ViviannaDoesMakeup

xoxoblondie
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ViviannaDoesMakeup

Post by xoxoblondie »

The only thread for this girl was started forever ago and she now has 172,000 plus subscribers. I stumbled upon her recently and I liked her videos, seemed nice but whyyyyyy does she have expensive designer bags but she cant fix her teeth :? Like its okay for your teeth not to be perfect but its distracting.... she has sort of a lisp and it made it unbearable to watch her longer videos. Image Image

ventiamericano
Learner
Learner

Re: ViviannaDoesMakeup

Post by ventiamericano »

Out of all the Gleam ladies, she is the only one that I am still subscribed to.

candycorn123
Learner
Learner

Post by candycorn123 »

I used to really like her but she's not relatable anymore..at least not for me. She is all about the uber expensive stuff, isn't honest with her sponsorships anymore and now she is with this Gleam team. I don't know about you guys but I can hardly afford anything she promotes. And I'm not talking about the odd NARS pencil here and there, but it seems like the things she really likes and brags about are really expensive products like the Sarah Chapman Overnight Facial for like 70 bucks. And I don't really like her blogger friend Lily Pebbles..I feel like their blogs and youtube channels became very similar in style and content.

niccaplease
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by niccaplease »

^^^^ AGREE

how can you have such BUSTED teeth and all this expensive COS clothing and various designer handbags, its a complete joke she looks SO SO BAD with those disgusting teeth which can be fixed easily!

Everyone acts like she is this amazing goddess makeup expert when what does she actually do? Her videos are just professional, she doesnt speak like a 3year old like the other bloggers and she reviews the MOST EXPENSIVE products she can find, so off putting. I cannot afford anything she buys so there is no point me watching, also her makeup looks sh*t.

herpderp
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by herpderp »

She's one of the few British beauty vloggers I can still stand to watch, along with icovetthee. I agree that they're all started to look the same though, there's no originality in that community. I'll predict she'll start selling out soon and her videos will turn to shit. :lol:

hannah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hannah »

Her eyebrows are horrendous. I find it so weird with her how she used to always claim she wasn't really in to eyeshadow and the only eyeshadows from MAC she needed were her quad. Now she just goes batshit crazy and buys so many expensive palettes that all look the same. Her and Lily both look the same in EVERY video, they've never looked any different, they could probably have 1 item of each piece of makeup and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference to now.

CataMaria
Talker
Talker

Post by CataMaria »

candycorn123 wrote:I used to really like her but she's not relatable anymore..at least not for me. She is all about the uber expensive stuff, isn't honest with her sponsorships anymore and now she is with this Gleam team. I don't know about you guys but I can hardly afford anything she promotes. And I'm not talking about the odd NARS pencil here and there, but it seems like the things she really likes and brags about are really expensive products like the Sarah Chapman Overnight Facial for like 70 bucks. And I don't really like her blogger friend Lily Pebbles..I feel like their blogs and youtube channels became very similar in style and content.
It's like you read my mind, I feel the exact same way about her!!

candycorn123
Learner
Learner

Post by candycorn123 »

hannah wrote:Her eyebrows are horrendous. I find it so weird with her how she used to always claim she wasn't really in to eyeshadow and the only eyeshadows from MAC she needed were her quad. Now she just goes batshit crazy and buys so many expensive palettes that all look the same. Her and Lily both look the same in EVERY video, they've never looked any different, they could probably have 1 item of each piece of makeup and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference to now.
I don't think she actually buys all those pallettes except the individual ones for her MAC palette. You can tell because many British youtubers post about this one specific palette within the same 10 days or so. She doesn't mark the sponsored or given products anymore like she used to.

Coralista
Learner
Learner

Post by Coralista »

Why does she start every video now with "Hi, I'm Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup"? Well, yeah clearly - who else would you be? :?

