Casey Neistat

cw29
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Casey Neistat

Post by cw29 »

I will admit, it's nice to see him posting regularly again. As ridiculous as he may be, his video entertain me and I always looked forward to watching them on my lunch breaks. Now I can do that again.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Presence wrote:Anyone have a theory as to why he's daily vlogging again?

Does he have some big event coming up? Does he need to warm up his audience first before he makes some announcement or encourages them to go watch this or go support that or whatever?

Did his ego miss all the attention he got while vlogging?

Is he bored?

I just find it so strange that when he quit daily vlogging there was so much attention given to the fact that it was ruining his life--his marriage was in trouble, he was tired all the time, he was burnt out, etc. Yet, here we are again. Did you guys see the last part of today's vlog? Casey's filming him and Candice trying to be a normal married couple. He's talking to a camera and she's on the phone.

The other thing: After not watching him for quite awhile, and then seeing his recent vlogs, made me realize how redundant he is. It's only a few days in and we get the usual:

-running
-time lapses
-Casey wearing sunglasses in the shower
-mail time
-Candice being her (almost) usual self (but not as bitchy for some reason)
-Marlen
-gear talk
-Casey on his Boosted board

...so many things we've seen, literally, dozens and dozens of times.

With other daily vloggers, I could forgive the repetitiveness, but this is the great Casey Neistat. Being the, supposed, innovative film maker he is, wouldn't you think, if he coming back to daily vlogging and putting his marriage and lifestyle at risk, he'd do better?
he realized how stupid leaving easy money was

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Do you guys think he actually regularly wears/uses the items/clothes he is given?

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

ItsAndrew wrote:Do you guys think he actually regularly wears/uses the items/clothes he is given?
Considering he seems to be a guy who keeps his wardrobe simple by wearing the same things over and over without a lot of variety, I'd guess he probably doesn't wear a lot of it.

WitchPlease
Debater
Debater

Post by WitchPlease »

luvey wrote:
Buckwell wrote:On twitter he ordered some Snowmobiles.... here comes the lame casey being towed behind something 2017 video!!!!!
where in the world does he plan to store them? snowmobiles aren't a thing in nyc. did he sell the connecticut house, or took it off the market?
Yeah he sold it, some time last year.

cw29
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cw29 »

So he's starting up the vlog again, but only for the purpose of starting another new company? I feel like a lot of his fanbase won't take well to that. I watch his vlogs for everything that's not business-related.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

what about all he said about vlogging straining his relationship with candace? does he not care about that anymore?

RaniaIsAwesome
Talker
Talker

Post by RaniaIsAwesome »

Lolokwow wrote:I am so tired of hearing Casey's sob life story which is only a sob story bc of the choices HE made in life. Shit happens to everyone but Casey made the decisions to "not agree with authority" in school, knock up his girlfriend, drop out instead of finishing school, etc. casey's sob story is not a rags to riches story bc life happened to him and he overcame it. it's a "I fucked up a lot but then I decided to just stop fucking up and it was ok again" story. It's not like he grew up poverty stricken, in an abusive household, with a disability, etc. Had Casey not made a lot of the decisions he made in life he still would very likely be in the same position he is in today in terms of being successful and having a stable life. Maybe not a millionaire but still well off enough to not struggle (also his wife comes from money). So no Casey, I don't feel bad for the "hard life" you had. Casey should also acknowledge the a large reason he's where he is with filmmaking is bc of networking. Almost all of his gigs, especially in the beginning were due to networking and already having connections and not necessarily bc he makes the most unique and captivating films. Networking is Casey's biggest asset. it's a skill not many possess or feel comfortable doing but he excels at that and has used it to his benefit, I wonder why he never offers that little tid bit of advice in his videos...

I also find his highlighted video "Do what you Can't" that's supposedly inspiring and motivating really annoying. Obviously not everyone can be a famous youtuber or movie-maker, if everyone did that then he would be no "inspiring" Casey Neistat success story in the first place. "do what you can't" is so obviously flawed. It doesn't even make sense, but he gets away with breaking the laws of logic because he's a popular youtuber. How much time and effort has been wasted by people trying to be a superstar when it just isn't in them?! You can't have a tv show unless you win the lottery in several ways. It's just a rhetorical thing designed to boost Casey Neistat. But where's my 6.8 million subscribers, I must be just a hater. :roll:

The one thing I will agree with is that following the rules all the time and working hard every day also sucks and you aren't rewarded for it, "do what you like" would be a far better title.
Last edited by RaniaIsAwesome on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

wowwaz
Informer
Informer

Post by wowwaz »

tctp wrote:what about all he said about vlogging straining his relationship with candace? does he not care about that anymore?
maybe candice realized the drop in income from not vlogging?

