Is anyone good at dream interpretation?

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is anyone good at dream interpretation?

Post by Angie V »

I thought I'd ask here because the results I got on Google were kind of a mess of different random websites. I wanted to get someone's actual opinion in my particular case since the other answers were aimed at different people with varying stories.

I've been having recurring dreams for a while now. I guess they're not exactly recurring dreams, but recurring themes in dreams.
Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think these mean....

The first one I've been having for a few months if not a year or longer, I just can't remember exactly how long but it's been a while. It's always a different person (sometimes a person I know and other times just a random one) and a different circumstance and a different setting, etc. but I keep having dreams about me liking a guy and him liking me too (it's just that thing in dreams where you as the 'narrator' of sorts know everything that's going on), but I never acknowledge this in the dream. So I'll know that this person wants to be with me and I want to be with him but I pretend like I don't know and that I don't have these feelings. And each dream always ends in the guy about to tell me or something like that where something is just about to happen but then I either wake up or another dream starts without this one concluding in any way or this dream just cuts and I don't remember the next one.

The other recurring theme has been happening for the past couple of weeks, maybe like two or three months or so. The circumstances for this are also always different, but in each one I try to dial 911 but can't do it. I either dial the wrong numbers or if I do dial the right ones, someone else answers so I hang up and try again but fail. The dreams aren't scary like horror films but they are nightmares in a sense that it's so frustrating. It's like that thing in dreams where you run as fast as you can but you're going extremely slowly. In the dream, I think to myself "oh my god why can't i do this?????" and I know the number "911" but it's like I'm just incapable of dialing it. Sometimes the dream is long enough to the part where I do finally get through to the dispatcher, but then I lose my ability to speak so I can't get help. And it's like the more I try, the closer the danger that I'm trying to get help for gets. Like last night, the dream was that someone was trying to get into my apartment and banging on the door, so I tried calling the police but the more I tried, the more that person was able to break down the door.

Last night these two themes collided in one dream, but of course I woke up before anything concluded.
imma ball til the day i fall

eaboggio
Stalker
Stalker

Re: Is anyone good at dream interpretation?

Post by eaboggio »

I may not be an expert, but I have taken courses in school about dream interpretation. In fact, I have interpreted my dreams many times. I hope this helps :)

For the first dream, it could mean something as simple as the guy you like, likes you and you like him but your both too afraid to say anything. And if its not that, I'd say that maybe something is going on in your life that you don't want to admit to because you said "I pretend like I don't know and that I don't have these feelings." Or maybe in a friendship something is not normal and you two are both afraid to admit it. This may not be correct, but there are some ideas. :)

As for the second dream, I am thinking that you are stuck with something in your life right now. By that, I mean you are simply trying to do something but you can't. Maybe its a project in school you are having trouble with. Or maybe something in your life is frustrating you.

Let me know if any of these things are accurate/make sense. :) Good luck with everything.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Maybe in the back of your mind you know there's a guy (in real life) who likes you and you're nervous to confront it or have him confront you so you're hoping you can just ignore it until it resolves itself?

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Thanks for the responses!

I don't have any love interests at the moment but I guess it could be in the general sense? Maybe just not with anyone specific. It also might be about other issues, not necessarily relationships. Hmm

I'm all done with school but I am working on other things that I do feel stuck with, actually. That could be it! I just wish the dream would tell me how to resolve it XD

Oubliette
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Oubliette »

For the first one:

There might be something in your life that you're holding back. It could be important information, feelings or actions you've done and you haven't addressed them correctly. Perhaps you have something you should address with someone but haven't gotten around to it yet.

For the second one:

You might be looking for answers in the wrong place. Take a step back and analyze if what you want to know is where you're currently looking it for. You might need to know something but try different places instead of going back to the ones who will not help you out at the moment.

Just my two cents. ;)

subject99
Learner
Learner

Post by subject99 »

Angie V wrote:I thought I'd ask here because the results I got on Google were kind of a mess of different random websites. I wanted to get someone's actual opinion in my particular case since the other answers were aimed at different people with varying stories.

I've been having recurring dreams for a while now. I guess they're not exactly recurring dreams, but recurring themes in dreams.
Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think these mean....

