emilynoel83 part 2

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: emilynoel83 part 2

Post by Fat Shark »

Lol. What a little scammer. She promised ages ago to do these type of reviews on her regular channel and did a few than stopped. Now she's going to make people sub to a new channel for these types of reviews? :pfff:

I'm surprised she wouldn't have her graphics done by professionals, instead of some random guru.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

Views are sorely lacking. If she's going to get that job at the Promised Land, QVC, she's going to need to have more to show for her efforts on YouTube than a couple channels that average 50-60,000 views/vid. Although, I think she exposed her skills for what they were when she smeared balm on that poor woman with her fingers, then shoved tissue in her mouth to make that matte lip really matte. I think this is panic on her part and nothing more.

andsheleft
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by andsheleft »

makeupnewbie wrote:
andsheleft wrote:1) my hubs and I just moved with Nebraska from a very multicultural town Virginia and I 'get' her being hyper aware of her dark hair. It's bizarre to me to be treated and looked at like I'm this exotic animal just because I have dark hair and eyes. I've never been surrounded by so many wheat colored blondes in my life. Everyone looks nearly identical to me. It's incredibly odd to suddenly be in a place where people come up to me speaking in Spanish or aski what type of native American I am. You're made very aware that you're different solely because of the color of your hair. It's something I never could have fully understood before I moved here.

2) why in the world is she ripping off Bailey from making up the Midwest? good lord.
Girl! I moved to Ohio and omg everyone looked the same! Same hair, same outfits from abercrombie, same everything. It's insanity. I def had people approach me and ask me if i was latin, speak to me in spanish, etc. Craziness.
I remember once Emily writing about her husband's sister's wedding and how he has these two blond twin sisters who don't need much makeup cause they are 'tall and blond.' That kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Growing up in a multicultural town I never felt like blond was the ideal and even in the midwest I always liked feeling different. I feel like Emily has this deep insecurity that perhaps stems from looking a bit different (really short, curvy, and dark-haired) in the cookie-cutter midwest.

It's the weirdest thing isn't it?! Everyone here really is identical. It's definitely bizarre to go from blending in to noticing people stare at you solely because of the color of your hair. In general I enjoy the attention if I'm honest. But I have to wonder what it would be like to grow up completely surrounded by people who look different than you. I can't imagine that's done good things for her self esteem.

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

puppymomma4 wrote:When she calls herself curvy, is she referring to her basic body structure or just where the fat collects? I think curvy is one of those gloss-over-the-truth phrases. She's chubby. She's not doing anything about it. Call a spade a spade.
I don't think she's chubby. She's average weight but busty. That's curvy.

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

I guess it depends on how you frame it. I just happen to think that when you're that short, and you're essentially boobs stacked on short legs with fluffy arms, you look chubby.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

I don't think her over bronzing has anything to do with her being from the Midwest. It's not like she's the only brunette in the Mid West. I think it's more to do with her thinking that makes her beauty routine "complete", as in she feels compelled to use every product available.

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

She certainly isn't the only brunette in Illinois. I'm not even sure she thinks she's that unique for the area, as much as she notices the contrast between the tall, blonde and trim sisters and herself. It's just too obvious for her not to comment on.

andsheleft
Learner
Learner

Post by andsheleft »

Fuchsiarama wrote:I don't think her over bronzing has anything to do with her being from the Midwest. It's not like she's the only brunette in the Mid West. I think it's more to do with her thinking that makes her beauty routine "complete", as in she feels compelled to use every product available.
Oh I agree! Haha, trust me I am far from defending crazy Emily and her fifty shades too dark/too yellow makeup! It's drives me absolutely batty! I'm just saying I can see how she has been conditioned to think she is super dark given her surroundings. Clearly she is just a normal looking, normal toned girl. It's the mindset of her feeling exotic that I find interesting.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

Fuchsiarama wrote:I don't think her over bronzing has anything to do with her being from the Midwest. It's not like she's the only brunette in the Mid West. I think it's more to do with her thinking that makes her beauty routine "complete", as in she feels compelled to use every product available.
So true! She loves the "glam" look so she *needs* bronzer, false lashes, highlighting concealer, regular concealer, corrector, highlighter, dark eyeshadow, etc etc. Does she really emphasize her brunette-ness that much anyway? I doubt she considers herself exotic when her sister also has dark hair and eyes, inherited from their dad.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

anat4ever wrote:
So true! She loves the "glam" look so she *needs* bronzer, false lashes, highlighting concealer, regular concealer, corrector, highlighter, dark eyeshadow, etc etc. Does she really emphasize her brunette-ness that much anyway? I doubt she considers herself exotic when her sister also has dark hair and eyes, inherited from their dad.
Exactly. I also think YT may have had some influence on her as well. I think she watches all these other gooroos and tends to incorporate things she sees in her routines. I'm pretty sure the "rust colored transition shade" is just a mutation something TiffanyD did when I watched her videos, which is using MAC's Soft Brown (an orangey brown) as a transition shade in every single look. Emily didn't have Soft Brown so she used that CG single Golden Sunrise, and it's kind of morphed from there. And Emily has always had a thing for bronzers, but she didn't really do the contouring thing until after she'd been on YT for a couple of years. Also I think part of her orangeness comes from contouring with the wrong shade of bronzer. She has the mentality that matte bronzer = contour shade. This is something that's been bothering me for awhile, because not all matte bronzers make good contour colors!

