Allthatglitters21 General Thread

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Allthatglitters21 General Thread

Post by xxkath »

Arielle wrote: They just switched the comment system over the past 2 days - you will now receive comment notifications via Google+. You can find your inbox if you go to Video Manager -> Inbox, but comments will no longer be going to that inbox as of the last few days. It's a pain in the ass. And if you're connected with Google+ you can't reply to anyone who hasn't connected their YT account with Google+. You can disconnect it though, just go to YouTube Settings and there's a button you can click to disconnect the accounts.
Hey sorry to bug you and go off topic but I was wondering if you could tell me how to disconnect the accounts? I've gone to YT settings and google plus and its given me a list of boxes to tick/untick, is this what I need to do?
I HATE the new comments section. I replied to someones comment on Blairs video and I keep getting emails and notifications telling me someone else has replied but not to me. It even tells me when someone gives my comment a thumbs up.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

xxkath wrote:
Arielle wrote: They just switched the comment system over the past 2 days - you will now receive comment notifications via Google+. You can find your inbox if you go to Video Manager -> Inbox, but comments will no longer be going to that inbox as of the last few days. It's a pain in the ass. And if you're connected with Google+ you can't reply to anyone who hasn't connected their YT account with Google+. You can disconnect it though, just go to YouTube Settings and there's a button you can click to disconnect the accounts.
Hey sorry to bug you and go off topic but I was wondering if you could tell me how to disconnect the accounts? I've gone to YT settings and google plus and its given me a list of boxes to tick/untick, is this what I need to do?
I HATE the new comments section. I replied to someones comment on Blairs video and I keep getting emails and notifications telling me someone else has replied but not to me. It even tells me when someone gives my comment a thumbs up.
The short version: Go here and click OK http://www.youtube.com/account_revert

The long version:
First, click on your little photo on the top right corner of YT and click on YouTube settings, or go here: http://www.youtube.com/account
Then next to your photo there will be a link that says something like "Return name to Username123, and disconnect Google+ profile" Click that then click OK on the next page.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

But I don't think you can comment at all if you don't have it linked to a google+ account.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

an0n wrote:But I don't think you can comment at all if you don't have it linked to a google+ account.
Yes you can. I see lots of people still commenting and they don't have a G+ page.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

It didn't let me but either way it's definitely heading in that direction. My google+ page is my username though, if you're assuming that all people without a "real" name are not using goggle+ yet.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

Thank you :) I just reverted my account, tried to comment though and it wouldn't let me without updating it first. I guess we shall see.

JediBeauty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JediBeauty »

So who is shocked that there was no video put up yesterday?

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 1873 »

The half life of caffeine is like 6 hours. And since she's addicted to soda, I'm sure she has a caffeinated beverage within 6 hours of going to sleep.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

Isn't she supposed to do fallthatglitters in november too? I can't remember. But she hasn't uploaded in a week sooooo.....

JediBeauty
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JediBeauty »

byebyebye1 wrote:Isn't she supposed to do fallthatglitters in november too? I can't remember. But she hasn't uploaded in a week sooooo.....
Yeah, she is. Once December hits I'm sure she'll be extremely relieved….

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

JediBeauty wrote:
byebyebye1 wrote:Isn't she supposed to do fallthatglitters in november too? I can't remember. But she hasn't uploaded in a week sooooo.....
or she'll stupidly do vlogmas and fail at that.

OldEnough2KnowBetter
Talker
Talker

Post by OldEnough2KnowBetter »

byebyebye1 wrote:
JediBeauty wrote:
or she'll stupidly do vlogmas and fail at that.
lol I can hear her now: "Hey guys! So, I TOTALLY failed with FallThatGlitters. I was just soooooo busy! (edits in a clip of her baby-talking Pinecone in a high pitched voice about something unrelated to the video) So I'm gonna make it up to you by doing Vlogmas!" (stops uploading videos after day 10)

I never stopped giving a Elle the benefit of the doubt over the past year, but I'm SO OVER her gleeful announcements about participating in the various YT daily/bi-daily (is that even a word?) vlogging events and then blatantly dropping the ball about halfway through. I'll still watch her videos that interest me, but at this point, she could never vlog again and I wouldn't miss her (and I've watched her videos for 4 years). YT isn't near as much fun now that everyone's only in it for the money and they get sponsored by the weirdest companies and they all use the same exact makeup products. The only people who post regularly are vapid, unintelligent teenagers that are trying to build a lifestyle brand even though they have little actual life experience.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

OldEnough2KnowBetter wrote: lol I can hear her now: "Hey guys! So, I TOTALLY failed with FallThatGlitters. I was just soooooo busy! (edits in a clip of her baby-talking Pinecone in a high pitched voice about something unrelated to the video) So I'm gonna make it up to you by doing Vlogmas!" (stops uploading videos after day 10)

I never stopped giving a Elle the benefit of the doubt over the past year, but I'm SO OVER her gleeful announcements about participating in the various YT daily/bi-daily (is that even a word?) vlogging events and then blatantly dropping the ball about halfway through. I'll still watch her videos that interest me, but at this point, she could never vlog again and I wouldn't miss her (and I've watched her videos for 4 years). YT isn't near as much fun now that everyone's only in it for the money and they get sponsored by the weirdest companies and they all use the same exact makeup products. The only people who post regularly are vapid, unintelligent teenagers that are trying to build a lifestyle brand even though they have little actual life experience.
totally agree with all of this and i suspect that youtube guru videos will go down the shitter with google's new commenting system. Just my prediction. I'm losing interest fast and finding myself watching less and less.

OldEnough2KnowBetter
Talker
Talker

Post by OldEnough2KnowBetter »

bspatrol wrote:
OldEnough2KnowBetter wrote: lol I can hear her now: "Hey guys! So, I TOTALLY failed with FallThatGlitters. I was just soooooo busy! (edits in a clip of her baby-talking Pinecone in a high pitched voice about something unrelated to the video) So I'm gonna make it up to you by doing Vlogmas!" (stops uploading videos after day 10)

totally agree with all of this and i suspect that youtube guru videos will go down the shitter with google's new commenting system. Just my prediction. I'm losing interest fast and finding myself watching less and less.
Yeah, I no longer comment on videos because of this whole Google+ crap. I'm really irritated because there are several vloggers that I enjoy talking to, but Google's insistence on creating another Facebook is only going to hurt them in the end.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

OldEnough2KnowBetter wrote:Yeah, I no longer comment on videos because of this whole Google+ crap. I'm really irritated because there are several vloggers that I enjoy talking to, but Google's insistence on creating another Facebook is only going to hurt them in the end.
Yes! Also, for the past year, I've been more entertained by the comments than the actual video. Now, all the comments are only positive and fluffy since it's posting on their personal account. Yawn.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

bspatrol wrote:
OldEnough2KnowBetter wrote:Yeah, I no longer comment on videos because of this whole Google+ crap. I'm really irritated because there are several vloggers that I enjoy talking to, but Google's insistence on creating another Facebook is only going to hurt them in the end.
Yes! Also, for the past year, I've been more entertained by the comments than the actual video. Now, all the youtube comments are only positive and fluffy since it's posting on their personal account. Yawn.

Return to “Elle Fowler”