Holiday makeup

floralaffair
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Holiday makeup

Post by floralaffair »

Hiya, I'm going to the Philippines in a fortnight for a 5 week placement. I live in the UK though and obviously the climates and temperature are completely different! I'm assuming my regular makeup will just melt off my face and I was wondering if anybody could help me with recommendations for sweat proof/water proof makeup, particularly mascara :)

I have essentials like spf 50 and mozzie spray but is there anything not obvious that is good to bring? Also I'm gonna buy stuff like shower gel and shampoo and conditioner out there, are there any nice brands or will any do?

For reference I'm about an NC20 with dirty blonde hair :)

Thanks! :)

Re: Holiday makeup

Post by Guest »

I've traveled to Thailand countless times and it's a similar climate to the Philippines. You will need bug spray. Either bring some with you or buy it there; but it is essential. Mosquitoes are a big nuisance. As for shower products, just visit any drug store or market and you'll notice they have pretty much the same name brands you're used to seeing like Dove, Pantene, Revlon. Sunsilk is popular in Southeast Asia as well.

As for makeup, it just depends on your skin type and how it handles hot and humid climates. Setting powder is a good idea. Mineral makeup would melt off easily but I found Tarte's liquid foundation stays put pretty nicely. Get some oil blotting sheets. I don't use waterproof mascara so I can't really help you there. I say just bring whatever makeup you normally use and work with what you got. Once you're there you'll get a better idea of how each product reacts to the weather and you can buy stuff that will better suit your needs.

Return to “Travel”