shermansown

Post by shermansown »

puppymomma4 wrote:I guess it depends on how you frame it. I just happen to think that when you're that short, and you're essentially boobs stacked on short legs with fluffy arms, you look chubby.
It's really hard to be 5 feet tall and not look chubby though, especially with a figure like hers (with boobs and a butt). The only people that manage to do it are 100 lbs or less, which is very hard to stay at as you hit 30 and beyond without being very restrictive.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I always enjoyed her videos up until the stupid Sigma brush cleaner mitt video. There was no need to rave about an oven mitt that you rub your brushes on! Now this whole new channel thing is just annoying - I really can't stand when youtubers have like 3 different channels when there's not really a need for it. If you have one for your beauty stuff and one for vlogging, okay, but there's really not a need for 3 or more!

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

shermansown wrote:
puppymomma4 wrote:I guess it depends on how you frame it. I just happen to think that when you're that short, and you're essentially boobs stacked on short legs with fluffy arms, you look chubby.
It's really hard to be 5 feet tall and not look chubby though, especially with a figure like hers (with boobs and a butt). The only people that manage to do it are 100 lbs or less, which is very hard to stay at as you hit 30 and beyond without being very restrictive.
I think it probably would require more of an effort than starving yourself two days a week and eating garbage the other five. I will agree with that. I don't think it's just people that are five feet tall who have to deal with that as they approach thirty. Most people her age can't eat like they're 20 and still doing college cheer and expect to maintain their weight. It honestly wouldn't bother me if she didn't do her little rigged mirror tricks and let people go on about all the weight she's lost "with the Fast Diet."

KillerBee
Debater
Debater

Post by KillerBee »

I am definately not going to subscribe to her new channel. I don't like the idea of the short "reviews".
I used to watch those on Goss MakeUp Artist's review channel, and I found them so annoying. Hardly any info, just a little swatch in a hurry. I don't know which other guru do that type of reviews also.

I like Emily's shopping list ideas videos more where she also gave quick reviews on things.

The first idea I got when I watched her announcing her "BIG NEWS!" was:
Another place to promote stuff that gets "sent" to her. Another place to rave about Mally, Sigma and QVC's testtube.

I can hardly believe reviews like that will not be paid for... Not all of them certainly. I would get sick of that many products in a short amount of time. But well, she is certainly a hoarder...

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

KillerBee wrote:I am definately not going to subscribe to her new channel. I don't like the idea of the short "reviews".
I used to watch those on Goss MakeUp Artist's review channel, and I found them so annoying. Hardly any info, just a little swatch in a hurry. I don't know which other guru do that type of reviews also.

I like Emily's shopping list ideas videos more where she also gave quick reviews on things.
The first idea I got when I watched her announcing her "BIG NEWS!" was:
Another place to promote stuff that gets "sent" to her. Another place to rave about Mally, Sigma and QVC's testtube.

I can hardly believe reviews like that will not be paid for... Not all of them certainly. I would get sick of that many products in a short amount of time. But well, she is certainly a hoarder...

I definitely liked her shopping list videos. I realize it was essentionally favorites videos, but I always liked the idea of making those videos about the viewers, where she was giving people suggestions on what to shop for, rather than just being about she liked that month. I know it's basically the same, but it was how the products were presented that made the difference. She lost that when she decided to rip off Allure and call them "Best in Beauty". The fact that she changed the concept last year around the time the Allure Best in Beauty edition came out was transparent.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

I don't notice a difference in content except she changed the name. However,something about it subconciously makes me not like them as much, even though I really don't notice a difference. I think she did say she got the best in beauty idea from magazines and that it makes the content of the vid more clear.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

anat4ever wrote:I don't notice a difference in content except she changed the name. However,something about it subconciously makes me not like them as much, even though I really don't notice a difference. I think she did say she got the best in beauty idea from magazines and that it makes the content of the vid more clear.
I agree. She shouldn't have called it Best in Beauty, of all things. She couldn't come up with a better more original name?

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

I guess her vlog on her favorite mags was to reassure her adoring public that the other channels will not suffer at the hands of BB Express.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

Her vlog channel is snooze. Why doesn't she work on that first? LOL. Vlogtober, Vlogmas, Vlogidays, Vlogsgiving, Vlogoween, Vlogurday, come one Emily!

puppymomma4

Post by puppymomma4 »

Oh, that it is. It's just BB Live. I don't see how people watch BB Live after the fact. It's bad enough as it's happening live. I guess, though, it might be tough to come up with vid ideas for the vlog channel. Even her most zealous fans can only watch so much footage of Cupcake, deodorant rants or her latest favorite tortilla chip.

Return to “Emilynoel83”