Ooops, thanks!

DannyDevito
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITNEVERMOVINGTOSEATTLE GENERAL THREAD 7

Post by DannyDevito »

Rachel I would be very hard pressed to call what you do "working from home"...

thinkthendo
Learner
Learner

Post by thinkthendo »

DannyDevito wrote:Image

Rachel I would be very hard pressed to call what you do "working from home"...
Jesus Christ, Rachel.

DingoPet
Informer
Informer

Post by DingoPet »

She's fucking with us, right? The delusional level is high in this one. How can you possibly think making two shitty videos a month where you ramble, do little to no editing, and sometimes not wear an entire outfit "working"? I used to run an etsy store that took up more of my day than...whatever it is she does. I also love that that list is practically trying to have us pat her on the back for doing general house cleaning of her own apartment. Studio apartment.

The funny thing is about her saying she needs money for new equipment is that you know her videos would be just as shit if she got them. Doing something creative often has less to do with equipment and more to do with ones own drive, creativity, and talent. You could have someone who is not artistic or hasn't learnt to better their skills making terrible things with copic markers, and someone who puts in time and effort, making beautiful things with crayolas. Rachel doesn't seem to have ideas, skill, or care to make anything better than what she's doing now.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

lmao, the girl sits around on the floor with no fucking pants on and answers questions like 'are you getting another cat' for a living. And she can't even do that on a regular basis, she has nothing to do and still doesn't upload that much. So delusional.

OkFineIllDoIt
Debater
Debater

Post by OkFineIllDoIt »

can someone please enlighten me...how much is a microphone?

meganxnightmare
Learner
Learner

Post by meganxnightmare »

OkFineIllDoIt wrote:can someone please enlighten me...how much is a microphone?
http://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Comput ... pd_cp_MI_1

This is the one I have for school...SO EXPENSIVE OMG :roll:

meganxnightmare
Learner
Learner

Post by meganxnightmare »

OkFineIllDoIt wrote:can someone please enlighten me...how much is a microphone?
http://www.amazon.com/Microphone-Comput ... pd_cp_MI_1

This is the one I have for school...SO EXPENSIVE OMG :roll:

newstitches
Talker
Talker

Post by newstitches »

Exactlyyy. And it's gonna be hilarious when she's still begging people to buy her that damn $300 mic four months from now when she could have just got the money herself
Newsflash:!: no one is gonna spend that kind of money on a college graduate who has the potential to make thousands of dollars a week :roll:

chairmanmeow
Informer
Informer

Post by chairmanmeow »

Rachel is so delusional. Plus how is she not bored shitless doing nothing in Seattle? A real job would be good for her just to get out and meet new people. Don't go on lying to everyone but mostly yourself that you work at home Rachel, cause that is total bullshit.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

I feel like Rachel's channel has gotten really uncreative. Back in 2010-2012, she used to make videos a lot more often (and that was when she was also juggling school and working at Starbucks, whereas now she has neither) and she didn't have to have requests or ideas, she would just go on and record videos about her day or rant videos (which I know she doesn't do anymore because it got too controversial for some people), and she was a lot more down-to-earth and funny. Now I feel like she has no ideas. Today's skincare video (which was filmed weeks ago, which I know because she posted about it on instagram a couple weeks ago, and somehow took her so long to upload) was sponsored by PMD, hence incentive to film. And I feel like her moving video series isn't that helpful....well, maybe for her subscribers who just happen to also be moving around this time, but that's got to be a small percentage. She's clearly out of original content and doesn't know what to film, even though she promised a while back that once she got to Seattle she'd be filming a lot.

Branflakes
Debater
Debater

Post by Branflakes »

Okay is it just me or are her eyes like really wonky in her new skin care video???? And she kept like squinting and looking off camera I couldn't focus on anything else she was saying.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

I think a skincare video where you have a bunch of makeup caked on your face is pointless. Her skin was not looking good in that foundation video before she put makeup on, so IDK who would want to take advice from her for skincare at this point.
Newsflash:!: no one is gonna spend that kind of money on a college graduate who has the potential to make thousands of dollars a week :roll:
lol, she doesn't have that kind of earning potential.

trainedwreck
Talker
Talker

Post by trainedwreck »

I feel like rachel was better when she had a busy life because she forced herself to set time to make a youtube video.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

I think she had it more together back then because she actually had a life. She had something to talk about, something to get ready for. "Working" from home has totally demotivated her and Chris is a major enabler IMO.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

^^Could not agree more with the two posts before this.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

Anyone else think Rachel looks so much older now? If I was just watching one of her new videos for the first time without any context, I'd probably think she was about 30.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

^I just came here to post that. Her skin doesn't look amazing, what's with these gurus ruining their beautiful skin with all these products? Essiebutton does this as well. You really don't need all that much, it's excessive. Rachel in particular had such lovely skin before, too.. And these videos all filmed on the same day in that annoying kimono-thing on the fucking ground.... This is hideously unprofessional, how dare she consider this "work"?

trainedwreck
Talker
Talker

Post by trainedwreck »

HattieChaos wrote:This is hideously unprofessional, how dare she consider this "work"?
How dare she consider this work when other youtubers put countless hours and effort into making a simple video.
She should be embarassed to call this work.

BettyCupcake
Informer
Informer

Post by BettyCupcake »

Jesus Christ she uses a TON of stuff on her face. Holy shit. Who the hell uses that many products?! I use cleanser, moisturizer, eye cream and lately a firming cream on my neck and areas prone to wrinkling. It is not normal to need 12 skin care products, sheesh.

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”