Tess Christine

Rosemover1_
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tess Christine

Post by Rosemover1_ »

Exactly! I still go to her 2019 posts for some inspiration. Like I understand that she now has a baby and that’s a lot of work but she could still post a little bit more. It doesn’t have to be super elaborate posts like just a quick post. I like some of her clothes in her line, but they all just look the same to me. I still watch some of her old videos to but lately her new ones are just boring.

hummingbird90
Stalker
Stalker

Post by hummingbird90 »

Totally understand she had a baby, I do as well. But she needs to start being honest with herself and people who watch/follow. It’s so clear YouTube and social media is just not something she is interested in pursuing anymore and to be honest, it’s a bit bold of her to do a 180 and expect the same energy from people. I don’t give less at my job, it’s called a work-life balance… this is literally her job - she made her money literally off other people, built her brand FROM YouTube. Maybe it’s time to look in the mirror and say I’m done and go get a regular 9-5pm like most people to support your family .. not post when you feel and expect people to be interested in you when you don’t give really any effort. It’s so sad because I really loved her but it’s so obvious she really doesn’t care or is thankful toward any of the people who built her up on social. Tess my dear - if you do read this, start applying for jobs in luxury brands, PR, or marketing because with the route you’re going - nobody is going to keep interest when you can’t show interest on your own accounts. And honestly - how can you ask them to? It’s time to be a “regular”, stop tagging those brands and just post your life. This way nobody expects a single thing from you and you can go about your merry way! I also will add - I work in PR/Marketing relations in specific with influencer relations and honey, this is shocking your mgmt is satisfied with your work. Maybe you’re lucky.

KittyStar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KittyStar »

Tess is like “I sit down to edit a video and I feel guilty about not being with my baby” to justify her lack of work and I’m trying to sympathize but she’s coming off very, very privileged. Most moms don’t have the choice to just stop working because they feel guilty about not giving 100% of their attention to their kids. Tess is already extremely lucky to be working full time from home, doing a very easy job that makes her a ton of money, with flexible hours that she doesn’t even need to do every day and to have a husband in the same situation as her. She could be definitely doing work while Patrick looks after Theo and I’m sorry but if you follow Carrie, Kara and Julia you see Tess and Patrick constantly out and about having brunches and going out. Sorry Tess, but if you can’t handle that people are unfollowing you, just go get a 9-5 job and you’ll see how much harder it is.

KittyStar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KittyStar »

I really don’t get what was Tess expecting. She chose to have a baby and said many times she wouldn’t be running a mommy channel and would go back to fashion/travel/NYC content after giving birth. But she didn’t. Her son is over 5 months old and her content has been hyper focused on baby content for this last year. She’s free to change her mind and have a mommy channel but she can’t expect her viewers to keep the same level of interest with this sudden change of content and when she barely posts. Every time I see an upload from Tess now I know it’s going to be full of excuses. Lady, if you have time to film you half-assed excuses, go to brunch every other day and do picnics in the park, you surely have the time to do some content your viewers actually want to see.

AsiaB
Talker
Talker

Post by AsiaB »

I used to like her videos, but now all of her content revolves around her child. Every single IG picture includes her baby. During her pregnancy Vlogs, she said she wasn't going to turn YouTube or IG into full baby content, but her content has certainly become baby-centric. I'm the same age as her, but I can no longer relate to her anymore. Her upload pattern has been irregular as well. She either doesn't upload or uploads to Vlogs in one go. It doesn't make much sense. I understand she has an infant at home and it absorbs all her time, but it seems to money she only uploads when she needs the money. I still wonder how she can afford to live in NY (well, Brooklyn) when she barely does any IG sponsorships and YouTube content doesn't generate as many views as it used to.

