What would you want your wedding and dress to look like?

whatsername_
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What would you want your wedding and dress to look like?

Post by whatsername_ »

I want this so badly...

liisus
Learner
Learner

Post by liisus »

So obviously I am not getting married any time soon but I still like to look dresses. I had my graduation dress custom made and it looks kind of in a way bridal (lace and white/cream, not long though). I like quite simple dresses. I would not be that brave to wear a not-white dress but here are some of my favorite gowns. :)
Yeah, I know this Monique Lhuillier one us not a bridal gown but it is stunning IMO. And I loved Kate Middleton´s dress.
This is gorgeous but I´d love it even more if it didn´t flow out that much.
The pic is not very good but this looks beautiful.

PrincessDila
Talker
Talker

Post by PrincessDila »

This is what my dream gown looks like, although I would have it in a diffrent color, maybe champagne or oyster.

dexory
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dexory »

I already have mine, actually I have two!

One is ivory lace and it's sort of mermaid style in terms of shape, very fitted down to my thighs then flares out a bit with a train. It's got lace straps and buttons up the back then it has a satin ribbon under the bust with a diamante brooch. I got it second hand on ebay for £40 including postage so I'll probably meddle with it a bit to make it a bit more unique as it was such a bargain. That's my main ceremony dress and then I have what I call my eating dress for the evening that isn't so fitted so I can stuff my face!

It's this one:

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk ... 3530614616 (I don't know if the link works though the monsoon website is a bit pants, but it's the ophelia lace dress in ivory.

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

If I ever got married I think I'd go for something very much like Keira Knightley style. I'm not really conventional, I'm an atheist, I HATE things that are too big, expensive traditional and formal.
I LOVED her wedding dress! Image
Image Or something similar.

I also loved Alicia Silverstone wedding dress!
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

Sonia wrote:Image

This is my dress. Not really my dream dress but I hate shopping and it fit my requirements of lace + straps. I bought it over a year ago and have since lost a decent amount of weight, so hopefully alterations will make it fit properly. :? I plan on wearing a petticoat to give it more of a ballgown shape and since there's extra fabric from being too large now, I want to try to make the straps more off-the-shoulder. I also want to replace the sash with a crystal or pearl belt instead.

As for the wedding, it's going to be very simple. Small outdoor ceremony at a botanical garden and then a dinner reception. No dancing, no garter/bouquet toss, etc. We're shy people. :P I want the tables to look something like this.

This table setting is AWESOME!! I really like that style! Very quiet tasteful candellight and white.. perfect!

Chatabox
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Chatabox »

My dress:

The train:

Table design:

We are getting married on a tropical island next year. Can't wait!

Lily
Informer
Informer

Post by Lily »

I would love for it to look something like this <3

Casablancas
Talker
Talker

Post by Casablancas »

I've always said how I can't really see myself getting married but I still love looking at wedding dresses and watching wedding shows lol. But, If I ever do get married, I want to wear an Inbal Dror dress, I think they're so stunning. I would definitely want one with sleeves.
Image Image
Image Image
ImageImage

heyamy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by heyamy »

ive already chosen it (although i have a long time to wait). Ive pretty much got my heart set on Elie Saab

pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pixielein »

i hope my wedding dress will look like this just at her waist i wanna have somethign green belt :D Image
and i know it will sound weird, but i wanna wear it with green shoes because the decoration will be also green :D

pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pixielein »

[quote="Casablancas"]I've always said how I can't really see myself getting married but I still love looking at wedding dresses and watching wedding shows lol. But, If I ever do get married, I want to wear an Inbal Dror dress, I think they're so stunning. I would definitely want one with sleeves.
Image Image

they look so beautiful

kpgirl
Informer
Informer

Post by kpgirl »

Well since I am Indian, I have to wear a sari. I went to my aunt's wedding last year and fell in love with everything!

Here is her wedding video. This is just a sample but she has the full thing

Lily
Informer
Informer

Post by Lily »

kpgirl wrote:Well since I am Indian, I have to wear a sari. I went to my aunt's wedding last year and fell in love with everything!

Here is her wedding video. This is just a sample but she has the full thing
Wow! That wedding was beautiful! :)

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

CaramelDrop wrote:I have always wanted a black wedding, I'm a little unconventional.
I'd TOTALLY go with the black wedding!!
I looked at Shenae Grimes wedding pictures I LOVE that Vera Wang black dress! It's SO gorgeous!!

I love the whole style of the ceremony. The black-red-white colors, the gothic style, I wonder what they are drinking!? :lol:

AngelPrincess
Informer
Informer

Post by AngelPrincess »

I've been really excited for David Tutera so I've been thinking about my wedding even though I don't want to get married till I'm 25 or older(I'm only 18 now.)
I would want something like this for my dress very elegant and beautiful

I might want to change into a shorter dress after the ceremony since I want to dance this would be perfect

This for my bridesmaids dresses

This for the flower girl except the band would be the same color as the bridesmaid dresses

This for my mom except it would be white just like my dress. I've always wanted my mother to wear a white dress to my wedding some people think its weird but not me.

My mom got her wedding dress and bridal party dresses custom made so that's what I plan on doing for my wedding. I also plan on getting married at my family church but for the venue I haven't really thought it through. All I know is it needs to be big enough to hold 200-400+ people. I have a huge family that keeps on growing.

LeaJackson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LeaJackson »

Casablancas wrote:I've always said how I can't really see myself getting married but I still love looking at wedding dresses and watching wedding shows lol. But, If I ever do get married, I want to wear an Inbal Dror dress, I think they're so stunning. I would definitely want one with sleeves.
Image Image
Image Image

thank you SO MUCH for posting this! I've seen these pictures and many others everywhere on the internet and couldnt figure out which designer creates those fairytale pieces. now I know. thank you thank thank you thank you!

these dresses are magnificent, I haven't seen more beautfiful ones

dolly
Learner
Learner

Post by dolly »

AngelPrincess wrote:I've been really excited for David Tutera so I've been thinking about my wedding even though I don't want to get married till I'm 25 or older(I'm only 18 now.)
I would want something like this for my dress very elegant and beautiful
I'm getting married next year and I want that dress so badly. Its made by Alencon, and its called the Lace French Mermaid but I can't find a stockist near me and I'm too chicken to buy it online :( That's my dream dress though, and I'm determined to have it! I think its divine, and I love how the straps can be removed. My local bridal store is trying to source it from the US for me, but if they can't, I'm considering travelling over just to buy it. Crazy, I know!

My colour scheme is eau de nil and a pale, blush pink. My bridesmaids will be wearing the pale pink.

Devastat0r
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Devastat0r »

I had a few non traditional designs in mind but both of them fell threw last minute. Since we had decided on a super small ceremony just for our parents I went with something classy but inexpensive. "Dream Dress" no not really but I'm not really the type to really fuss over it. The money we saved went to a wonderful holiday instead.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_One ... -DB-Studio

hardlythere
Informer
Informer

Post by hardlythere »

I'm a weirdo and I love sparkles everywhere. Here is my dream dress:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/167701359/g ... ome_active
And here is the dress I am actually getting because I can't afford $900:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/116565160/g ... treasury_1
For the wedding I know I want yellow and grey (our favorite colors) and something very country, mason jars, etc.

Return to “Wedding”