HollieEatsLipstick

yetanotherlurker
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: HollieEatsLipstick

Post by yetanotherlurker »

gugogi16 wrote:I just subscribed to Hollie like a week ago but something just didn't sit quite right about her, no matter how many times Thrift Thick recommended her. I didn't know what it was, she seemed nice enough. So I went and looked at some of her old videos and I kept coming across videos with the comments closed and I got more and more frustrated until I went to the very beginning and manically checked video after video and I lost count after 120 something videos of closed comments section until I finally hit Jan 31, 2015 her NEW NYX Tinted Brow Mascara Review + Demo when videos start having open comments. That's at least 250 videos of closed comments, only THREE I found with an open comments sections up until 5 months ago. That is the most disturbing thing I've seen on Youtube in the past 6 years. A whole year and half of her channel is just closed to discussion, what gives?
Wow that's pretty messed up. I just started checking out this girl's channel a few days ago and thought she was alright. Kind of boring but still decent enough to listen to when I'm super bored. Does anyone know why she would do what gugogi16 mentioned??

teadrunk
Talker
Talker

Post by teadrunk »

yetanotherlurker wrote:
gugogi16 wrote:I just subscribed to Hollie like a week ago but something just didn't sit quite right about her, no matter how many times Thrift Thick recommended her. I didn't know what it was, she seemed nice enough. So I went and looked at some of her old videos and I kept coming across videos with the comments closed and I got more and more frustrated until I went to the very beginning and manically checked video after video and I lost count after 120 something videos of closed comments section until I finally hit Jan 31, 2015 her NEW NYX Tinted Brow Mascara Review + Demo when videos start having open comments. That's at least 250 videos of closed comments, only THREE I found with an open comments sections up until 5 months ago. That is the most disturbing thing I've seen on Youtube in the past 6 years. A whole year and half of her channel is just closed to discussion, what gives?
Wow that's pretty messed up. I just started checking out this girl's channel a few days ago and thought she was alright. Kind of boring but still decent enough to listen to when I'm super bored. Does anyone know why she would do what gugogi16 mentioned??
That's weird. I was following her last year (but ended up unsubbing because she was boring and there was something "off" about her but I couldn't pinpoint it) but anyways I'm almost positive she had open comments then. Does she close the comment section after awhile, or... did she do a massive close of her comments on her older vids all at once?

LaLela
Talker
Talker

Post by LaLela »

Her undereyes look so caked! I feel like she makes her undereyes look so wrinkly because she overpowders. She is aging herself with too much makeup

jpyst2
Talker
Talker

Post by jpyst2 »

The most annoying thing about this girl is that she isn't even from LA yet insists she's from LA.
She's from Moreno Valley or San bernardino which is literally 60+ miles away.

TacyCollini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TacyCollini »

While, I'm not for or against Holly, I unsubbed to her, much earlier, in the year. She is very repetitive, in her videos, so I got bored. With this said, I think she's a cute girl and someone I wouldn't mind my 20-year-old son, coming home with. Haha. Seriously, though, I am quite a bit older, than she and tend to sub to people that have extremely pale skin (like myself), in hopes they'll find/review products, to save me the effort...but she just does lip products...there's no joking around with this girl. If you are obsessed with lip products, then Holly is the go-to. ;)

idonteven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by idonteven »

I used to really like her and her simplicity. But she cakes on so much makeup even though she has gorgeous skin and the constant bath and body works hauls get boringggg.

andthensome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by andthensome »

I haven't watched this girl in a long time, I unsubscribed quite a while back because I got sick of hearing her talk about lip balm, but one of her videos popped up in my recommended and I clicked on it because it didn't look like her at first in the thumbnail, after clicking on the video I couldn't believe how old she looks! Holy Crap... what is she like 22? 23? She looks over 30 with all that makeup she cakes on :? :? :?

sharpie123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sharpie123 »

Her makeup is terrible, especially her eye makeup. Her eyes always looks like she just got punched. The colors that she puts on do not flatter her at all. Her foundation also seems too white for her face.

beached_up
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by beached_up »

sharpie123 wrote:Her makeup is terrible, especially her eye makeup. Her eyes always looks like she just got punched. The colors that she puts on do not flatter her at all. Her foundation also seems too white for her face.
I thought it was just me! She looks like Casper! I mean I have PALE skin but she goes over board. It looks like a mask.

Frito Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Frito Pie »

My eyes hurt from looking at all the different weird colors she puts on and around her face! That shade of red for her hair and super pale cakey foundation with dark eyebrows and often bright lipsticks that clash with the hair. Oh and don't forget the horrible orange-brown eyeshadow that she usually insist on, thickly applied from upper lash line to eyebrow. She's like Mimi from the Drew Carey Show except with a different color scheme.

