Stretch marks

thecitylightsburn
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stretch marks

Post by thecitylightsburn »

I have them from rapid weight gain. Then, I lost all that weight and they ended up fading. Cocoa butter is my best friend.
I'm sweating like a sinner in a church.

The truth is that... Airports have seen more sincere kisses than wedding chapels,
and hospitals have heard more sincere prayers than church.

farnearer
Learner
Learner

Post by farnearer »

I heard that the mama mio products are good, but they're insanely expensive. I really want to try them, though.

I have a few stretch marks on my stomach, but the ones that really bother me are on my chest/shoulders and arms, it's awful. I can't even hide them.

I, too, have stretch marks from rapid weight gain. They're the worst.

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

I used to have white/red stretch marks on my thighs, hips, and butt. I couldn't get rid of them unless I harshly exfoliated my skin everyday (with an abrasive scrub), but it was for 6 months and I had to cover up the whole time because it made my skin really sensitive. I don't have them anymore because of this, but it is a bit painful and takes a lot of work. However it is cheaper than laser.

Maybe this would be better to do in the winter?

AngelPrincess
Informer
Informer

Post by AngelPrincess »

I have them too :( on my boobs, arms, stomach and sides. I got then because I over used a powerful steroid cream for my eczema they're thick to not little thin lines that aren't noticeable. I plan on getting them removed when I get the money its sad but I don't hide my body I mean who's going to come up to me and say something? nobody.

MamatoanAngel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MamatoanAngel »

I got all of mine from pregnancy. Knees,upper arms,armpits,stomach is covvvveerrred..even the top of my friggen vagina ladies. My big 9 pounder literally stretched me to the limit haha.

I've tried every magical cream,even when pregnant,nothing works,I've learned to accept my tiger stripes ;)

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

Rock em, there are plenty of us that have them! Fewer people are judging you than you think. Mine from puberty are pretty faded and have been for years. I have one on my inner thigh that isn't, I like to pretend its a war wound like I got stabbed there.

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

I don't see it as something to be self-conscious about. Lots of people have them and honestly most people don't care. I just noticed a couple of days ago that my boyfriend had some on his arms/lower back/inner thighs. It took me 3+ years to even notice them. I probably saw them but never even thought about it.

I had some on my hips through puberty, but they mostly faded. I still have some faint ones but I don't even pay attention to them.

Purpledrank89
Learner
Learner

Post by Purpledrank89 »

There is nothing you can really do to get rid of them unless you get laser work done .When I was 19 I had like a million pop up in all kinds of places, the dark purple ones inner thighs, under butt,hamstrings, hips I got so insecure about them, I mean I already had white ones simply from growing from a child to a teen but these ones were brand new and not cool. So I went on a rampage to find any cure and all these remedies and the only thing that worked was patience, and keeping moisturized and drank water more. I think I'm prone to them because my mom had them and I'm 24 now and still baby free. So what I did was ignore them, because if I constantly stared at them it looks like they aren't going anywhere. So for all of fall winter and spring I wore leggings kept them covered because I was embarrassed but I kept moisturized kept hydrated and this summer I just so happen to look down and half of those little bastards have faded. Faded to white of course but I'll take that over dark purple. So get some real moisturizers, real raw shea butter and Cocoa butter, vitamin e oil and olive. Mix that ish up and use it after you get out of the shower.

bznz
Debater
Debater

Post by bznz »

I have always been overweight so I have them EVERYWHERE, well everywhere except my legs. I have them on my butt, my stomach, my hips, my back, my boobs, my shoulders, my armpits and so on.. I don't care about them that much, except the ones I have on my boobs(on the side of my boobs towards the armpit) and on my stomach because they're so deep I can actually feel them if I run my fingers over them. Now I lost a bunch of weight and my skin is flabbier then ever and sadly my stretch marks are even more noticeable on my stomach. That sucks.

I plan on getting them removed when I reach my goal weight, because I cringe when I think about if I would ever get a boyfriend (let's hope so lol) and him running his fingers over my stomach and him wondering if he just touched my stomach or the Alps.

Oh well, at least they're white and the small ones are only visible in certain lights.

