emilynoel83 part 3

Gurucide
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: emilynoel83 part 3

Post by Gurucide »

KittyKax wrote:Whoa crap...I go to Disney World for a day and come home to a cat fight :?

(for the record, I'm a 21 year old girl, I LOVE makeup. Did I comment on her makeup? I actually loved Emily's look because it was a more natural look. But falsies to a sporting event? Seems like a waste of time considering nobody is going to notice, and I have an older brother and I can tell you they also don't give a damn what your makeup looks like)
Yeah...well...you're a little too late for that now, huh. This whole fucking bullshit of a situation could've been avoided if you would've just spoke up sooner. I didn't ask for anyone to interject as they did, but they felt the need to do so for whatever reason.

Kitty... I apologize if I offended you.

But I DO NOT apologize to the childish little girls who came running to your rescue. I will NOT tolerate any type of disrespect from you, anyone here, people in real life, or even my own children! If you want to act like a grade schooler and continue the blame game and pointing the finger at me without reading or comprehending what I am saying, then I don't know what to tell ya. If you want to remain ignorant to the fact that I was only reacting to what was said and had every right to say something in my defense, then go ahead and feel that way. I am not your mother, but I am pretty damn sure I am old enough to be her.

I type in long sentences to get my point across. If you don't want read it and choose to ignore it and me, I cannot help you and in turn you will also lose my respect. I have already reported this thread and I am awaiting an answer from a mod. To treat me, or any member here as you did with me....is UNACCEPTABLE. I don't care if you hate me, or don't like what I have to say, but I do have the right to speak openly and freely...as does anyone else.

andsheleft
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by andsheleft »

Don't fed the troll. ;)

andsheleft
Learner
Learner

Post by andsheleft »

Don't feed the troll. ;)

Gurucide
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurucide »

andsheleft wrote:Don't feed the troll. ;)

I am not you fucking guinea pig to torment and practice upon, or be made an example. Not everyone shares the same type of humor or reads things the same way. Or couldn't you read that about my character by now or do i need to be more frank about it?

Gurucide
Informer
Informer

Post by Gurucide »

I can guarantee you that NONE of you are Saints. You have ALL done your fair share of nasty trash talking like the next person, myself included. But, I do NOT make youtube videos. There is NO reason for you all to "troll" "flame" or insult me, or gang up on me just because you don't like me. This thread is not about me, it's about Emily.

Krystalenag
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Krystalenag »

Holy shit. Did she seriously just review lip balm for five minutes?

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

Fuchsiarama wrote:Hasn't she done videos about MAC? I think she did her MAC shadow collection. I know she did a one brand tutorial with MAC.
Yes, and she also did a MAC lipstick dupes video. Sorry, but I have got to laugh at the idea that she doesn't talk about MAC because it's too expensive. MAC is NOT expensive compared to other things she buys. Are you kidding me? She doesn't talk about it because she DOESN'T LIKE it. PERIOD........Is there some makeup God that says MAC must be worshipped? I think not. She likes what she likes. Emily has proven to have no spending limits when it comes to makeup. If she likes a brand, it doesn't matter a hill of beans what it costs.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

mustardmoon1 wrote:
Fuchsiarama wrote:Hasn't she done videos about MAC? I think she did her MAC shadow collection. I know she did a one brand tutorial with MAC.
Yes, and she also did a MAC lipstick dupes video. Sorry, but I have got to laugh at the idea that she doesn't talk about MAC because it's too expensive. MAC is NOT expensive compared to other things she buys. Are you kidding me? She doesn't talk about it because she DOESN'T LIKE it. PERIOD........Is there some makeup God that says MAC must be worshipped? I think not. She likes what she likes. Emily has proven to have no spending limits when it comes to makeup. If she likes a brand, it doesn't matter a hill of beans what it costs.
It's not that she's required to like MAC, it's that I think she disses MAC or rather is dissmissive of them to pander to her subscribers who she knows like that about her. How many times over the years has she got the comment "It's so refreshing to find a guru who isnt' all about MAC". I know she sees that type of thing and Emily is very good at manipulating her subbies. It's her motivation for why she says and does certain things that I question. She is at best lukewarm about MAC, so I question why she keeps buying the stuff if that's how she really feels.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

Please drop this argument completely, any more arguing or flaming will result in a temporary ban.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

I've never got the vibe that Emily disliked MAC. She has had at least one MAC product in her Emily awards = all time faves the past few years. She didn't even say anything bad in l/s and e/s dupes vids (except that the black e/s was worse than wnw). She loved that dark berry lip kit she got a few weeks ago. Actually, I think she tends to like MAC face and lip products over the eye products. If anything, she probably avoids talking about MAC so her minions don't get weird and complain. She was way more critical/bashing of the super high end stuff she bought with Kristen (although that was her own fault for not researching).

