Vintageortacky

robin
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vintageortacky

Post by robin »

I don't think she's actively telling people "it's ok to get fat", and if you honestly think that one youtube guru showing where she gets her clothes is her way of convincing teenagers to gain weight in the face all the media telling them otherwise you are really overstating her reach and influence.

needles
Informer
Informer

Post by needles »

Gurucide wrote:
If you have ever had a serious staph infection, then I do not need to tell you how agonizing it is. In particular, there is a strain of staph that is completely resistant to topical alcohol. Methicillin-Resistant-Staphylococcus-Aureus (aka MRSA) is one such type of bacteria. Clostridium difficile (aka C.diff) is another. Both are known as super-pathogens types of staph bacterium which have an incredible high resistance to many forms of treatments. They may live and exists amongst our natural human flora on our bodies. It is everywhere! Anyone can carry it and anyone can pass it along to others. Alcohol does not kill it. Many hand sanitizers do not kill it. Bleach will kill it but I doubt you will sanitize a lipstick with bleach! Hand washing will remove it, which is why it is so important to wash your hands with soap and water.

MRSA can be killed with the appropriate concentration of alcohol; in a hospital setting, the MAIN thing that can't be killed by any other method than a good handwashing and bleach is CDiff. Alcohol and non-bleach wipes effectively kill most anything else.

Now, the thing with CDiff is... um... it's in your intestinal tracts and stool. Your poop. Soooo I don't know where you stick YOUR lipsticks, but they really shouldn't come in contact with CDiff unless you're working in a totally unsanitary environment.

Like the other poster said, don't use anything other than 71% alcohol to clean your stuff--that's industry standard, and anything at a higher concentration or lower concentration of isopropyl alcohol will NOT kill as many germs. You need need a percentage of water in the mix to help carry the alcohol into the cells and cause lysis.

And her weight... meh. She is overweight and blahblahblah, but personally I like that she has the courage to show herself on camera the way she does. When you're bombarded with photoshopped pictures of women every day, it's good to remind people in general that we come in different sizes. Even if your size isn't the healthiest, that doesn't make you a total abnormality, someone who should hide in a cave and never show your face or much less your body.

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

Her body, her business, her life.
For those "concerned" for her health, quit concerning yourselves in other peoples lives and worry about your own. It is HER life. Why waste your energy?
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

Myusernameistoolong
Informer
Informer

Post by Myusernameistoolong »

Cora's okay, she's pretty chill but her videos can kinda run long like most guru's, it's like shut up with the banter and just get to the point. I like her more now that she isn't hiding in the "fat angles" like most chubby to overweight woman do when they start yt videos and only show their face because they are self conscious about their weight. And if you are self conscious to that extent about your size, then you shouldn't be making videos in general cause whether you are in shape or not, people are going to hate you for the most menial reasons whether you like it or not.

Also I don't know why no one else says it but her bedroom annoys the hell out of me. For a married woman, it looks like she decorated the room for her, her hubs is NO WHERE represented in there and the more I watched the room tour the more I got annoyed because it's like she is a 20+s married woman who decorated her room like a 19yr old girl in her first apt would of a room of her own.
Thoughts on a product... [Insert any product name now] *It's everything!*

herpderp
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by herpderp »

On what planet is it acceptable and even powerful to be severely overweight? It's just as bad as being anorexic, neither are healthy. Not all women should be expected to be a size 0,2,4 because everybody has different bone and muscle structures and genetic predispositions. But having a naturally larger set body =/= overweight/obese.

Encouraging or accepting people being unhealthy on both sides of the extreme is pretty misguided if you ask me :roll: Don't be rude about it and call someone a fat pig, but at the same time don't accept an unhealthy lifestyle ffs. Cora doesn't have to lose 200 pounds to be beautiful, she's naturally beautiful, but even small diet and exercise changes will put her into a healthier weight category. And I hate it when people say 'she's owning her weight', that just sounds to me like she doesn't give a fuck and doesn't want to put it effort to be healthy (aka lazy).