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

I have loads. On my boobs, on my hips, inner thighs, stomach,benind the knee, and upper arms. I'm not really sure where they came from, because I haven't gained that much weight, and I definitely didn't have a growth spurt. I come from a family with loads of skin issues, so I'm guessing that's why I have them. My boobs had a growt spurt after I started the pill, and I got loads in my boobs. They've faded, so they're not even that noticable. Honestly, the only ones I'm bothered with are the ones on the back of my legs/knees. Most people, especially girls, have stretch marks. It's not a big deal. I even know a guy who has them on his back, from a growth spurt.

glencoco
Learner
Learner

Post by glencoco »

Take some capsules of pure vitamin E oil, bio oil, and mix it with cocoa butter (or coconut oil) that is melted down. Apply this to any area that has stretch marks. Use a circular motion with your fingers when applying. This increases circulation and will help them fade fast. Apply at morning and night. Drinking a lot of water will help as well.

I'm sure you can get these things online :)

vegasazhure
Informer
Informer

Post by vegasazhure »

I got quite a few during my first pregnancy and I gained a TON of weight. I lost it all over about three years, and during my second pregnancy was super careful and didn't get more than a couple new ones. By now they're all but faded and the few on my breasts and hips are nearly invisible. My stomach though... it's all just tiny stretch marks that makes me look like I have super weird, wrinkly skin! They've all faded to white, there's nothing else I can do but for cosmetic procedures to remove them (tummy tuck, one day, right here) so for now I grin and bear it.

WHILE I was pregnant the second time, I already knew I could get stretch marks and was much more vigilant with the cocoa butter. I don't know if it helped as much as watching my weight gain, but it never hurts to try!
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night - Ginsberg

balletslippers
Informer
Informer

Post by balletslippers »

As a teenager, I was SO insecure of them. I still am to this day but it's not as bad. I have stretchmarks on the side of my bum and it's horrible when I want to wear a sexy bikini. I'm hoping to get them lasered off before my wedding. Stretchmarks are also at the top of the list of why I'll never have kids (so vain, I know... :o )

toucs
Learner
Learner

Post by toucs »

I used to cry in the bathroom because of my stretch marks. Or I'd stand infront of the mirror checking every part of my body for new marks.. I've stayed pretty much the same size and weight since i was 14, I'm the only person in my family who suffers with stretch marks. I used to use cocoa butter, i don't know if it helped, but it smelt amazing..
Since I met my boyfriend, i haven't looked or cared about them.

CowGoesMeow
DONATOR
DONATOR

Post by CowGoesMeow »

i have some on my thigh due to gaining and losing weight too fast. i use vitamin E
Image AprilJustin liesTVImage

sapage89
Debater
Debater

Post by sapage89 »

I have some on my thighs from gaining and now losing it. no idea how to make them go away. :/
Using Tapatalk

TiffanyMaxwell
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TiffanyMaxwell »

Don't know why people feel so upset over it. I have them on my boobs, on my legs, even on my arms.. I feel it is natural and most women have them. They usually fade over time as well and are not like sticking right into your face so it's fine with me.
<3

smorespup
Informer
Informer

Post by smorespup »

I have stretch marks in a lot of places and for the most part they don't bother me. However, I do have some on the back of my calves and knees that really bother me and make me not want to wear shorts or dresses. I started using a dermaroller after a lot of consideration (it looks a lot scarier than it is), and I can honestly say that after about a month of using it, I am actually seeing results. The texture and color has evened out and some of the marks are starting to break apart and disappear. They aren't completely gone and probably never will be, but I'm so much happier with them. I'm not sure how well this device works on really old, deep stretchmarks but I truly do believe that this has helped me.

sibkitty3
Debater
Debater

Post by sibkitty3 »

you know I use to feel insecure about my stretch marks, but after reading that many people have them and in similar places I have my own marks. I feel better.

I have them on my boobs, hips, back on calves (don't know how that happen tho). I understand how I got them on my boobs and hips, especially when I gained weight, but not my calves.

speakyourdreams
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by speakyourdreams »

I got stretch marks on my thighs when I was 11. It freaked me out. I started my period around that time too. So it was probably my body becoming more womanly. Lol.

Try bio oil. You have to use everyday twice a day to see any results. Or you could get laser surgery.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I know your wife and she wouldnt mind

Return to “Skincare”