Debater

Re: The Asad Sisters - Wifed and No Life: Part 6

Post by Liyasaned »

yayme clapclap wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:10 am
miramoutt wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:14 am
Okay I don’t want to be gross but Loren needs to cover her toes

One of her reels was on my explore page and I literally gasped. Her feet look like they have claws
Call me weird but it frustrates me how much all 3 sisters love showing off their feet :rofl:

Much like Alaina brings views from pedophiles, their feet brings views from guys with foot fetishes. These girls are both dumb and smart. NOTHING is an accident with them. They notice a spike in views and sales, theyll do anything.

lurker3
Informer
Informer

Post by lurker3 »

Toshinori7 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:43 am
yom0606 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:40 pm

Why is marriage such a big goal for Arabs? No hate, just curious. I’m not arab so I never grew up with that pressure. I always felt like the current world that we live in makes it easier for women to provide for themselves so I’ve never prioritized finding someone of the opposite gender. Don’t know if any of you guys can relate or not.
Marriage is a HUGE deal for Muslims. It is completing half of one's deen. Prophet Muhammad S.A.W (PBUH) said that “Whoever marries has achieved one half of one's religion.” I am not Muslim, however I am desi, and have a lot of friends and relatives who are Muslim. Marriage is extremely significant, culturally as well, to Arabs, Desis, Somalis, etc. Growing up, as girls, we were told we could not do certain things until we were married. Just scour tiktok #desitok or #Arabproblems etc. and you will see lots of girls voicing this. I constantly see girls stating they won't feel free until they are married because they can then travel, stay out late, and a bunch of other things their families won't allow them to do or look at them with disdain if they do it while unmarried.

Also I agree with the other commentor, I am almost done with an engineering degree. I do not even want to be an engineer, I want to be a stay at home Mom, however, my parents won't let me get married until after my education has finished. I will be finding an easy government job when I get married and just do that for structure and botox money. I know all the bills we be taken care of by my husband.
I am somali and somalis are definitely not similar to your culture in this respect. There is no pressure to get married at a young age and parents are not restrictive - there is nothing I can do as a married woman that I can’t do now as an unmarried woman.

yom0606
Informer
Informer

Post by yom0606 »

Toshinori7 wrote:
yom0606 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:40 pm

Why is marriage such a big goal for Arabs? No hate, just curious. I’m not arab so I never grew up with that pressure. I always felt like the current world that we live in makes it easier for women to provide for themselves so I’ve never prioritized finding someone of the opposite gender. Don’t know if any of you guys can relate or not.
Marriage is a HUGE deal for Muslims. It is completing half of one's deen. Prophet Muhammad S.A.W (PBUH) said that “Whoever marries has achieved one half of one's religion.” I am not Muslim, however I am desi, and have a lot of friends and relatives who are Muslim. Marriage is extremely significant, culturally as well, to Arabs, Desis, Somalis, etc. Growing up, as girls, we were told we could not do certain things until we were married. Just scour tiktok #desitok or #Arabproblems etc. and you will see lots of girls voicing this. I constantly see girls stating they won't feel free until they are married because they can then travel, stay out late, and a bunch of other things their families won't allow them to do or look at them with disdain if they do it while unmarried.

Also I agree with the other commentor, I am almost done with an engineering degree. I do not even want to be an engineer, I want to be a stay at home Mom, however, my parents won't let me get married until after my education has finished. I will be finding an easy government job when I get married and just do that for structure and botox money. I know all the bills we be taken care of by my husband.
I know getting married means completing half of your deen but I feel like there is more pressure in arab culture. As a non arab, I was never pressured to find a husband in college the way a lot of my arab friends were. That’s why I was never surprised to see the asad sisters get married so young, like Loren was 19 at her Fatiha. I don’t think I could’ve seen myself getting married at 19, I wasn’t mature enough nor was I ready to take such a huge step in my life.

miramoutt
Talker
Talker

Post by miramoutt »

Liyasaned wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:08 am
yayme clapclap wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:10 am

Call me weird but it frustrates me how much all 3 sisters love showing off their feet :rofl:

Much like Alaina brings views from pedophiles, their feet brings views from guys with foot fetishes. These girls are both dumb and smart. NOTHING is an accident with them. They notice a spike in views and sales, theyll do anything.
This is what I thought too. More than that tho it’s sad that all of this content is for money from Amazon or Walmart. If it were Burberry or Chanel I would get it lol but it’s just selling trash to followers

and what’s funny is all of this is them obsessed with looking rich. No matter how much money you get girls or how big the house, no one with half a wit will ever think you are rich. Money doesn’t act like this

yom0606
Informer
Informer

Post by yom0606 »

lurker3 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:35 am
Toshinori7 wrote:

