Michel Janse Part 14: Unapologetic (If That’s Okay With Everyone)

Arcadia
Learner
Learner

Re: Michel Janse Part 14: Unapologetic (If That’s Okay With Everyone)

Post by Arcadia »

Why am I not surprised that she thinks people can and should date if they disagree on all of their core beliefs? If she had genuine conviction about anything, she would hear how insane that sounds.

lagaviota
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lagaviota »

Arcadia wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:16 pm
Why am I not surprised that she thinks people can and should date if they disagree on all of their core beliefs? If she had genuine conviction about anything, she would hear how insane that sounds.
She's completely lacking in any self-awareness. If you are in a relationship in which you don't share core beliefs and SURPRISE! find out that the person was a registered sex offender, and you still don't think you should share core beliefs...well, she's not someone to be sharing any life advice at all!

I've been watching way too much true crime lately because I keep hearing GiGi's voice (Pretty Lies and Alibis) now when I read people's comments on this forum.

itdoesntmatterb
Talker
Talker

Post by itdoesntmatterb »

ok was anyone else absolutely nauseated by the baby voice her and jordy speak in when talking to each other? In the vlog before last where he comes to visit for her bday? Like I expect a little hint of it here and there but that was so over the top they weren’t even using their own voices anymore! Isn’t she 26? I don’t even talk to my kids like this and they are literally babies lol

30pancake
Lurker
Lurker

Post by 30pancake »

Cracking up at the fact she posted this. Her $32 candle isn’t even burning right… the ring around the sides where it won’t melt… yikes

Also shocked she’s getting another nose surgery. I’d love to see her finances because I’m sure this isn’t cheap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sarahmolly451
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Sarahmolly451 »

When I heard her say that she’s never fought with anyone in her entire life, my mouth dropped open. Has she forgotten about the hammer incident with her ex? He threw it at her. How is that not a fight? He could have killed her. Fighting isn’t always yelling and shouting. It takes on many different forms.

Fatema504
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Fatema504 »

itdoesntmatterb wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:10 pm
ok was anyone else absolutely nauseated by the baby voice her and jordy speak in when talking to each other? In the vlog before last where he comes to visit for her bday? Like I expect a little hint of it here and there but that was so over the top they weren’t even using their own voices anymore! Isn’t she 26? I don’t even talk to my kids like this and they are literally babies lol
I Almost THREW UP! The way she said, you got me speakers??? And a record player?

Girl calm tf down, they're just speakers lol

thequinn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thequinn »

I was not a huge Jordy fan but it's not like he seems like a bad guy or anything. Just not my cup of tea. Honestly, this last video of them hanging out and talking seemed the most natural and real I've seen them. Just a couple enjoying each other and feeling it. It's obvious they do care for each other. I do think Michel is in-love which is where all the extra lovely dovey expressions come from. She's really feeling it and that's okay if she wants to be gooey. I've been there and life is too short not to express different sides of yourself. Sometimes people bring out things in you you can only express with them and when yo discover that it can be mind blowing and feel so good that you really just dive into it. Sometimes it feels really good indulge in the extra lovely doviness. Life is hard sometimes and it's nice to feel those things and express them. I think that's all it really is with Michel when she does the baby talk or is very excited to be with him or get nice gifts from him.

Especially b/c I don't think her ex did any of those things. I don't remember him doing much of anything nice for her. Jordy does do nice things for her. And she's gone through a lot of pain so I imagine having this man do nice things for her is healing. If she wants to gush about speakers, who cares? I remember seeing vids with her ex before all the drama blew up and I remember thinking what a turd he was and how he always seemed annoyed and miserable and Michel seemed blind to it b/c she was so sunny. He just didn't even seem like a nice person. Jordy at least seems like a pretty decent person though he has some quirky stuff that is a bit unattractive. But we all have quirky stuff like that that someone else might not like.

I liked the Q&A. I don't necessary agree or disagree with her that you can date people with different beliefs. It can work. It depends on what the beliefs are. It's good to invite people into your life that see things differently.

Happy for her that she tried the wild looking rug. Totally out of the box. Baby steps.

thrifty+fifty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by thrifty+fifty »

thequinn wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:54 am
I was not a huge Jordy fan but it's not like he seems like a bad guy or anything. Just not my cup of tea. Honestly, this last video of them hanging out and talking seemed the most natural and real I've seen them. Just a couple enjoying each other and feeling it. It's obvious they do care for each other. I do think Michel is in-love which is where all the extra lovely dovey expressions come from. She's really feeling it and that's okay if she wants to be gooey. I've been there and life is too short not to express different sides of yourself. Sometimes people bring out things in you you can only express with them and when yo discover that it can be mind blowing and feel so good that you really just dive into it. Sometimes it feels really good indulge in the extra lovely doviness. Life is hard sometimes and it's nice to feel those things and express them. I think that's all it really is with Michel when she does the baby talk or is very excited to be with him or get nice gifts from him.

