Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Em Cosmetics Part 3

Post by Trololol »

martynatx wrote:
AimHigh wrote:
Mew wrote:Every time I see an ad for elf makeup I mistake it for em.. every time. The packaging is so similar and the logos are like the exact same.. black box, white lowercase font, abbreviation of the name above and full name below
maybe that's the whole point. Michelle using same packaging to steal elfs customers
I totally agree with you!
You'd have to be blind not to see the price difference when you check out.

vikez
Learner
Learner

Post by vikez »

Has Phan seriously had any touch with Economics?
It was one of my first lections in Microeconomics when we talked about luxury goods and if she thinks that em is luxury then she better burn her degree. All of this looks more like money laundering than a legitimate business.

Even the little companies know that you must first build a name, gain reputation and etc. She could have started with a basic line... something not so pricey but usable on daily basis. Then after some time if she still wants to go on the 'luxuryyyyyyyy yay' line ok. But all this is a joke. I would never buy her cosmetics when I have a trusted cheap brand like Golden rose around the corner.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

ELF is one of my favorite drugstore brands. I would order from ELF over EM any day, especially since ELF has really been stepping up their game lately. I love their new brushes! So affordable! I don't know why I would ever spend $30 on a MAC brush when I can get a similar brush from ELF for $6 (I understand there will be a difference in quality and performance, but for me right now, ELF brushes perform just fine :D ).

bunnybutt420
Informer
Informer

Post by bunnybutt420 »

switchgirl wrote:So Nyx is opening up physical stores in LA and SF. I'm sure that this type of expansion is due in part to being backed my L'oreal now after being bought out. Makes you wonder why Em still doesn't have their own physical store yet.
They did have a bricks and mortar store that mysteriously disappeared into oblivion :rofl: and then they tried to make out that it was just a pop up store? I call BS on that. In Mish's tour of the store vid (that's since disappeared too lol), you can see the store was heavily invested in with 'digital stations' (built in iPads), elaborate security/CCTV systems and an expensive layout. Seems like a lot of effort to put into a 'pop up store'.

Anyway, after that (and many other fiascos), I wouldn't blame Loreal for not wanting to put more money into the sinking ship that is EM cosmetics lol.

honest_girl_23
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by honest_girl_23 »

I don't see her promote em anymore
Any spelling errors are due to auto correct

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Whoevr manages the em facebook page does not know what an ombre lip looks like.

The makeup looks fine, much cleaner than what Michelle comes up with, but that, sir, is not an ombre lip. If that is an ombre lip, I am the Queen of England.

bigmouthstrikesagain
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bigmouthstrikesagain »

Is nobody on YouTube using em cosmetics? The only mention I see is Meghan Rienks with the double ended highlight contour thing.

bunnybutt420
Informer
Informer

Post by bunnybutt420 »

Trololol wrote:Whoevr manages the em facebook page does not know what an ombre lip looks like.

The makeup looks fine, much cleaner than what Michelle comes up with, but that, sir, is not an ombre lip. If that is an ombre lip, I am the Queen of England.
That looks so photoshopped/filtered though, ew.

Her teeth :?

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Her teeth are actually pretty decent. It's the 'ombre' lipstick that I have an issue with.

WE ALL CALLED IT!

Post by Guest »

L’Oréal USA, Michelle Phan Part Ways

"Together, we’ve made the decision to sell Em Michelle Phan to Ipsy"

"However, from all market accounts, the line simply didn’t live up to the hype."

"The development of the line never got past the “start-up” phase"

"One analyst suggested that the pricing was too high for Phan’s youthful audience."

http://bit.ly/1Pn6Ium

handmadedolly
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by handmadedolly »

YUCK! wrote:L’Oréal USA, Michelle Phan Part Ways

"However, from all market accounts, the line simply didn’t live up to the hype."

"One analyst suggested that the pricing was too high for Phan’s youthful audience."

[url]http://bit.ly/1Pn6Ium[/url]
This made my Sunday :rofl:

Rock Addict 420
Learner
Learner

Post by Rock Addict 420 »

OMG this is the best news ever!!!!!!!! this makes what number of projects to go down the drain now?!?! like ten? I've lost count, seriously awesome
)O( Blessed Be )O(

ERMAHGERD~
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Em Cosmetics Part 3 | Split from L’Oréal

Post by ERMAHGERD~ »

Trololol wrote:Whoevr manages the em facebook page does not know what an ombre lip looks like.

DISMISSED... She photoshops all her pics and uses heavy lighting on top... EM will never be shit.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

I've been predicting this split for a long ass time.
I'd be happy for Michelle if she's able to turn em around.
But something I will not stand for will be the 99.9% chance of her not taking responsibility for the failure of em. I'm certain that she'll indirectly bash L'Oreal.
She has no problem receiving all the praise about ipsy even though her involvement is minimal, in return she should take responsibility of em's failure.
" em is a reflection of me" yes michelle em is a reflection of your shitty business decisions.

sugarpeaches123
Talker
Talker

Post by sugarpeaches123 »

Oh my God, I need a happy dance emoji to express my glee adequately!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

This isn't exactly a surprise, but I admit, serious schadenfreude going on up in here. :rofl:

bunnybutt420
Informer
Informer

Post by bunnybutt420 »

I mentioned a few posts up that loreal would be crazy to invest more money into the sinking ship that is em

Now Mish is like a captain going down with her ship! Ahahahha :rofl:

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

Pricing was too high for Phan's youthful audience - yeah, well, no shit, Sherlock. That was the first thing people complained about when it first launched and L'Oreal didn't bother to change it to accommodate customer demands. Instead, they decided to focus on the "luxury affordable" angle.

Interesting that ipsy is taking over em though. It's hilarious to me that ipsy is pretty much Michelle's only successful venture and in a way, I think she kind of lucked out on that one.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Chiyou wrote:

Pricing was too high for Phan's youthful audience - yeah, well, no shit, Sherlock. That was the first thing people complained about when it first launched and L'Oreal didn't bother to change it to accommodate customer demands. Instead, they decided to focus on the "luxury affordable" angle.

Interesting that ipsy is taking over em though. It's hilarious to me that ipsy is pretty much Michelle's only successful venture and in a way, I think she kind of lucked out on that one.
I find it hilarious how they stated it was sold to ipsy not Michelle. It sounds like ipsy is the parent and Michelle is the child. It sounds like they're bashing Michelle, indirectly saying she isn't capable of running a business on her own 2 feet.
Indeed if ipsy wasn't successful she'd be going to her doctor for anti depressants. Very lucky.

Return to “Michelle Phan”