I couldn't believe that she spent £50 on the latest NARS palette, which she was telling all her readers they simply had to have, then bought a Marc Jacobs palette with almost identical colours. She has more money than sense!

h8ersgonnah8
Lurker
Lurker

Post by h8ersgonnah8 »

I understand, that Lily and Vivianna are really good friends, but why do they need to upload videos AT THE SAME TIME? Like they always do that...

I agree about the teeth, not only they look bad, they also make it impossible to listen to her because of the lisp...

potnoodlegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by potnoodlegirl »

I like her blog in the sense that she posts almost every day and it's interesting to read what horrendously overpriced stuff these bloggers are buying, but at the same time it's a bit pretentious. "The edit", "the notes", like she's Vogue or something.

candycorn123
Learner
Learner

Post by candycorn123 »

Coralista wrote:Why does she start every video now with "Hi, I'm Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup"? Well, yeah clearly - who else would you be? :?

I couldn't believe that she spent £50 on the latest NARS palette, which she was telling all her readers they simply had to have, then bought a Marc Jacobs palette with almost identical colours. She has more money than sense!

candycorn123
Learner
Learner

Post by candycorn123 »

Coralista wrote:Why does she start every video now with "Hi, I'm Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup"? Well, yeah clearly - who else would you be?
I asked myself that as well! It makes kinda sense when she's filming for another channel, but on her own channel? It's ridiculous, because like you said, who else would it be? :D

candycorn123
Learner
Learner

Post by candycorn123 »

potnoodlegirl wrote:"The edit", "the notes", like she's Vogue or something.
I like her blog as well, but you're absolutely right! That's what I don't like about her..she's trying to be so fancy and trendy and often I just think that she just tries to hard. I think that she once said she'd like her blog to be like "Into The Gloss" and in fact she copies a lot. I really recommend checking out intothegloss.com..it's a great beauty and lifestyle blog!

mascaramadam
Learner
Learner

Post by mascaramadam »

candycorn123 wrote:
potnoodlegirl wrote:"The edit", "the notes", like she's Vogue or something.
I like her blog as well, but you're absolutely right! That's what I don't like about her..she's trying to be so fancy and trendy and often I just think that she just tries to hard. I think that she once said she'd like her blog to be like "Into The Gloss" and in fact she copies a lot. I really recommend checking out intothegloss.com..it's a great beauty and lifestyle blog!
I agree too, I think the content is good and she gives good product info, but I just can't stand her writing style at all. Too pretentious and try-hard, and some of the phrases she uses reeeaaally irrationally annoy me!

If she wants to be seen as a proper professional beauty writer (which I guess she kinda is now) then she really needs to make the writing more professional and polished with far fewer irritating phrases - if she submitted an article in the style she currently writes to a Vogue editor I think she'd probably be laughed out of the room!

pinkcow

Post by pinkcow »

I find her writing style very grating and it goes against the professional image she tries to project. No matter how much money she spends she always looks the same. I cannot stand the way that Lily and Anna copy each other, they are clones.

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

Coralista wrote:Why does she start every video now with "Hi, I'm Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup"? Well, yeah clearly - who else would you be? :?
IKR!! I also hate how she always say "post is up on VDM" I don't know why it ticks me off, but I feel like she thinks her blog is some kind of legit beauty online magazine. Ugh, no, it's just a BLOG. So freaking pretentious.

niccaplease
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by niccaplease »

She is so pretentious and the annoying phrases are so cringeworthy! If you watch someone actually credible like lisa eldrige you don't hear all the cliche descriptive terms used by vivianna et al. I hate how she always takes the lids of all the products and puts them around the latest vogue, its just awful!

australienne
Talker
Talker

Post by australienne »

I like her but the snaggle is SO distracting!

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

hannah wrote:Her eyebrows are horrendous. I find it so weird with her how she used to always claim she wasn't really in to eyeshadow and the only eyeshadows from MAC she needed were her quad. Now she just goes batshit crazy and buys so many expensive palettes that all look the same. Her and Lily both look the same in EVERY video, they've never looked any different, they could probably have 1 item of each piece of makeup and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference to now.
I know, her tastes automatically change when she gets sent products for free.

Return to “The Anna Edit”