The REAL Reason Why Elle and Blair...

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The REAL Reason Why Elle and Blair...

Post by baconpancakes »

bspatrol wrote:
baconpancakes wrote:
bspatrol wrote:Just FYI because it was discussed. In order to write off a home/office, it has to be a designated room and be used "regularly and exclusively" for the business. So, she cannot write off the bedroom at all. But yes they do probably write off the filming room, etc. Yes, they pay big time accountants to be able to deduct any little thing they can.
Are you referring to their guest bedrooms? Bc both of them have said on camera that they intended to use those rooms for when their parents and sister come to visit, as well as for filming. It seems odd that they'd be able to claim the bedroom furniture that's in there as office equipment. I wonder if they can still "write it off" if they have ppl sleeping in there?
Well I guess she read my post and took out the guest bedroom option. Glad I could be of service! Looks like she will now legit take a tax write off based on her latest video (which is now in plain view for IRS tax auditors - see now my room is only for business use). LOL. Go Blair!
I KNOW!!! Did we not call this?! :? I said "She has a bed in there tho" BAM . Bed gone. I don't believe in coincidences. Haha. What a creeper.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

N ppl say they're stupid :D

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

baconpancakes wrote: I KNOW!!! Did we not call this?! :? I said "She has a bed in there tho" BAM . Bed gone. I don't believe in coincidences. Haha. What a creeper.
totally, yes you did say bed and poof gone. major creepster. We should send her a bill for our advice.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

^Doesn't Elle have a bed too? If so, I predict it will be gone within the next month.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Yeah, I think they both had Ikea trundle beds? This whole thing was so weird. Yw Blair, get that cash :D

Poniesftw
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Poniesftw »

tax rules vary by state, I know from personal experience in NY anyone self-employed making over a measly $800 a year gets slammed with taxes, so much so that if I didn't write off my computer I would of owed them over $600, and I'm not even exaggerating. It's an absolute necessity to write off things like home offices, wardrobe, supplies or you'll be screwed. There's also limits for the expenses you write off (at least in NY there is), so I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that everything they buy is taken care of. It's the only way you can stop them from taking ALL of your money when you don't have a big company behind you, I believe this is why Philip Defranco went through some tax troubles and ultimately created a legit company in his name to avoid these situations. I think saving receipts for returns and tracking finances is a legitimate excuse, they would get in serious trouble if they were taking advantage, the IRS doesn't just let that slide. Infact, I remember youtuber Stevie Ryan got in trouble with her taxes a few years back for writing off too much and not having a qualifying home office.
We are all simply fans that can see through your bullsh*t.

Return to “Elle & Blair”