KittyStar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KittyStar »

AsiaB wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:29 am
I used to like her videos, but now all of her content revolves around her child. Every single IG picture includes her baby. During her pregnancy Vlogs, she said she wasn't going to turn YouTube or IG into full baby content, but her content has certainly become baby-centric. I'm the same age as her, but I can no longer relate to her anymore. Her upload pattern has been irregular as well. She either doesn't upload or uploads to Vlogs in one go. It doesn't make much sense. I understand she has an infant at home and it absorbs all her time, but it seems to money she only uploads when she needs the money. I still wonder how she can afford to live in NY (well, Brooklyn) when she barely does any IG sponsorships and YouTube content doesn't generate as many views as it used to.
Fully agreed and we’re definitely not the only ones thinking this because Tess has been losing subscribers and followers ever since Theo was born and is probably because she mislead her audience by saying she’d go back to fashion/NYC content after giving birth and all we got was 6 whole months of very baby centric content. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Tess and Patrick decided to move out of NYC if the influencing money starts running out sooner than expected. I think her influencer career, Pat’s photography and their friends (very popular among Tess’ viewers) are a huge part of what’s keeping them in the city but they always planned to leave anyway. I know her baby is still young and she’s visibly frustrated her audience is not watching like they used to (a ton of her content has been rant-y) but the kid has two stay at home parents. She could very well find more time to film, edit and have Patrick take her picture.

The thing is Tess got used to being lazy thought the years after her “look for less” success. But her audience ate up the lazy vlogging when she had friend centric, having fun in your 20’s channel but it’s not eating up the 30 year old mom with her baby lazy vlogging now. Now she’s all huffy and puffy because she knows she’ll have to work on her content again if she wants to keep up with her influencing career.

Anditgoesonn
Learner
Learner

Post by Anditgoesonn »

I understand that backyard roses is her company, but its so annoying that she only posts youtube videos when she has a new drop for her clothing line... like ?

KittyStar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KittyStar »

Her vlogs now are just very disjointed clips of Tess walking around or lounging at home with her son and a Backyard Roses plug or some random sponsorship in the middle. 8 months after giving birth and still no sign of the fashion/NYC guide content she promised so many times. No wonder she’s losing so many subscribers and Instagram followers.

influencernet
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by influencernet »

Does she even really care about what people are writing here? My guess is probably not .. however may be insightful to read some posts to see why you’re losing so many followers? I used to love Tess and I say “used to” with such sadness .. she was my favorite influencer and I even internally fight myself to cut her some slack. But it’s getting so difficult to continuing following her and supporting her videos. Absolutely understand having a baby and wanting to spend so much time with them - believe me, i was baby crazy when I had my maternity leave. And that’s the thing, maternity leave for most of us..it ends and we have to reloop back into the day-to-day with an “added extra layer” as Tess has said. But it doesn’t seem like she really cares at all about the people who quite literally built her up on socials, supported her and interacted with her online to assist in her success. And she honestly acts SO privileged, and when she acknowledges on her channel that she’s so lucky people still are interested in watching it is just disingenuous. She’s pissed that people are losing interest. I’m sure she’s pissed the mgmt company she uses for IG is up her ass too bc I would be. I work in management for artist relations and I’m telling you we lose interest in you when you demonstrate lazy behavior and not wanting it the way you did before. She and Pat will be moving out of NYC to upstate or somewhere in NJ because they’re beginning to realize this lifestyle isn’t practical. And while you don’t demonstrate interest in your base of supporters - why would you think they’ll support your line. I think it’s time to build a resume and put in for a PR Coordinator role or Social Media Influencer Assistant. Time for a taste of reality, it may entice you to clean up your act on socials. It’s a BUSINESS Tess - you are so fortunate but if you don’t treat your socials like one (a business) or you’re gonna lose it. And i don’t mean solely using your platform to plug your brand. You’re not staying true to your roots and you’re not showing interest in your support system. Saying it as a friend.

KittyStar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KittyStar »

influencernet wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:29 am
And she honestly acts SO privileged, and when she acknowledges on her channel that she’s so lucky people still are interested in watching it is just disingenuous. She’s pissed that people are losing interest.
This is so true. You can tell she’s absolutely pissed people are losing interest, she can barely hide the contempt she has for her audience. And it’s not the baby, Tess. It’s the fact that you are out and about going for coffee, having brunches and picnics with your stay at home husband while using your son as an excuse for doing the bare minimum. She barely posts anything and when she does is very low effort content.

