Nars sheer glow foundation on combination oily skin

flylikeacg
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nars sheer glow foundation on combination oily skin

Post by flylikeacg »

I've combination oily skin but I live in a humid country singapore, and I really wanna try nars sheer glow. But I'm afraid it would make me super oily in my T zone. I'm a little oily but I can get quite dry on my cheek area. The first place foundation tends to fade away is my nose and that's where I get the most oily. Would you guys recommend buying nars sheer glow? I wear the color Stromboli , got color matched the other time at the nars counter. But when is watched the foundation on my hand, it was quite dewy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Nars sheer glow foundation on combination oily skin

Post by BellaJane »

I think the Nars Sheer Glow is actually better on normal or oily skin than it is on dry skin. I have very oily skin and I used it for a few years, before it got too expensive to continue buying. When I was using it I adored it, but I always needed a very good oil control primer underneath of it to keep it from fading (so if you do purchase it, I recommend investing in a good primer). But I still don't think it's a dewy finish, I think it's quite a natural finish. I really did like it. But the reason I think it is terrible for dry skin is because it accentuated every single little patch that I ever had. My dry spots were very few and far between, but if I had even the tiniest rough or dry patch this foundation made it glaringly obvious. The foundation in those spots looked very dry and ashy and stuck out like a sore thumb.

I don't know if Sheer Glow is a foundation I'd necessarily recommend to anybody, because I think that the people who hate it unfortunately outnumber the people who love it...and I don't think there's any room for middle ground. But I did personally love it and if it wasn't $45 I would buy it again. It worked well on my oily skin.

flylikeacg
Debater
Debater

Post by flylikeacg »

^^ hmmm I'll probably get a sample first to try it out but I'm not sure if my local nars counter gives out samples. Thanks for your thoughts!!

Post by Guest »

I love the NARS Sheer Glow foundation and I have combo/oily skin. It's gives full coverage. It definitely helps to have someone match you for the right shade.

flylikeacg
Debater
Debater

Post by flylikeacg »

^ yeah my only concern is how long it's gonna last on my skin in humidity. :)

HappyToSnap
Lurker
Lurker

Post by HappyToSnap »

I have oily skin and like other posters said as long as you use a good mattifying oil controlling primer ( if ur combo I would say to use it only in the areas you get oily, tzone etc) then you should be fine. On a personal note I absolutely love love LOVE it and so glad I made the purchase.

Return to “NARS”