I wonder if she's trying to accentuate the blue in her eyes by wearing orange eyeshadow, but it just doesn't go with the rest of the colors on and around her face and she applies it to such a large area. It's too much contrast against the sea of pale foundation. (I say this as a pale girl myself. It wouldn't look so strange if she didn't cake on 15 layers.)

Now of course she's free to do whatever she likes but it would be nice to see her in some softer colors every once in a while.

Grandpa
Learner
Learner

Post by Grandpa »

This chick is creepier than hell itself. You can see her hair color from the space station and she wears red and orange eyeshadow. She hardly moves her face and she's only in her early twenties. She reminds me of a witch and her name should be Grizzelda. Wait till she sees herself 10 years from now. She'll be so ashamed.
Can't she see herself? She says her real color is blonde and you know what?...if she had blonde hair her channel would skyrocket with subs. She's unrealistic that's why high end companies want nothing to do with her and only the cheap companies send her things to try. I told her that once and she thought I was jealous. Well there are better looking women out there and most dogs look better so "NO" i don't think so witch Grizzelda. The thing is her hair has no class. If it were a red that was gorgeous but it looks so cheap and trashy. She would be a beautiful girl in her own natural hair color, which is blonde as she says. her hair colors are always too harsh. It's too bad because she would do well on youtube without her Grizzelda look. I wonder if she has a cauldron and a broomstick she flies at night. bwahahahah :o

Grandpa
Learner
Learner

Post by Grandpa »

'Hollie Eats Lipstick' - should really be called - 'Hollie Eats Shit'

vetiver
Learner
Learner

Post by vetiver »

I find something about her mouth really creepy, like she's got a few too many teeth.

onionface
Informer
Informer

Post by onionface »

I have always really liked Hollie but there's something different about her lately. I don't know what it is exactly but she's been acting more...more...hoochie? Like her arrogance level has been turned up a few notches. I don't know if it's because of her vibrant red hair that's been making her feel sassy or what. I really hope she isn't going down that road because I've always enjoyed her. She used to have a sweet, more down to earth feel about her.

onionface
Informer
Informer

Post by onionface »

I have always really liked Hollie but there's something different about her lately. I don't know what it is exactly but she's been acting more...more...hoochie? Like her arrogance level has been turned up a few notches. I don't know if it's because of her vibrant red hair that's been making her feel sassy or what. I really hope she isn't going down that road because I've always enjoyed her. She used to have a sweet, more down to earth feel about her.

laniezee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laniezee »

Her hair color is hideous. How can she look in the mirror and think that looks good? She literally looks like that Aurora, Colorado movie theater mass killer - James Holmes... and that man looks beyond deranged.

She has a beautiful face, but that hair just ruins her looks.

onionface
Informer
Informer

Post by onionface »

She literally looks like that Aurora, Colorado movie theater mass killer - James Holmes...
:rofl:

Am I the only one who likes her red hair? I think it would look better a darker shade of red though.

What normally irks me about her is her eye makeup. It's a sloppy mess. She puts on so much copper and bronze colors all the damn time. Her liner is always crooked too. I think she should calm down with the amount of eye makeup she applies.

doodoobutter
Talker
Talker

Post by doodoobutter »

I tried to like this girl because a couple of other youtubers that I like mentioned her, but I just can't. There's something about her that makes me feel really uncomfortable. It's like she's either really stiff and boring, or she's just like spacing the hell out. Her voice is also really irritating to me (like she has a permanently stuffy nose?).

She just gives me weird vibes, man. Like one of those girls who ends up saying or doing something really awkward and gross but doesn't even acknowledge that it's fucked up, like that one girl in that American Pie movie who's all like "One time at band camp I stuck a flute in my pussy!" I'm telling you this girl has some kind of weird gross personal habits, I just know it.

justahuman
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justahuman »

I found her through her massive lip balm hauls. She made a 6 min review for one lip balm, she clearly has an obsession with it. I actually use her video's to fall alseep like asmr lol, I think her voice is soothing. I like her rambling since she rambles fast and doesn't sound like a complete airhead like some beauty guru's. It kinda feels like something is off about her but at the same time there isn't.. idk.

hollieforrest2
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hollieforrest2 »

I am subscribed to Hollie's channel from the first beggining , she's one of my fave youtuber . But .. she is very private , like she's hiding something . She is only focused on make up videos ,and that's it ,she should try to make vlogs etc.
I was watching her last live video , and she said that she started to go to college ( probably from last year (idk why she didn't mention this before) ). She realised that yt can't give her big $$$.

Return to “F-J”