Seriously, people bash ForeverKailyn for ballooning and becoming fat as hell yet people are saying Cora is awesome for not giving a fuck and not losing weight.

itsmebitches
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by itsmebitches »

herpderp wrote:On what planet is it acceptable and even powerful to be severely overweight? It's just as bad as being anorexic, neither are healthy. Not all women should be expected to be a size 0,2,4 because everybody has different bone and muscle structures and genetic predispositions. But having a naturally larger set body =/= overweight/obese.

Encouraging or accepting people being unhealthy on both sides of the extreme is pretty misguided if you ask me :roll: Don't be rude about it and call someone a fat pig, but at the same time don't accept an unhealthy lifestyle ffs. Cora doesn't have to lose 200 pounds to be beautiful, she's naturally beautiful, but even small diet and exercise changes will put her into a healthier weight category. And I hate it when people say 'she's owning her weight', that just sounds to me like she doesn't give a fuck and doesn't want to put it effort to be healthy (aka lazy).

Seriously, people bash ForeverKailyn for ballooning and becoming fat as hell yet people are saying Cora is awesome for not giving a fuck and not losing weight.
It's a good thing that skinny or obese people don't care if you accept them or not. You are not the God's-given-gift to knowing what is healthy or not.

herpderp
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by herpderp »

^I'm not dictating what's healthy. Medical professionals have been talking about it for ages lol. It doesn't matter whether they want to feel accepted by me or not. It's just stupid to defend an unhealthy lifestyle.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

On a different note, I'm really surprised her decor is so BAD. She has such great personal style I expected that to relay in to her home. Her room looks like the teenagers on youtube, i wonder what her husband things of it :)

laughingtaylor
Lurker
Lurker

Post by laughingtaylor »

I think it's unfair to say that she promotes unhealthy eating habits. She is fucking comfortable with herself and that is great for her.

I don't understand where your mock concern comes from?
The CDC doesn't list "body size" is a top concern for deaths in the US (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lcod.htm).

I'm sure she gets enough hate already for her body.... the media literally shoves the standards that woman have to meet down our throats. Dieting is a long process that is often very difficult. Most people that diet and after they stop gain more than they initially weighed back.

I'd say hate on her for other things like her god awful room decor.

DeviliciousDrew
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by DeviliciousDrew »

Sorry to switch the topic but I was just looking on fb and noticed she has a couple of inches of regrowth on her hair. This is purely speculation but I wonder if she is pregnant? A lot of women stop coloring their hair for the first trimester. Anyhow I just thought I would throw it out there. :D

(I haven't watched her videos lately so sorry if this has been addressed by her)

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

she's still coloring the rest of her hair though, does it not matter if you still apply it to the rest?

DeviliciousDrew
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by DeviliciousDrew »

I have heard lots of different things being a stylist for years. For the most part concerned clients want to keep the color off of the scalp to not absorb into their skin. They will instead opt to just get foils or no color at all. Personally I colored my hair and worked with color in all stages of pregnancy...but when I saw her with no color at the roots pregnancy was my first thought.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

I think she's just going for the roots ombre type trend. I wouldn't want to open a can of worms about first trying to lose weight and be healthier for pregnancy so I won't even go there, but I don't think she's pregnant. If she was that would be kind of hilarious considering there's a few youtubers who just are pregnant out of the blue like kailyn and xsparkage.

this.is.almost.40
Learner
Learner

Post by this.is.almost.40 »

clairebear wrote:I think she's just going for the roots ombre type trend. I wouldn't want to open a can of worms about first trying to lose weight and be healthier for pregnancy so I won't even go there, but I don't think she's pregnant. If she was that would be kind of hilarious considering there's a few youtubers who just are pregnant out of the blue like kailyn and xsparkage.
Interesting you should mention that....I was thinking the same thing (about a lot of YT'ers being preggo). Another one who I can't seem to find on here is kaitnichole . I remember watching her video and I was all- wow, she looks SO different. Did she gain weight? Sure enough she's pregs.

