RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6

GretchenWieners
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6

Post by GretchenWieners »

Wow wtf I can't believe Trinity was in the bottom two over Darienne. They both have negative, defensive attitudes but at least Trinity is a nice girl at the end of the day and her looks are always on point. Darienne's looks are always simple and she's always bitter. Trinity was much better in the final video cut than Darienne was as well!!! :x
I really liked Milk and I honestly thought she'd surprise us with a really well done glamazon look this week, sad to see she couldn't pull it off. I'm slowly starting to like Adore more, her rap performance was amazing and she was super funny with Eve and Trina. I still feel like she's got everyone wrapped around her finger with this 'cutesy' personality though, and it isn't working at all on me. Her runway looks are terrible.
Joslyn was SO GOOD if she's not top four I will be pissed!!! I feel like she's the only one who keeps getting better whereas everyone else stays the same or gets worse.
Courtney is really disappointing me, I love her personality and she's the only queen I've followed before she landed on the show but her looks are so bland and she never stands out in challenges.... STOP RELYING ON THAT BODY.

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

Darienne should've been in the bottom two! Milk brought it this week. Maybe not as great as Adore or Joslyn, but he had fun with it and he even went glam like the judges wanted.

COURTNEY IS SO UNDERWHELMING

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Laganja, girl bye. At least Alyssa Edwards had personality. Laganja is just a straight up bitch.

Team BenDeLaCreme in the BD vs Darienne fued. Love them both though. Totally agree Darienne should've been bottom two for sure and not Trinity.

Del Rio, Milk and Adore killed the challenge! Gonna give credit where it's due.

So glad to see Milk finally come out of her comfort zone.

Del Rio got me crying with the Del Rio/Trinity talk. <3

For the first time ever, I didn't like RuPaul's outfit on the runway especially not the wig.

I know this is going to be stupid but I was offended by the skinned a snow leopard joke. They're an endangered species. Still love her though.

Why doesn't Darienne get in trouble for almost always coming out with the same outfit each time?

Finally, was that not the most embarrassing cat walk from any queen ever on the show from Adore?

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

Goodbye "She-Mail"
After this season, they will not be using the term for segment due to many people in the trans community being offended. Specifically Carmen Carrerra, she brought it up to the Network & they decided it was a good idea to keep using the term.

Many many people are upset about this change.
:horny: :halo:

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

You know, i understand why the transgender community would be unhappy at the use of She-Mail, but why is Carmen only bringing this up now? She seemed perfectly fine with it during her run on the show. And what about other drag lingo, such as 'ladyboy'?

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

To be fair, Carmen isn't obligated to be the same person she was when she was on the show. She's been changing infront of our eyes, & ever since she became an activist for Trans rights, her opinions on a lot of the content of the show has changed. (for the better in my opinion) & she's very open about that.

A lot of people think it's hypocritical of her, but progression is progression. :)

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

bloopz wrote:To be fair, Carmen isn't obligated to be the same person she was when she was on the show. She's been changing infront of our eyes, & ever since she became an activist for Trans rights, her opinions on a lot of the content of the show has changed. (for the better in my opinion) & she's very open about that.

A lot of people think it's hypocritical of her, but progression is progression. :)
Well, i don't think she's hypocritical necessarily, but it's not like RPDR just started using She-Mail this season. And perhaps the criticism has always been there, except that now the Trans* community is becoming more and more prominent, they are being noticed. Who knows, really? But again, there's so many drag lingo that could be offensive and i wonder why She-Mail is the only one targeted out of all the stuff that is said on the show.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

This is one of the few times that sensitivity can blow it. IF trans community had any problem with it previously they could have voiced it earlier. This is season 6 for christ sake. This sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Wont' let me edit so I'll add: Re-reading what I wrote it comes off as harsh. What I meant was it's been 6 seasons that she-mail has been being used, I find it dumb that it's only being brought up as a problem now. Seems like an attention seeking complaint to me imo.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

I also agree with the overall sentiment going around about the situation right now: This is Rupaul's DRAG race, not Ruapuls Transgender race. If a nature born woman can't be on the show then neither should a transgender. Want to be accepted as a woman then you should be classified as one which means no go for the show. Shouldn't be able to have your cake and eat it too *hides behind couch before flame torches come out*

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

Well women can be drag performers too. It's just that none has appeared on the show thus far.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

True but judging by the pit crew, I somehow doubt that women drag performers will ever happen lol. I just wish the show would go back to its original intent: good ol' fashioned drag. It seems to have started to become about everything else but drag.

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

tamithomas wrote:Wont' let me edit so I'll add: Re-reading what I wrote it comes off as harsh. What I meant was it's been 6 seasons that she-mail has been being used, I find it dumb that it's only being brought up as a problem now. Seems like an attention seeking complaint to me imo.
It has been brought up before. It's been an issue in the trans community for a while, it just took Carmen, a more popular & mainstream trans woman to bring it up for Logo & the rest of the world to finally listen.

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

Ya'll, THIS is the LSFYL that NO ONE should've been sent home for! Trinity and Adore were sensational.

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

I feel like Trinity's time was coming though. She's been slacking, but damn her lip syncs are on point.

Who's everyone's top 3?
Mine are Adore, Bianca & Courtney

hearts&flowers
Debater
Debater

Post by hearts&flowers »

I'm not actually sure when the show comes on, so *SPOILER ALERT*

I was shocked Jocelyn was not in the bottom two. Didn't think Trinity deserved to go this time, but I'm glad Adore stayed. My top 3: Adore, Bianca, & Ben.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

I have to admit, i've been waiting for Trinity to sashay for a long time now BUT she's been growing on me so much the past two weeks and this was definitely not the week for her to go home. Aside from the 'Chad' thing, i thought she did really well for the challenge and her runway look was amazing! Joslyn should've been in the bottom with Adore, IMO. Trinity was so gracious about being eliminated though. She's such a sweetheart. Wish she didn't keep making up excuses for herself because when she truly gives it all for her challenge, she is awesome!

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

So over the BDLC and Darienne fued.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Also, at the beginning of the season I couldn't stand Bianca Del Rio but I've grown to love her so much <3 She has such a mothering touch to her.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Holy shit, whoever that senior that yelled "So tell us a joke" in the audience I hope he got his ass booted. Grumpy asshole. (I missed a few episodes and catching up so bare with me lol) I felt so embarrassed for BDLC. :( And I felt even worse that none of the judges apologized for it. And so glad Michelle and Ru called Laganja out on her trying too hard. Everyone's over it and glad someone voiced it. Go Ru go!

Return to “RuPaul's Drag Race”