The first one I've been having for a few months if not a year or longer, I just can't remember exactly how long but it's been a while. It's always a different person (sometimes a person I know and other times just a random one) and a different circumstance and a different setting, etc. but I keep having dreams about me liking a guy and him liking me too (it's just that thing in dreams where you as the 'narrator' of sorts know everything that's going on), but I never acknowledge this in the dream. So I'll know that this person wants to be with me and I want to be with him but I pretend like I don't know and that I don't have these feelings. And each dream always ends in the guy about to tell me or something like that where something is just about to happen but then I either wake up or another dream starts without this one concluding in any way or this dream just cuts and I don't remember the next one.

The other recurring theme has been happening for the past couple of weeks, maybe like two or three months or so. The circumstances for this are also always different, but in each one I try to dial 911 but can't do it. I either dial the wrong numbers or if I do dial the right ones, someone else answers so I hang up and try again but fail. The dreams aren't scary like horror films but they are nightmares in a sense that it's so frustrating. It's like that thing in dreams where you run as fast as you can but you're going extremely slowly. In the dream, I think to myself "oh my god why can't i do this?????" and I know the number "911" but it's like I'm just incapable of dialing it. Sometimes the dream is long enough to the part where I do finally get through to the dispatcher, but then I lose my ability to speak so I can't get help. And it's like the more I try, the closer the danger that I'm trying to get help for gets. Like last night, the dream was that someone was trying to get into my apartment and banging on the door, so I tried calling the police but the more I tried, the more that person was able to break down the door.

Last night these two themes collided in one dream, but of course I woke up before anything concluded.

I have had the exact same dream as your second one. Where I was trying to dial "911" also but I kept fucking up the numbers every damn time and the person was in my home and I was hiding and I couldnt get the numbers right at all to where the intruder finds me and I still can't get the numbers right it turns into a struggle/fight between the intruder and I..but then I wake then as im awake I say to my myself :how the fuck can you NOT dial 911 fast enough"

Here i thought I was the only one having these.

What did you find when you googled about the second dream? I haven't tried yet..im not sure if I want to know the answer hahhaa.

subject99
Learner
Learner

Post by subject99 »

Im sure you read this site but if not i kinda did word for word of key things in the dream

The appearance of this number in your dream suggests that you need to not be afraid to ask for help. There is an important lesson to be learned from in your dream.
Danger
To dream that you are in danger suggests that you need to be more cautious in some aspect of your life. Alternatively, your negativity and pessimistic attitude is causing you to be depressed about the future.

To dream that you escape from danger signifies that you will rise to a place of high position and honor in your business and social circle.
Break-In
To dream that someone is trying to break into your house indicates that some subconscious material is attempting to make itself known. You are in denial about some aspects of yourself. Alternatively, the dream may be about a current relationship or situation that is making you uncomfortable. You feel that you are losing your own identity or space.
If the birds are trying to break into your house, then it implies that you are not following your desired path in life. Others are meddling in your life and interfering with your life path.
To dream that someone is breaking into your car suggests that your plans are not working out how you have planned.

Intruder
To see an intruder in your dream represents your feelings of guilt. Consider also what unfamiliar feelings or thoughts may be breaking into your peace of mind. Alternatively, an intruder symbolizes self-indulgent behavior or unwanted sexual attention.

From these few words it seems like you have some dort of guilt but that you shouldn't be afraid to ask for help. Could be guilt about past relationships or anything really. Its in your subconscious mind and its presenting itself.But yu should be cautious about the future once the guilt has been resolved...Im not to sure if this makes sense.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I hope someone can help me out with my dreams.

I ALWAYS dream with elevators, but they're nightmares, sometimes I dream that I can't get out of them because the doors open and close too fast or sometimes I dream that I go into the elevator and it starts falling to the ground really quickly with no control and then I wake up, like last night I dreamt that I got into the elevator and I was going to the first floor and it started going down too fast, like I could feel the vertigo or something.

It worries me because they're extremely recurrent dreams and they're always distressing..

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Those explanations make a lot of sense when I think about it. I have been feeling anxious, stuck, lonely, freaked out about the future, and I constantly feel guilty. It's crazy how that stuff can manifest itself.

Return to “Sleep”