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

cw29 wrote:So he's starting up the vlog again, but only for the purpose of starting another new company? I feel like a lot of his fanbase won't take well to that. I watch his vlogs for everything that's not business-related.
:?

i watched his latest vlog and was like 'really?' at the end. such a cynical and calculated move. i don't think i'll be staying subscribed to his channel, as i'm not interested in his business ventures and fake motivational BS. i also wondered at one point if the video was sponsored by samsung - you never know with casey. it was nice to see that candice hasn't changed though :rofl:

wowwaz
Informer
Informer

Post by wowwaz »

In the newest video titled THE VLOG IS BACK I was astounded (actually not really I guess) at the way Candice said rcuse me to the people kind of blocker her way in front of the hotel. Rude is never a good look, but it always shocks me that she behaves that way even when she knows literally millions of people are going to see it.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

wowwaz wrote:In the newest video titled THE VLOG IS BACK I was astounded (actually not really I guess) at the way Candice said rcuse me to the people kind of blocker her way in front of the hotel. Rude is never a good look, but it always shocks me that she behaves that way even when she knows literally millions of people are going to see it.
haha that was my favorite moment of the vlog. i loved how afterwards when casey laughed at her, she smiled back at him and explained that the people just weren't moving. i know most people feel differently about this than i do, but i like candace so much more than i like casey. she's so authentic and unapologetically herself, whereas i feel like he's so pretentious and self-aggrandizing. imo those people were being just as rude as her, but i totally understand why you didn't like that, and i think most of his viewers feel the same way about her as you do.

likefrylikefry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by likefrylikefry »

i wanna like Candice really bad...but i'm gonna say idk if there's a way. that being said, i have def said shit like that before when people are just standing but i wouldve been like hey man take that it made me look like a b

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ItsAndrew »

Do any of you think that Casey and Candice will ever break up? Will there come a time where Candice just gets tired of Casey's shit and leaves, or is she too delusional to ever do that?

I wonder how that would turn out if something ever did happen to their marriage.

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

likefrylikefry wrote:i wanna like Candice really bad...but i'm gonna say idk if there's a way. that being said, i have def said shit like that before when people are just standing but i wouldve been like hey man take that it made me look like a b
Yeah I can't bring myself to like her either. Another small thing that I noticed is that in multiple vlogs of his he said that Candace keeps telling him he's getting fat and to run more when he's running 8+ miles every morning and is in pretty good shape. He always looks more put together than she does. She looks like a miserable slob so I don't know why she keeps giving him so much shit.

Post by Guest »

^ Yeah, she may look a little slobby at times (which is probably the only thing I like about her lol) but it was clear to me when I used to watch the vlogs that she loved showing off how slim and toned she was, given the opportunity!
I agree it's unfair to criticise Casey's weight (if there's even an issue) when he's so physically active, practically every day.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lolokwow »

I always had mixed feelings on Candice. While I like that she's unapologetically herself, she's still a really rude entitled rich brat which isn't very admirable.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

why is his vlog today from monday? while he's rehearsing for the panel/event thing, he says "i'll see you in 48 hours" but the event is on wednesday. then at the end of the vlog, he says it's been a "manic monday" and plays the song. doesn't he usually film vlogs the day before they go up? how did he get a day behind? is it on purpose?

maybe it's easier to edit this way, but i think the vlogs lose a little bit of their immediacy and their magic this way.

cw29
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cw29 »

tctp wrote:why is his vlog today from monday? while he's rehearsing for the panel/event thing, he says "i'll see you in 48 hours" but the event is on wednesday. then at the end of the vlog, he says it's been a "manic monday" and plays the song. doesn't he usually film vlogs the day before they go up? how did he get a day behind? is it on purpose?

maybe it's easier to edit this way, but i think the vlogs lose a little bit of their immediacy and their magic this way.
He's behind a day. He started this vlog streak being behind one day.

gurugossipwhorex
Learner
Learner

Post by gurugossipwhorex »

I wonder if Casey has a big d. I imagine him having a thick fish shaped d.

Return to “Casey Neistat”