Especially b/c I don't think her ex did any of those things. I don't remember him doing much of anything nice for her. Jordy does do nice things for her. And she's gone through a lot of pain so I imagine having this man do nice things for her is healing. If she wants to gush about speakers, who cares? I remember seeing vids with her ex before all the drama blew up and I remember thinking what a turd he was and how he always seemed annoyed and miserable and Michel seemed blind to it b/c she was so sunny. He just didn't even seem like a nice person. Jordy at least seems like a pretty decent person though he has some quirky stuff that is a bit unattractive. But we all have quirky stuff like that that someone else might not like.

I liked the Q&A. I don't necessary agree or disagree with her that you can date people with different beliefs. It can work. It depends on what the beliefs are. It's good to invite people into your life that see things differently.

Happy for her that she tried the wild looking rug. Totally out of the box. Baby steps.
Yeah, I'm not going to say she shouldn't be excited on her birthday when Jordy gave her a present. Good for her. Also, after years of squashing her personality down because of her ex it's good that she's trying different things and learning to express herself. That rug is definitely outside her usual comfort zone, it's not my style, but it's bright and cheerful and looks nice in her place.

But yeah, maybe dial back on the baby voices with Jordy and Max

Ddn0711
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Ddn0711 »

I know it’s petty. But I just mostly annoyed at the levain cookies. They very clearly state they are supposed to go in the oven. She acted like she’s a genius to put them in the microwave. I think she considers herself rebellious to not read directions. But it’s just dumb

Bombaleo
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Bombaleo »

Amazed that any influencer would partner with Daily Harvest after the absolute disaster of last year and the way they handled the situation. It says a lot about Michel, honestly.

Hannabanana
Informer
Informer

Post by Hannabanana »

Bombaleo wrote:Amazed that any influencer would partner with Daily Harvest after the absolute disaster of last year and the way they handled the situation. It says a lot about Michel, honestly.
Her standards are on the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlairWaldorf444
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by BlairWaldorf444 »

Sarahmolly451 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:02 pm
Did anyone notice when she talked about the houses she rented that she kept saying SHE secured both those homes? Not WE but SHE --- as in singular. We all know she was married at the time but she didn't seem to mention her ex being involved in those decisions. That's a pretty glaring omission and I'm sure it's going to drive a lot of people to wonder why her husband wasn't mentioned as an active participant in these particular financial decisions. I'm guessing it has to do with his criminal record but naturally she won't acknowledge that because she needs to maintain the pretense that she knew nothing about his crimes while they were together.
I think she said in that way because she was the (only) one paying the rent for that house. She did mention in a video a long time ago that she was responsible for the rent and her ex was responsible for the living expensives like groceries, gas etc. So they splitted the bills in that way.

Also I came across her divorce video the other day and at the top in the comment section was one comment that stated that they have seen her ex multiple times with a woman and two kids? So I guess the woman from a couple months ago is still together with the sex offender 🥴 I‘m really hoping the kids are doing okay…
Also I know this is off topic but I always wondered what do you do for a living if you are a registered sex offender and literally the whole internet knows it?! Or do you guys think he is living off the new girlfriend and thats the reason they are still together? Honestly I just hope she and especially her kids are getting out there safely

Sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes, English is not my first language 🫣

ducksquack
Debater
Debater

Post by ducksquack »

BlairWaldorf444 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:29 pm
Sarahmolly451 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:02 pm
Did anyone notice when she talked about the houses she rented that she kept saying SHE secured both those homes? Not WE but SHE --- as in singular. We all know she was married at the time but she didn't seem to mention her ex being involved in those decisions. That's a pretty glaring omission and I'm sure it's going to drive a lot of people to wonder why her husband wasn't mentioned as an active participant in these particular financial decisions. I'm guessing it has to do with his criminal record but naturally she won't acknowledge that because she needs to maintain the pretense that she knew nothing about his crimes while they were together.
I think she said in that way because she was the (only) one paying the rent for that house. She did mention in a video a long time ago that she was responsible for the rent and her ex was responsible for the living expensives like groceries, gas etc. So they splitted the bills in that way.

