Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BatALashBeauty

Post by snappedback »

I'm shocked she didn't name it "detox tea".

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Haha she did. With two Ts. Créme Corsett Image

devildorito
Talker
Talker

Post by devildorito »

On another note, it's probably way over priced and I could literally get that same color from any makeup brand out there. Like come on have some more creativity than some half assed basic nude. Lol. But she's basic as it is so what should I even expect. But hey, @milanese, try viva glam 2 by mac. It's a beautiful medium toned nude. It looks amazing on medium to dark skin, in my opinion.

devildorito
Talker
Talker

Post by devildorito »

Was the two Ts intentional or is she just stupid haha

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by snappedback »

^I'm sure it was intentional but she's also stupid.

devildorito
Talker
Talker

Post by devildorito »

I can't even tell what color it is because it looks different in every pic I've seen. Lip land makes it look dark but in her pic it looks light

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by snappedback »

It's super light. It looked really light pink on her Periscope reveal. She's editing a video where she's going to introduce it and do a GRWM (I'm assuming, I doubt it'll be a tutorial) on her everyday look paired with this lipstick.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

devildorito wrote:Was the two Ts intentional or is she just stupid haha

Right? I looked it up even, wondering if there is something I don't know, and Google was like, "nope, we know you mean corset." I don't know what she was going for. Maybe it should've been Créme Ccccorsett

Thanks for the rec!

devildorito
Talker
Talker

Post by devildorito »

Lip land looks like the new version of a shitty company like Gerard cosmetics.

devildorito
Talker
Talker

Post by devildorito »

The name sucks and the packaging is tacky af.

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

BatALashBeauty

Post by snappedback »

^Hence their very authentic collab with Amrezy and Sam. Both of them are totally on brand. Amra is... well everyone knows how tacky and over the top she is. And Sam has such a terrible aesthetic. 90s tackiness all the way with some incongruous urban wear thrown in.

Greenteadaifuku
Talker
Talker

Post by Greenteadaifuku »

Not digging the lipstick at all... who even are Lip Land?? The Saucebox collab was much, much better - at least Saucebox had been around for a little bit and had a decent reputation.

Spelling your product name wrong on purpose is just dumb.

devildorito
Talker
Talker

Post by devildorito »

The thing is Sam has really nice brands that have sponsored her...why is she stooping so low to this nobody brand that seems cheap. I wonder if nobody is sponsoring her as much anymore or something.

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by snappedback »

I'm guessing she needs the cash.

Delphino
Talker
Talker

Post by Delphino »

milanese15 wrote:Haha she did. With two Ts. Créme Corsett Image

What the F did they do to her face?? She looks like a moon...

Youtubeallday
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Youtubeallday »

Omg...reading her tweets on the fake social media saga...did she even go to school? Why are her minions tweeting back to her like her tweets made any sense...

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by snappedback »

Couple things on this new video.

1. Who is so backwards and logically challenged that they need a tutorial on a fun bun? It's a bun. There's nothing to figure out.

2. Is she for real with her skincare confessions? Sam admits that she has a lot of sun damage on her face from tanning. She says that she gets stress acne and likes to look tan. I'm not sure if the reason is that tanning covers/hides her acne or if the endorphins from tanning help her to de-stress and prevent new breakouts or if she likes be a really tan person with acne. Either way, tanning is a such a dumb short-sighted way to deal with acne. Take medication or something! Or de-stress in a less detrimental way. It makes absolutely no sense to ruin your skin with tanning in order to stop acne from ruining your skin. A serious logic flaw from her.

Anyways I really can't get over how terrible her skin looks in the video. The final look is the same shit from today's periscope and this instagram photo:

princessv
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by princessv »

This brand has probably everything figured out. They're trying to collab with a few famous people in the beauty industry so that the brand will become famous. I'm 100% sure they asked so many people to collab with, I refuse to believe Amra and Sam were the first choices lmao. Now we're gonna see discount codes and affiliate links for their website on so many smaller yters' info boxes.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

virgyj wrote:This brand has probably everything figured out. They're trying to collab with a few famous people in the beauty industry so that the brand will become famous. I'm 100% sure they asked so many people to collab with, I refuse to believe Amra and Sam were the first choices lmao. Now we're gonna see discount codes and affiliate links for their website on so many smaller yters' info boxes.
Okay, so I watched her periscope today, and she said (and even admitted "I probably shouldn't mention this") that the company belongs to her "friend" who owns another company, and that's why it was started so quickly. She and Amra have been working on this since Sept 2014. I looked up this company, trying to figure out what the other one is, and the first sites that popped up were about their importers.

They import from Grace Cosmetics in Taiwan. I then looked them up and they do package design and "turnkey services for your own cosmetic brand." They showed shots of their products and the branded ones were Sleek. I don't know if it's the same owner as Sleek or if they just import from the same company. Nonetheless, I would imagine, that this company started this business with the intention of being an Instagram Gerard Cosmetics. If they took the turnkey service, they slapped a brand and some instagrammers' names onto these products to profit and nothing more. This is the same old story that'll probably just keep getting worse--an upstart banking on social media followings and little else. I wouldn't be surprised if they did choose at least Amra first, because I think they trying to specifically make money on Instagram over YouTube. And she had a ton of followers. I'm not impressed with this collab, but whatever. If people want to waste their money on this...

Also, some other gems in her periscope: she said yes, she would back a company she didn't believe in, but only if the money was right. That "people in gossip forums would 100%" take these deals if they saw how much money they could get with only an hour's work (but I thought you worked SO hard?!). She went to a 9 month makeup program with a $20k tuition & she's still paying off that student loan.

Honestly, I'm surprised she hasn't paid that off--it would've been 4 years by now and according to her, she gets paid a lot for no work? I mean, I have student loans too (not much more than hers) but I graduated from a private 4-year college that was $55k a year. So I don't know what she's doing with that, but whatever. Also, no offense Sam, but I would not take those deals because the skills and education I've invested in aren't finite or trendy.

She keeps defending her job (which, honestly I don't even judge! Social media is a real job.) I just get annoyed with her hypocrisy. She isn't different than other Instagram models. She isn't developing new skills by pulling her shirt down in photos. Her editing skills haven't improved, so should this all come crashing down, it's not like she could get some big job with a marketing firm making videos. In her recent video she literally said "I haven't freelanced in so long that I have no clue what to recommend for those with a different skin type. I suggest looking up on YouTube someone more similar to you," so she's not even improving her makeup skills. I run my own business, and when you don't work for others, you can run a risk with your resume. So you have to make sure your skills stay sharp! She's worked on amassing a following, which is something, but little else as far as I've seen.

Return to “Samantha Ravndahl”