LaurDIY

xoxo-gossipgirl
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

LaurDIY

Post by xoxo-gossipgirl »

I've looked up topics for this girl and nothing has popped up.. I really liked her at first, but for some reason her most recent video (Forever 21, NYX.... Haul) really annoyed me.

1. She says Ramones, Ray-mones and bought their t-shirt. I'm not a believer of "you have to love love love the band to wear the shirt," but homegirl looked DUMB.
2. Her vocabulary are just the words "really" "so" "super" with "cute." A lot of gurus do this but she repeats the same sentence for every item she buys. And she mostly does hauls anyway. (ex. this is super super super so so so realy cute")
3. She admitted to being sent the Tarte items in a comment, but when she introduced the company she was like "And you guys know I don't BUY anything if it's not worth it." In the comment she said that it would change our perspective if she knew it was being sent... but then don't imply you bought something when you didn't.

Your thoughts?

notahater
Talker
Talker

Re: LaurDIY

Post by notahater »

I can't stand the way she speaks and how excited she gets about everything...like your stereotypical annoying California girl

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

Who the hells picks a program/degree/major they don't like and sticks with it for four years? I don't how it works in Canada but, here in the US you can change your major.

soundsofsilver
Learner
Learner

Post by soundsofsilver »

her boyfriend is so gross, has he gone through puberty yet?

sammy24
Talker
Talker

Post by sammy24 »

Hey DIYs are very creative but my god she's so fucking annoying. Her voice and personality in general make me want to rip my hair out.

sammy24
Talker
Talker

Post by sammy24 »

Her DIYs are very creative but my god she's so fucking annoying. Her voice and personality make me want to rip my hair out.

BimBimYi
Learner
Learner

Post by BimBimYi »

Found her the other day through one of lilisimply collabs and I like her diys tho a lot of the ones she makes are taken from pintrest..

xoxo-gossipgirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by xoxo-gossipgirl »

She does have good DIYs but I can't stand her. She's so annoying. I tried watching another one of her videos today (Cali Condo Tour). I just think its weird that she even filmed the video if that's not her apartment unless she's being sponsored? It just seemed like she was showing off. And again, I was annoyed by the same things in the first post. I came here to complain about it but it looks like I even started the thread to say it. I know it's bad when I have to log onto say something because I rarely do.

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

I really like her :)

alexisWHEE
Debater
Debater

Post by alexisWHEE »

She was more bearable in the past, but now she's become a typical, over the top giggly girl. Very similar to how Ingrid (missglamorazzi) changed over the years. Sad thing to see. Laur used to be interesting and chill, but now her personality is similar to Meredith/Ingrid.

areumdw
Talker
Talker

Post by areumdw »

I used to love her videos but it seems like she has changed.
She's acting like a typical girly-girl beauty guru and I can't stand the "bloopers"/"random scenes" she adds in the beginning of her videos.

ollehx0
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ollehx0 »

I agree, I used to really enjoy her DIYs when I first stumbled upon her channel. Now, I can't stand her voice/recent vids. She gets overly excited and squeaks when she talks..totally cringe worthy. :|

I just watched her tattoo video today and her disclaimer/ramble in the beginning just screamed bitchy passive agressiveness. Not a fan of her anymore.

whateverforever

Post by whateverforever »

I just found her and decided to watch because I like supporting Canadian youtubers, but damn she is so bitchy! I watched her tatto video and her boyfriend who is more likely too or whatever tag and she is such a fucking bitch at first I wondered why her boyfriend was so ugly but then it came full circle..... It's a good thing she has DIY in her channel name because tbh I really couldn't see people watching her if her awful personality was showing through in all of her videos...

tephyshodge
Learner
Learner

Post by tephyshodge »

I used to like her DIYs but damn I can't stand how she talks. She sounds like a typical 14 year old with the omg so so super cute and the wrong use of the word literally. She doesn't sound educated for a university student (then again.. Ryerson.. lol).
Not only is Baz unfortunate looking, he acts like a teenager with hormonal rage. I watched her how well do you know each other video.. and the way he was acting with all the PDAs.. gross. Just gross.

areumdw
Talker
Talker

Post by areumdw »

She's seriously acting like a teenage guru...
Can she stop being a wannabe Cali girl? It's getting annoying...

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

^seriously the whole "omgz gurl pls" talk sounds like she's trying to appeal to Bethany's fan base of preteen girls. and in her DIY backpack video when she was like "who be trying to text me" reminds me of weylie. ummm she's from canada it's so annoying when people try to use slang when they aren't used to it. just sounds so awkward and fake.

G1rrrl

Post by G1rrrl »

Agreed. A lot of what she says comes out forced and not at all natural

areumdw
Talker
Talker

Post by areumdw »

Extremely unnatural... Lol
Like I get that she wants to become a popular guru and succeed but she needs to be herself. The image of herself that she shows in her videos seem so fake...
I also feel like in the next 2-3 years, she's going to announce that she's moving to California/LA. LOLOL

whateverforever

Post by whateverforever »

timesnewroman wrote:^seriously the whole "omgz gurl pls" talk sounds like she's trying to appeal to Bethany's fan base of preteen girls. and in her DIY backpack video when she was like "who be trying to text me" reminds me of weylie. ummm she's from canada it's so annoying when people try to use slang when they aren't used to it. just sounds so awkward and fake.
I agree with most of what your saying but wtf does "she's from canada it's so annoying when people try to use slang when they aren't used to it" like are you stupid, are you unaware Canada is literally the most diverse, multicultural country on earth, it may sound unnatural coming from her but what are you even saying that Canadians don't use slang? Shut up girl bye

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

whateverforever wrote:
timesnewroman wrote:^seriously the whole "omgz gurl pls" talk sounds like she's trying to appeal to Bethany's fan base of preteen girls. and in her DIY backpack video when she was like "who be trying to text me" reminds me of weylie. ummm she's from canada it's so annoying when people try to use slang when they aren't used to it. just sounds so awkward and fake.
I agree with most of what your saying but wtf does "she's from canada it's so annoying when people try to use slang when they aren't used to it" like are you stupid, are you unaware Canada is literally the most diverse, multicultural country on earth, it may sound unnatural coming from her but what are you even saying that Canadians don't use slang? Shut up girl bye
ImageImageImageImage

lmao "shut up girl bye" chill. maybe next time try to get your point across without calling people stupid. I'm sorry I insulted Canada maybe unnecessarily, but obviously my main point was that while she's trying to emulate that valley girl image it sounds awkward when she switches to speak 'ghetto' or aave. Also Canada isn't THE MOST *~*diverse and multicultural country*~* maybe one of but not number one. I'm just here to drag Lauren not Canada alright. ImageImage

Return to “L-O”