I am somali and somalis are definitely not similar to your culture in this respect. There is no pressure to get married at a young age and parents are not restrictive - there is nothing I can do as a married woman that I can’t do now as an unmarried woman.
Agreed! I’ve seen a lot of Arab girls say they can’t wait to get married so they can finally have freedom which really surprised me. The only thing my parents were strict about was not letting me dress unmodestly or being in a haram relationship

miramoutt
Talker
Talker

Post by miramoutt »

I wonder what Omar’s Syrian side thinks of all this tbh. I grew up with a lot of Syrians and I’ve never met one who was comfortable with showing off, they are more subtle with their money even when they are multimillionaires in mansions

bluebells0703
Learner
Learner

Post by bluebells0703 »

miramoutt wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:10 am
I wonder what Omar’s Syrian side thinks of all this tbh. I grew up with a lot of Syrians and I’ve never met one who was comfortable with showing off, they are more subtle with their money even when they are multimillionaires in mansions
That's so counter to my experience with Syrians: flashy, extravagant, gaudy, materialistic.

yom0606
Informer
Informer

Post by yom0606 »

bluebells0703 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:43 am
miramoutt wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:10 am
That's so counter to my experience with Syrians: flashy, extravagant, gaudy, materialistic.

Same. I don’t know what the Syrians in Texas are like but the Syrians in chicago are very materialistic & flashy.

miramoutt
Talker
Talker

Post by miramoutt »

yom0606 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:57 am
bluebells0703 wrote:

Same. I don’t know what the Syrians in Texas are like but the Syrians in chicago are very materialistic & flashy.
In California I couldn’t describe the wealthiest Syrians as flashy.. gaudy yea and definitely materialistic but never in your face about it or posting things in a way to like show their wealth

Liyasaned
Debater
Debater

Post by Liyasaned »

yom0606 wrote:
bluebells0703 wrote:

I’m from Chicago. I think you’re confusing Assyrian with Syrian. There are two verrrrrrrrrry different cultures.

yom0606
Informer
Informer

Post by yom0606 »

Liyasaned wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:34 am
yom0606 wrote:

I’m from Chicago. I think you’re confusing Assyrian with Syrian. There are two verrrrrrrrrry different cultures.
Probably!! I’m not from there but I have family there so i visit often

Mustbeuniqke
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mustbeuniqke »

Ramadan Kareem everyone.

Here in California the Syrians are very showy. As in metallic silver like mirror car at eid showy. But at least that shows some personality. The Asad and Marah are just so bland too be such show offs.

amazondupe
Informer
Informer

Post by amazondupe »

glitterlatte wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:27 am
yom0606 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:52 pm

The way she’s also copying leena by constantly wearing pink & nude toned hijabs 😭 like girl that color is not flattering at all
Sorry but I had to say this… Marah looks bad in hijab for some reason. Like something’s off. Her paleness and big nose stand out, maybe? Looks washed out. She needs to do darker eye makeup, or a winged eyeliner, and bolden/contour her face up for the hijab to look good. Otherwise she just looks like a little 13 year old girl wearing it.
agreed, i mean I know hijab isn't meant to be worn for fashion, but i cringed so bad when i saw her put it on. it is not flattering at all !!! It seems like she's copying Leena's fashion tape hijab style :rofl: & it's not working !! The beige just washes her out & how much of her undercap showing isn't cute either. She's just trying so hard. It doesn't feel real at all to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yom0606
Informer
Informer

Post by yom0606 »

amazondupe wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:58 pm
glitterlatte wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:27 am

Sorry but I had to say this… Marah looks bad in hijab for some reason. Like something’s off. Her paleness and big nose stand out, maybe? Looks washed out. She needs to do darker eye makeup, or a winged eyeliner, and bolden/contour her face up for the hijab to look good. Otherwise she just looks like a little 13 year old girl wearing it.
agreed, i mean I know hijab isn't meant to be worn for fashion, but i cringed so bad when i saw her put it on. it is not flattering at all !!! It seems like she's copying Leena's fashion tape hijab style :rofl: & it's not working !! The beige just washes her out & how much of her undercap showing isn't cute either. She's just trying so hard. It doesn't feel real at all to me.
Where was that photo from? I think she looks better with the black hijab.

