. No carbs and sugars. And Yoga with Adrienne is not that high impact that she could get muscle, that's just not enough.
This is such bullshit, it's not plant based carbohydrates ie sugar that make people fat or flabby it's animal fats and overt plant fats when over consumed. The body literally runs on carbs, to advocate cutting them out is unhealthy. As is the idea that someone like Anna is "far from slim" as one poster cruelly commented.

Would be criticise a male youtubers body image and diet so much, I very much doubt it. Why should women be treated in such a manner by I presume fellow women!? Health is so much more than what you look like, are you content are you able to be flexible with your body and are fit or do you lot think it;s only about your jean size goodness sake!
Calm the hell down.

Women have a higher percentage of body fat than men and in order to get a slender, sculpted, muscled body they need to eat low carb and put in more effort than men. It's not enough to do low impact yoga for that.

This girl, for example, ate low carb and got like this with weightlifting in the gym.
Compare on this picture: http://i2.wp.com/www.sminkerica.com/wp- ... =600%2C600
Anna's like that, slim but no muscles.
I don't care about people's bodies, I'm stating facts. Before you want to argue, google how organisms can function when eating low carb high protein high fat diet.

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

yawn.

can we move on to a different topic, please? i'm sick of every single thread here being overrun with discussions of weight. it seems like none of these women can be thin enough and it's just so boring. you've read one conversation about it, you've read them all imo.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

I don't give a shit about anyone's weight.
And I scroll through a lot of shitty "discussions" as well, so you as well might.

giggleimsoweird
Lurker
Lurker

Post by giggleimsoweird »

i actually think the decline in quality of her content and her stick-to-her-guns attitude about red eyeshadow and the like are just a passive aggressive fuck you to her haters

Return to “The Anna Edit”