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

I don't think it's price is the reason why Em doesn't use a lot of MAC because it's not that expensive compared to the stuff she usually reviews; TheBalm, Benefit, Mally, etc. I would put MAC sort of in the middle between drugstore and high end(like the middle class of makeup). So for example a nice lipstick at the drugstore may cost around $10, a MAC lipstick costs $15, and Mally's cost around $20.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

KittyKax wrote:I don't think it's price is the reason why Em doesn't use a lot of MAC because it's not that expensive compared to the stuff she usually reviews; TheBalm, Benefit, Mally, etc. I would put MAC sort of in the middle between drugstore and high end(like the middle class of makeup). So for example a nice lipstick at the drugstore may cost around $10, a MAC lipstick costs $15, and Mally's cost around $20.
This is exactly my point. MAC is not that expensive. I recently got a Studio Fix powder foundation off ebay for 17.50. That's not much more than upper end drugstore. Emily regularly buys much higher priced stuff. To be honest, I think the beauty community has gotten a little weary of MAC. It was talked about so heavily for awhile that it became a bore. There are so many other great brands and new ones popping up all the time. No reason to obsess over one brand all the time. That is one thing I have always really liked about Emily- variety. She talks about so many different brands and items from high-end to drugstore. That makes her more interesting than some of the other gurus.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

anat4ever wrote:I've never got the vibe that Emily disliked MAC. She has had at least one MAC product in her Emily awards = all time faves the past few years. She didn't even say anything bad in l/s and e/s dupes vids (except that the black e/s was worse than wnw). She loved that dark berry lip kit she got a few weeks ago. Actually, I think she tends to like MAC face and lip products over the eye products. If anything, she probably avoids talking about MAC so her minions don't get weird and complain. She was way more critical/bashing of the super high end stuff she bought with Kristen (although that was her own fault for not researching).
That's my problem, how much of what she says is what she really feels and how much is her keeping her subscribers happy? I don't really trust her, even though she's supposedly an honest guru. She does shady stuff, and it seems like she's not always honest with her subbies. That is probably my entire issue with Emily in a nutshell, lol.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

I don't think she ever outright lies so I don't have a problem believing what she says... my problems are more
1) omitting things so even if a majority of her viewers think she believes one thing, she's never actually said it (ie why ppl think she hates MAC even though I've never noticed her outright bashing MAC)
2) negatively reviewing things in the early days and changing her views later... its not her changing her mind that bothers me, it's the fact that she has no idea she even made that review = she's having trouble keeping track of her hoard (ex. she didn't like the elf custom e/s in dusk b/c it wasn't black, but now she loves it and it's suddenly black [which makes no sense cuz it's not lol])
3) showing more expensive items in her FOTDs but only reviewing half of them. the ones who watch the reviews won't think she's abandoning the drugstore, but it kinda backfires cuz who see the FOTDs think she's being shady
4) this point isn't really being shady, but it's annoying that she has so much in her hoard and so much more coming in that she can't keep track of or review everything. and that's disappointing from a viewer perspective. (she promised a review of the "new" NYC glosses 2 years ago that never materialized... yes more useless facts for my brain)

andsheleft
Learner
Learner

Post by andsheleft »

One of my biggest annoyances with her is that she regularly talks about all the upcoming videos she wants to shoot and all the great ideas for them (and sometimes giveaways) she has and none of them EVER materialize! It drives me insane.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

anat4ever wrote:I don't think she ever outright lies so I don't have a problem believing what she says... my problems are more
1) omitting things so even if a majority of her viewers think she believes one thing, she's never actually said it (ie why ppl think she hates MAC even though I've never noticed her outright bashing MAC)
2) negatively reviewing things in the early days and changing her views later... its not her changing her mind that bothers me, it's the fact that she has no idea she even made that review = she's having trouble keeping track of her hoard (ex. she didn't like the elf custom e/s in dusk b/c it wasn't black, but now she loves it and it's suddenly black [which makes no sense cuz it's not lol])
3) showing more expensive items in her FOTDs but only reviewing half of them. the ones who watch the reviews won't think she's abandoning the drugstore, but it kinda backfires cuz who see the FOTDs think she's being shady
4) this point isn't really being shady, but it's annoying that she has so much in her hoard and so much more coming in that she can't keep track of or review everything. and that's disappointing from a viewer perspective. (she promised a review of the "new" NYC glosses 2 years ago that never materialized... yes more useless facts for my brain)
She did the same with the Elf primer that she did with the eyeshadow. She did a battle of the primers type of thing and I think Elf came in last. Then suddenly she loves it. I'm thinking to myself: Wait she said a few years ago that stuff sucked. You would think it would move even farther down the list after trying even more primers. I think she might have remembered that old review though because next time I heard her talk about it, she is saying ELF must have changed the formula.

You make excellent points though, although I do think she can be a shady lady.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

andsheleft -- Yes!! She always prioritizes the most recent stupid minion requests first which means the same tutorials/GRWM over and over. SHe's shown her video idea list and her planner and her calendar before she she supposedly does have everything planned out, but it goes out the window when she shoots a vid on her FOTD from the day before.

Fuschiarama - Her old review was of the mineral primer. I think the reviews on the elf website favor the mineral one more so who knows what Em is thinking.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Oh, ok. That makes sense, thanks!

MantisShrimp
Informer
Informer

Post by MantisShrimp »

From Ems latest video - every time I pause I capture the best faces from her!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DingoPet
Informer
Informer

Post by DingoPet »

She looks like a who from whoville in that capture.

Her hair is terrible here, so 19th century schoolmarm. She would look so much fresher and younger if she got blunt, heavy, straight across bangs. Also, with that purple shirt, It's just plum/berry over-fucking-load. It's hard for me to think of her being a year younger than me.

Return to “Emilynoel83”