Rosemover1_
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Rosemover1_ »

KittyStar wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:03 am
Her vlogs now are just very disjointed clips of Tess walking around or lounging at home with her son and a Backyard Roses plug or some random sponsorship in the middle. 8 months after giving birth and still no sign of the fashion/NYC guide content she promised so many times. No wonder she’s losing so many subscribers and Instagram followers.
Exactly!! She posts these 30 second reels with most of them consisting of shots of her coffee or food and then Theo and then …. It’s over! Like girl, post some fashion content, I want the spring, fall, winter hauls. Some fashion inspired content. Her YouTube videos were my favorite, but lately she is so boring and uninspired in her videos and she doesn’t really say anything interesting. Idk I’m just kinda bored of her especially lately. And her inconsistent uploading on both Instagram and YouTube, ugh! She goes and posts a photo and then we don’t hear from her for like 1-2weeks. She promises to upload videos and then goes over and passed the date. Just kind over her now, which is sad because I loved her and her content before! I notice now that when ever she posts she loses around a 1,000 followers. Maybe that’s why she doesn’t post as often because she’s afraid she will lose more followers

KittyStar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KittyStar »

Tess is releasing a new fashion video (outfits of the week). I’ll wait for the video to pass judgement but her fashion has not been it lately. I feel like she doesn’t put as much effort as she did a few years ago. I think her style is kinda underwhelming ever since she released her clothing brand, ironically. It’s like she had that goal to cross on a checklist and once she did, she stopped caring about her job and what gave her an audience to begin with. Her brand is also very bland. Honestly, I feel like she’s only returning to fashion because the lazy vlogging and baby content is losing a ton of viewers, not because she loves it.

KittyStar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by KittyStar »

And the vlog is late as usual! I don’t know why she bothers announcing videos if she misses the uploads. It just makes her look unprofessional. One more reason her entitlement pisses me off. Tess posts very little content and when she does it’s late and you can tell there wasn’t a lot of effort or thought behind it. How can you feel entitled to views and engagement when you could care less about your content?

girlactik88
Debater
Debater

Post by girlactik88 »

I also used to be a big fan of Tess before she kind of left us high and dry. I'm so curious how much money Backyard Roses and random sponsorships bring in...bc how can she afford her lifestyle when she's seemingly not doing anything all day?? I wish that were my life lol

makeupyourmind
Stalker
Stalker

Post by makeupyourmind »

where is her outfit video????? it has been a month since she said there will be a new outfit video...

Babe_Vogue
Talker
Talker

Post by Babe_Vogue »

She's pulling an Emma Chamberlain and disappearing from YouTube without a word

AsiaB
Talker
Talker

Post by AsiaB »

There must be something going on with her because she hasn't posted on IG in almost a month (including stories).

Maybe she's struggling with post-partum or something must have happened. Patrick has been posting however. I hope she's OK though.

Rosemover1_
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Rosemover1_ »

She’s been gone for a whole month! Her last post was March 19! I don’t know where her outfit vid is. She hasn’t posted anything on her feed or stories and I’m so confused! Has she just decided to stop doing Instagram and YouTube? Which if that’s the case then it’s her decision and I’m fine with that even though I’ll miss her posts and videos. But like it’s your job girl, to post!! I don’t know if something happened in her family or she’s struggling being a somewhat new mom or what. Because she always did a post or a story when her new launch for backyard roses comes out at this time she didn’t which was the only time she never posted about it!
I hope she’s doing ok though but im just confused on what’s going on. I think she could’ve just posted “ I’m taking some time off of social media” on her stories if that was the case and I feel like all of her followers, me included, would appreciate that! Ok, rant over!

AsiaB
Talker
Talker

Post by AsiaB »

I honestly don't think she owes anything to anybody. It's her job to post, but she has no obligation to. She's not bound to her followers by a contract. By not posting, she's just hindering her income stream, but that's about it. If she's taking a break from her job / social media, she's got the right to do so without telling people she's taking a break.

hereforthe_tea25
Learner
Learner

Post by hereforthe_tea25 »

Julia finally has a boyfriend... Did any of you guys catch that?

Return to “P-U”