Also I came across her divorce video the other day and at the top in the comment section was one comment that stated that they have seen her ex multiple times with a woman and two kids? So I guess the woman from a couple months ago is still together with the sex offender 🥴 I‘m really hoping the kids are doing okay…
Also I know this is off topic but I always wondered what do you do for a living if you are a registered sex offender and literally the whole internet knows it?! Or do you guys think he is living off the new girlfriend and thats the reason they are still together? Honestly I just hope she and especially her kids are getting out there safely

I saw that comment too! It's awful they're still together - I hope her and her kids are safe.

Also wondered about what he's doing for work and someone elsewhere suggested he might still be writing as a "staff writer" without being credited by name. I really hope not but obviously sport doesn't have the best track record for giving a shit about problematic men.

ps. your English is impeccable 👌🏼

Sarahmolly451
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Sarahmolly451 »

ducksquack wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:39 pm
BlairWaldorf444 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:29 pm

I saw that comment too! It's awful they're still together - I hope her and her kids are safe.

Also wondered about what he's doing for work and someone elsewhere suggested he might still be writing as a "staff writer" without being credited by name. I really hope not but obviously sport doesn't have the best track record for giving a shit about problematic men.

ps. your English is impeccable 👌🏼
I don’t have anything to add here but just wanted to say your English is excellent. :)

strayzip
Talker
Talker

Post by strayzip »

I had already ff through a ton of the vlog but shut it off when this happened. :barf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sarahmolly451
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Sarahmolly451 »

strayzip wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:30 pm
I had already ff through a ton of the vlog but shut it off when this happened. :barf:
Ugh. That was super annoying. As was him gluing his cheek to her face while she talked to the camera. I’m not telling them not to be lovey dovey in real life but they could scale it back just a bit for the vlog.

chitown22
Learner
Learner

Post by chitown22 »

I think they’ll just become a Youtube family like the Labrants. His music career is likely not going to pick up anymore than it is right now and she seems to have no other interests than being a wife and making money off click bait, crappy content and sponsorships. They’ll play off of Jordy being a musician and Michel being divorced as their brand forever. I don’t see them doing anything else at all.

Sarahmolly451
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Sarahmolly451 »

thequinn wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:54 am

I do really love that rug. The general aesthetic of the apartment as a whole is really neutral and controlled so it’s nice to see a few touches of whimsy here and there.

I’m all for her expressing the many sides of herself with him as much as she wants —- off camera. I agree it must be nice for her to be with someone who truly appreciates all of her and it’s a wonderful feeling to be in that kind of a relationship. Especially given how toxic her last relationship
was.

I also do not think he’s a bad guy. He’s made some really lovely gestures in their relationship. That album her made her was incredibly sweet. I think he does really love her and that’s awesome for her.

But as far as watching their relationship on the vlog goes…she chooses what to show her audience. And it’s obnoxious to watch them holding each other while she talks into the camera. She doesn’t have to feature that so heavily in her videos. It’s not hurting anyone but it’s annoying. Couples who are hot and heavy with each other privately know not to paw at each other in public.

Yes, it’s her vlog. She gets to do what she wants. And I get that the point of her vlog is to show her life. But as a consumer of that content, her interactions with Jordy are just kind of gross to watch. She could tone it down on her channel. We KNOW how much they care about each other. They don’t need to perform it for the camera.

strayzip
Talker
Talker

Post by strayzip »

I think she shows the lovey-dovey crap to make it seem real and to prove beyond a doubt to all her followers that THEY ARE BOYFRIEND and GIRLFRIEND! Its like how she shills all the crap that is THE BEST, HER FAVORITE, the ONLY ONE TO BUY! Just like that. She has to shout it out loud for all of her doubters to hear. Over and over again. Shove it down our throats (if that's OK with everyone).

Sarahmolly451
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Sarahmolly451 »

strayzip wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:16 am
I think she shows the lovey-dovey crap to make it seem real and to prove beyond a doubt to all her followers that THEY ARE BOYFRIEND and GIRLFRIEND! Its like how she shills all the crap that is THE BEST, HER FAVORITE, the ONLY ONE TO BUY! Just like that. She has to shout it out loud for all of her doubters to hear. Over and over again. Shove it down our throats (if that's OK with everyone).
Agreed. The way they act in front of the camera feels very performative to me —- it feels like they are trying to make a point rather than just being a naturally loving couple.

I wonder if they aren’t trying to send her ex a message too with their behaviour on camera. I think she’s trying to make him jealous by flaunting all the lovey-doviness from Jordy as much as possible. And I think Jordy’s trying to show up Brook by really laying it on thick with all the physical affection.

Return to “Michel Janse”