SilverMiko
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best Dark Spots Corrector?

Post by SilverMiko »

Hi ladies (and maybe gentlemen!)

I have some pigmentation marks and spots from acne scars, mostly on my chin, I want to try to fade as best I can. I am already on the wearing sunscreen daily thing, but what dark spot corrector do you all find works best? I've heard some good ones are the Clinique one, Caudelie, and Kheils.

What would you all recommend?

whoawhoawhoa

Re: Best Dark Spots Corrector?

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

i've been using paula's choice brand RESIST lightening lotion and so far so good! it definitely excellerates the fading process for some of my old cystic acne scars. i also use alpha h liquid gold once a week. both of these together seem to work really well for me.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

Caudalie VinoPerfect Radiance Serum. I feel Lancôme Genefique is equally good (though it's not specifically for pigmentation) the Gen. Concentrate just doesn't last as long.

I've tried the Clinique, and after about a week of use I ended up exchanging it for the Lancôme. The Clinique felt way too sticky.

bunnyfoofoo2
Learner
Learner

Post by bunnyfoofoo2 »

The clinique dark spot corrector sucks- doesn't really do anything. I bought the Murad Post Acne Spot Lightening Gel with 2% Hydroquinone skin lightener. My dermatologist said hydroquinone only works to lighen marks on people of darker skin types. I'm caucasian, and he said it won't work on me.

What color skin do you have?

tally20
Talker
Talker

Post by tally20 »

Lancome Dream Tone! I have been using it for a week and I see a difference. I have horrid pigmentation on my left cheek from a long lasting acne spot that not even the most butter thick foundation would cover, now I use a lightweight foundation and it covers it perfectly. I would suggest getting a sample first at the counter. Hope this helps!

JillyBean08
Learner
Learner

Post by JillyBean08 »

I picked up the Ambi fade cream to lighten this one freckle on my cheek and I must say, it hasn't even been a week and it's lighter. I think it won an Allure award so I figured for $8 it was worth a shot!

Blackpearl971
Learner
Learner

Post by Blackpearl971 »

I love using corrector concealer instead of foundation. I also have scars from my previous acne. i have tried different brands and based on my experience, these are the list of my favs.
Drugstore:
-Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. No reason. This concealer is my first love!
-Cover Girl Simply Ageless Corrector. My second choice for drugsiore concealer. This product is just perfect.

High end:
-YSL Touche Eclat. I love how this product blends really well and not thick. Well, just something you'd expect from a luxury brand.
-MAC Studio Finish Concealer. What I need from concealer is thag it conceals without giving my face a cakey feeling/looking and this product satisfied my needs.

From all of the products above, my fav is the one by MAC. It covers my acne scars incredibly without making my face look cakey even though the texture of this product is creamy.

Hope my comment helps!
-blackpearl-

Catsmile
Learner
Learner

Post by Catsmile »

I don't have dark spots at all because my skin is perfect, smooth, and beautiful, all the time.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Catsmile wrote:I don't have dark spots at all because my skin is perfect, smooth, and beautiful, all the time.
And then you wonder why people think you're a troll.

spongecookie
Debater
Debater

Post by spongecookie »

I've heard good things about the Skinceuticals Phyto+ Corrective gel. It's pricy though ($80). Cosmetic Skin Solutions has a dupe for just $29.85!
I have a dark spot from a huge pimple I had on my chin lol. I'm just slathering Peter Thomas Roth's Glycolic Acid moisturiser over it and it seems to be fading, though I'm not sure if that's a result of the product or simply time. I'm not usually prone to hyperpigmentation anyway.

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

I had one from Lancome ages ago (now discontinued with another "whitening" line), and it was amazing and worked very quickly. I do remember it was CRAZY expensive, though but I think Lancome in general have pretty proportionately good products across the board.

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

Catsmile wrote:I don't have dark spots at all because my skin is perfect, smooth, and beautiful, all the time.
I'm sorry, but nobody cares!
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

conflate
Informer
Informer

Post by conflate »

The Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution serum is REALLY good. I broke out really badly for like the first time in my life when I moved back to London after spending a couple of years in the Emirates...still no idea why. Maybe the abrupt climate change. Not the point, anyway, I was super distraught over it, after not really worrying about my skin for most of my life. After clearing up the breakout I had so many scars from pimples, it was horrible. NOTHING worked, until I went into Kiehl's and one of the store assistants recommended this. It worked so well, I used up the whole thing and now my skin is almost totally back to normal, just a couple of small faded scars here and there. Barely noticeable, sheer foundation covers them.

Plus Kiehl's has a guarantee, if it doesn't work for you and you bring the bottle back at least half full, you get a full refund. Which is rare in London, almost every store/brand here has a no return policy on opened products..sooo annoying. Pricey but worth it, imo.

P.S. I promise I don't work for Kiehl's, haha

Return to “Skincare”