Do we have a thread for pregnant YT'ers or are we not going there? Just asking.....at the risk of getting b*tched at, it seems to be a 'trend'

caomei
Informer
Informer

Post by caomei »

In regards to her weight, I've never thought less of Kailyn for being overweight and I would never attack Kailyn for her weight if I were active in that thread. Nor am I praising Cora for being overweight. I simply think discussing another person's weight is stupid. It's not our business. Cora is talented, Kailyn is not. End.

I never thought Cora was pregnant! If she is, good for her. Her husband and her seem like a happy couple. And I think there's a lot of pregnancies on YT just because they're all getting to that age.

Anyway, I'm a little annoyed at Cora's videos lately. She doesn't seem to be trying the crazy colours as much anymore. I still watch all of her videos but she definitely seems really busy with her outside life lately.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

caomei wrote:In regards to her weight, I've never thought less of Kailyn for being overweight and I would never attack Kailyn for her weight if I were active in that thread. Nor am I praising Cora for being overweight. I simply think discussing another person's weight is stupid. It's not our business. Cora is talented, Kailyn is not. End.

I never thought Cora was pregnant! If she is, good for her. Her husband and her seem like a happy couple. And I think there's a lot of pregnancies on YT just because they're all getting to that age.

Anyway, I'm a little annoyed at Cora's videos lately. She doesn't seem to be trying the crazy colours as much anymore. I still watch all of her videos but she definitely seems really busy with her outside life lately.
Well, she mentioned in a recent video that both SAD(seasonal affective disorder) and the short winter days have been keeping her from filming as much. However, she does seem really preoccupied in her last couple of videos. And her latest tutorials have been quite boring. I originally subbed to Cora because she did much edgier stuff makeup wise than most YT'ers. She has been really disappointing me...
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

Cora's in her 30's right? Maybe she's just getting over the bright colorful stuff which could also explain her growing out her roots. Not that there's an age limit on wearing rainbow eyeshadow but I sense her style maturing. I still think her makeup is bold even when it's in just warm colors but her looks do all look the same any more.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

clairebear wrote:Cora's in her 30's right? Maybe she's just getting over the bright colorful stuff which could also explain her growing out her roots. Not that there's an age limit on wearing rainbow eyeshadow but I sense her style maturing. I still think her makeup is bold even when it's in just warm colors but her looks do all look the same any more.
No, Cora recently turned 27. She is still young enough to pull off colorful looks. I mean, look at her hair!! I think she has just lost her spark and I'm not sure why. She just hasn't been herself in several months.
Never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts you, know what? It was probably worth it........Leonardo DiCaprio

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

Oh I thought she was older because she conducts herself so much more maturely than most girls on youtube, even those in their 30's :) She did mention she thinks she has SAD. I can't imagine doing youtube as a living can really be that rewarding either, sure its easy money but for a creative seemingly outgoing person herself is it must be boring not really having anything to do or put your talents in to.

mustardmoon1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mustardmoon1 »

clairebear wrote:Oh I thought she was older because she conducts herself so much more maturely than most girls on youtube, even those in their 30's :) She did mention she thinks she has SAD. I can't imagine doing youtube as a living can really be that rewarding either, sure its easy money but for a creative seemingly outgoing person herself is it must be boring not really having anything to do or put your talents in to.
I agree, like so many others, Cora was best when she was working. She used to work in cosmetics in some capacity, either at a place like Sephora or at some counter. But anyway, once she quit to do YT full-time, the quality of her videos started going down. I imagine being a full-time YT'er is very boring and isolating. And it's hard to come up with new ideas when you are never amongst people chatting and discussing things. Kind of sad actually.

Return to “U-Z”