Urbnctfrs
Learner
Learner

Post by Urbnctfrs »

miramoutt wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:14 am
Okay I don’t want to be gross but Loren needs to cover her toes

One of her reels was on my explore page and I literally gasped. Her feet look like they have claws
Hahaahahahah omg yes. They all have the ugliest feet. I can’t believe she shows them voluntarily. Their toes are long as fuck and their nail shape is so gross to me.

Urbnctfrs
Learner
Learner

Post by Urbnctfrs »

Why the fuck does she chew her drinks? Her entire existence annoys me lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

orbitsalad
Learner
Learner

Post by orbitsalad »

I agree it's so gross whenever any of them shows their feet. It just makes me so uncomfortable. Also Leena when she shows her feet and ankles... idk it's her ankle shape combined with her annoying pose with the popped leg and her bare feet/exposed toes just make her ankle seem bigger?

I get major try hard vibes from Marah, and the dynamic between her and Leena seems so weird. They barely acknowledge each other even though they basically grew up together. Marah seems to try really hard to project a wholesome image but with the same always must be polished and aesthetic and fashionable vibe as the asads. Maybe she genuinely does enjoy being a mom and loves to post about her son and other hacks/recipes/products, but the way that she talks is exactly the same as the asads when her following is not as big, and she's not talking about anything new or different. It's basically the same content as the asads. If she posted different content and not just the same cookie cutter stuff, it would be so much more engaging. She's a sonographer! She can post so much about that side of her life! Or arabic videos with her husband! The video they did about the different words they use for the same things was fun.

It doesn't really matter that she seems to love being a mom (which at least is more than can be said for Leena). I think showing your child's face on the internet when they cannot consent, especially when you have a following, is not right. (same goes for every mom/family influencer out there, and of course Leena and Alaina.)

Finally, idk if it's just me, but when I first saw Marah's videos, something felt really off about her, and I couldn't figure it out until I realized it's her mouth. When she talks, you can never see her top teeth. Even when she's smiling and talking, you can't see her teeth. Idk maybe it's lip filler? Maybe it's just the way she talks? But in her earliest videos you can see her teeth when she smiles, and she's so much prettier.

allforthegram
Informer
Informer

Post by allforthegram »

I get the impression that Omar's family come from very humble beginnings in Syria. There's nothing flashy about them, which is why it's weird that Omar and Leena paired up because she seems to be all about the image. Even when Omar 'dresses up' he looks like he's heading over to his friend's house to watch TV. His family are probably inwardly gutted he married someone like Leena. I think they seem really down to earth. Marah is the baby and spoilt and probably had a different life to the others. Marah looks like she's trying to be a clone of Leena which is sad, she could do interesting content but chooses not to.

allforthegram
Informer
Informer

Post by allforthegram »

orbitsalad wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:55 pm
I agree it's so gross whenever any of them shows their feet. It just makes me so uncomfortable. Also Leena when she shows her feet and ankles... idk it's her ankle shape combined with her annoying pose with the popped leg and her bare feet/exposed toes just make her ankle seem bigger?

I get major try hard vibes from Marah, and the dynamic between her and Leena seems so weird. They barely acknowledge each other even though they basically grew up together. Marah seems to try really hard to project a wholesome image but with the same always must be polished and aesthetic and fashionable vibe as the asads. Maybe she genuinely does enjoy being a mom and loves to post about her son and other hacks/recipes/products, but the way that she talks is exactly the same as the asads when her following is not as big, and she's not talking about anything new or different. It's basically the same content as the asads. If she posted different content and not just the same cookie cutter stuff, it would be so much more engaging. She's a sonographer! She can post so much about that side of her life! Or arabic videos with her husband! The video they did about the different words they use for the same things was fun.

It doesn't really matter that she seems to love being a mom (which at least is more than can be said for Leena). I think showing your child's face on the internet when they cannot consent, especially when you have a following, is not right. (same goes for every mom/family influencer out there, and of course Leena and Alaina.)

Finally, idk if it's just me, but when I first saw Marah's videos, something felt really off about her, and I couldn't figure it out until I realized it's her mouth. When she talks, you can never see her top teeth. Even when she's smiling and talking, you can't see her teeth. Idk maybe it's lip filler? Maybe it's just the way she talks? But in her earliest videos you can see her teeth when she smiles, and she's so much prettier.
Wow, the contrast is so noticeable. How could she have aged 20 years between the two pictures? She looks very botoxed, but I think she said she's never had it?

Return to “The Asad Sisters”