Mac Cosmetics

Shireluck
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mac Cosmetics

Post by Shireluck »

Hello :) I need a hand in picking some stuff because MAC finally opened in my country ^^ I would love a recommendation for long lasting highly pigmented eyeshadow in brownish purple colour and I need a nice soft eyeshadow blending brush,a brush for eyeshadow application under the eye(the small precise one) and a blush brush. If you have any suggestions let me know :) Thanks ^^

Coco-chanel
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Coco-chanel »

i absolutley LOVE M.A.C cosmetics. I love the lipliners & lipsticks and i love the eyeshadows . I like most of the collections, thats if i can get my hands on them, but i love watching them being hauled on youtube!
:love2:

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Glitterngold09 wrote:Mac makes me break out like no one's business :x
same girl. same. :(

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Lol I went to my local MAC counter today looking for a neutral eyeshadow and they were so rude to me :roll: They're always sold out of everything and I was debating between two eyeshadows and lipsticks. When I finally made my decision, they told me they didn't have the eyeshadow or the lipstick in stock and would have to call the store that was upstairs. Okay, fine. They informed me that they had both upstairs and if I wanted to purchase them now and bring the upstairs store my receipt and pick them up. I decided I didn't want the eyeshadow anymore and the girl who was helping me literally rolled her fucking eyes in front of me and looked at her coworker who was standing next next to her and let out a groan. Oh, I'm so sorry I no longer want an item, I forgot I wasn't allowed to change my mind. I actually ended up telling her as I was checking out that I would never be back and I was going to call the manager, but I doubt that would do any good. They're probably just as stuck up as the people they hire.

Post by Guest »

For mac I stick to lip and eye products. I've heard way too many things about the face products (mainly foundation) breaking people out, and I'm way too over protective of my skin to even risk that.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

I was so starstruck by Mac products cause of almost ALL these fucking youtubers promoting it. Little do we know it's probably sent to them for free but to keep up the sales they don't mention it's free cause some youtubers always get all or a few products from the new collections right away. It's funny how they say 'oh this isn't my color BUT HEY THE PACKAGING IS COOL' So fuck the product right. Lets all worship the plastic packaging with stupid ass graphics on it.

indigo_child
Debater
Debater

Post by indigo_child »

yo anyone know if MAC is really discontinuing the pro shadow uninterrupted??

DontDanceWithDanger
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by DontDanceWithDanger »

I love love love mac, and havent had any problems with them in the stores, Idk if they are nicer in scandinavia or what cause I've heard bad stuff of the us counters but never had any problems myself(Im from Denmark). They always compliments me and tell me how nice I look <3

I love their foundations, concealers, eyeshadows, lipliners and SPECIALLY their lipsticks :) (Thats what I've tried so far)
I use studio fix for foundation and it covers up my skin perfectly fine (I use studio fix fluid or studio fix powder foundation), their pro long wear concealer is jus amazing and cant really be compared to any other concealer, their lipsticks are just perfect and last all day(I buy the matte ones) even though I drink and eat with them on I've never had to retouch them, their eyeshadows is just amazing too.
Their lipliners I sometiems use as a matte lipstick too and overdraw my lips a bit and it last all day too. (I just use a gosh lip primer underneath)

I havent tried their paint pots yet but I cant wait to try them too, I've heard lots of good stuff about them cause they can be used as a eyeprimer to keep the eyeshadow in place or just as a eyeshadow it self.
I'm also looking foward to try their primers, I'll admit I havent heard much about them but I just love mac products so it has to be tried :D

WWJBODYSLAMMIN77
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by WWJBODYSLAMMIN77 »

I have loads of Mac stuff... Now I'm trying to get it down to my most worn stuff.

I find Mac employees to be snobby sometimes. As if you aren't good enough to wear Mac or makeup... Yet most of them have makeup caked on that it can pass for drag makeup. Nothing wrong with drag, but when I feel like your judging me, and wearing that much makeup... Just no.

290ppm
Lurker
Lurker

Post by 290ppm »

I just recently purchased the studio sculpt at Mac because the mall I work at does not have a Sephora and I was fairly impressed with it. I have really oily skin and it didn't budge after a full day of running around without a primer or setting spray. Not so much with the service though. The woman who colour matched me pretty much read off the script without much enthusiasm. She was annoyed she had to do my face more or less. I'm not asking for the red carpet but you're supposed to make a bit of a relationship with the customer.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

why are all the mac employee's so SASSY & rude? do they specially hire people who've failed their anger management course?

honeydripper
Learner
Learner

Post by honeydripper »

I've only been to a MAC counter like 3/4 times and the staff were quite pleasant. Counters are daunting for me anyway but I already know what I'm going to buy when I go to Mac because it's expensive and I don't like to dilly-dally about.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

I've never had issues with MAC employees in any country I've shopped in. They've always been super helpful to me. Maybe that's to make up for the fact that MAC stores in these countries are even more ridiculously overpriced than normal.

