Holiday Lookbook: My Christmas Checklist

BeautyBoo53
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Holiday Lookbook: My Christmas Checklist

Post by BeautyBoo53 »

Her outfits aren't anything new. We've seen them in every lookbook or OOTW she makes :roll: But, I liked how she added the giving back portion. Being honest, I almost cried. Most beauty gurus on YouTube are really well off, but, you never really see them talk about giving back or doing voluntary work. I thought it was a nice change, rather than watching some upper class girl "model" in her $1k outfit. I know it wasn't a huge deal, but, it made my heart warm. :) Other thoughts?
I have an addiction to beauty and fashion.

travis17
Informer
Informer

Re: Holiday Lookbook: My Christmas Checklist

Post by travis17 »

Her outfits might work for Christmas in California, but not elsewhere.
The giving back part was a nice idea, but did she really give out a hundred dollars in cash to homeless people? what are they gonna do with it besides buy booze?

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

travis17 wrote:Her outfits might work for Christmas in California, but not elsewhere.
The giving back part was a nice idea, but did she really give out a hundred dollars in cash to homeless people? what are they gonna do with it besides buy booze?
wow you're annoying and ignorant to assume all homeless people just buy booze with money they get. go into the real world every once in awhile.

TheFosterKid
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheFosterKid »

The cute act is still annoying. And one of the skirts she was wearing were dangerously short, at least in my eyes. But overall, I liked the outfits.

hairbowsx
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hairbowsx »

As much as I do really like Beth, and the outfits in this video, the last part about giving back actually worried me a little. I understand that it is lovely to give back, but I feel a bit uncomfortable with all of it being filmed... especially the part when donating to charity, it felt a bit "Look at all the good I am doing" DONT GET ME WRONG, I think it is lovely to give back to the community, but I just felt that it shouldn't have been filmed.

Also, having just stayed in the Tenderloin district in San Francisco, I can honestly say that handing out money is not the wisest thing to do... From seeing first hand, 95% of the homeless people had alcohol / drug addictions, and whilst visiting numerous charity organizations that set out to help the homeless in the area and San Fran more generally, it is always said that you should NEVER EVER give money, as it is not wisely spent in most cases... instead hot cooked food should be distributed. I know that Beth most likely set out to do good, but it kinda shows how cut off she is from reality for most people. I acknowledge that the thought is there, but oh she seems so naive here :/

Pats1stdown
Learner
Learner

Post by Pats1stdown »

byebyebye1 wrote:
travis17 wrote:Her outfits might work for Christmas in California, but not elsewhere.
wow you're annoying and ignorant to assume all homeless people just buy booze with money they get. go into the real world every once in awhile.
I agree that the original poster should've stated that some (not all) do, but that's not ignorant to assume that a lot of homeless people spend their collected cash on alcohol and drugs. Plus, there might be some that are just pretending to be homeless just so they can rake in easy money. Bethany should've just stuck to handing out food, and if she wanted to do a bit more, then she could've bought coats,shoes, etc. To be honest, Bethany seems like the ignorant one. (The gesture was nice, but she could've been a little smarter)

travis17
Informer
Informer

Post by travis17 »

byebyebye1 wrote: wow you're annoying and ignorant to assume all homeless people just buy booze with money they get. go into the real world every once in awhile.
Excuse me ?

You know what I find annoying and ignorant - do-gooders who live in their rainbow bubble ready to jump at the tiniest chance to be offended by something even if it is true. In the real world people don't avoid the elephant in the room but agree that addiction is in most cases a cause and/or result of homelessness. These are non-sugar-coated statistics. She should rather donate to charity or leave it at food & clothes, because money enables.

redrouge
Talker
Talker

Post by redrouge »

i thought most of the dresses/skirts were too short but she's young so i guess she gets a pass.

as for the charity part, i didnt care for the recording part either. but on another side i guess if she just talked about it some probably wouldnt have believed her.

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”