MissLiita
Debater
Debater

Post by MissLiita »

I just started buying MAC two years ago (and the first MAC store opened in my country like in 2012, so relatively new here) I buy their face stuff because is the only place where I can get colormatched correctly for base makeup. I love their lipsticks and I will pay money on MAC lipsticks without thinking twice. Now, I do agree that the sales associates think they don't make money from me, the customer, and look down on you sometimes, specially if you go dressed in a certain way (I can tell the difference in how I'm treated when I go after work with no makeup and weird clothes lol) and wow, I though this was the only country where I can do my makeup better than any of those girls, yikes! cakefest on those poor faces :roll:

as for the products I have:

Studio fix powder (not sure I will buy again)
Studio finish concealer (nope! next time I'll get the prolongwear)
Eyeshadows: espresso and rice paper :love2:
Fix+ (yes, will buy the large size, although I want to try the mineralize chaged water I've heard it's better for oily skin, is it?)
Matte lotion or whatever is called (an impulse buy, will buy again)
217 and 219 brushes (faves! :love2: )
Prolongwear gel in bold brunette (meh, not again)
Lipsticks: Syrup, up the amp,ruby woo :love2: , flat out fabulous :love2: and all fired up :love2: and I have more on my list I wanna buy.

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

Mac is good but definitely get samples of stuff before you buy. Here's some stuff I recommend (I've got super pale skin, normal/slightly oily t zone)

Worst Products:
Face and Body Foundation - Literally the worst £30 I've ever spent in my entire life.
Sculpt foundation - It's like putting butter on your face it's so thick. If you're going clubbing use Double Wear by Estee, don't use this. My god.
Mascaras - Don't even bother.

Best Products:

Lipsticks - The matte ones aren't too drying and I LOVE the colour range in general. They're mid-priced for a god quality lipstick and I know I won't get problems with them. They also smell good.
Select Sheer Powder - Great for a matte finish and lasts ages.
Mineralize foundation - I never thought this would be the foundation for me but it's actually really good.

Average Products:

Lip Liners - My drug store (Rimmel) ones work just as well.
Studio Fix Foundation - Bought it as my first 'high-end' foundation when I was like 17. Wouldn't use it again.
Eyeshadows - Urban Decay naked palettes are better for me as I like to have lots of colours for less £££
Blot Powder - Average.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I go to MAC for three things, really: Eyeshadow, lip products (Mainly lipstick and lip liner) and their mineralized skin finishes.

Mac's eyeshadows are to die for. $16 (They used to be cheaper) for a high quality, long lasting eyeshadow isn't bad at all. I just got their 15 warm neutral palette for my birthday and it's so beautiful I can't stop looking at it! 15 very gorgeous, wearable and pigmented eyeshadows for $85 is a steal imo.

Their lipsticks are my holy grail, especially their matte ones. Their lip liners too! I have a hard time finding ones that aren't Mac to match my lipstick.

Their highlights, or mineralized skin finishes, are soooo beautiful and long lasting. I have one in Soft & Gentle and it's literally one product I could never go without.

bluehawaii19
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bluehawaii19 »

Since I don't have a MAC near me, I usually purchase products either on their website, at Macy's or The Bay, or at a CCO.

MAC is a hit or miss with me. My favourite blush is by MAC (Gleeful) and I like some of their lipsticks, and use their MSF Natural as a face powder.

Other lipsticks though I feel like are just subpar and their eyeshadows (except for pigments) aren't anything amazing.

justafleshwound
Talker
Talker

Post by justafleshwound »

kylizzle wrote:
Worst Products:
Sculpt foundation - It's like putting butter on your face it's so thick. If you're going clubbing use Double Wear by Estee, don't use this. My god.
I've got dry skin and sculpt was recommended to me for its gel formula. Bleugh. Hate it. Still seemed to cling to my dry patches and looked heavy. I put it on and it instantly aged my skin. I'm fortunate that my skin doesn't have lots of texture but this emphasised any texture I do have. They gave me a sample in NW15 and NC15 (the NW is too dark on me and the NC is slightly lighter but neither colour worked)
I also coughed up for EL DW. Loreal true match is my cheap everyday foundation.

Their lipsticks are amazing and I'm happy to pay the price for them. They stay put and feel great on lips.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

MAC has increased their prices in my country. :x For example a lipstick was $13 now it's $21. :roll: The foundations are hella expensive too. Spent $45 on the Prolongwear foundation & it's one of the worst. I got cystic acne due to it which took a long time to heal. :|

kylizzle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kylizzle »

YouslessTube wrote:MAC has increased their prices in my country. :x For example a lipstick was $13 now it's $21. :roll: The foundations are hella expensive too. Spent $45 on the Prolongwear foundation & it's one of the worst. I got cystic acne due to it which took a long time to heal. :|
Mac accept used returns.

Return to “MAC”