Michele Wang

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Michele Wang

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

Dooyoo8675 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:12 am
I just personally don't find her attractive or easy to look at. She doesn't have the kind of face that inspires me to duplicate the look on myself. Sorry but that's how I feel.
Oooo shots fired … 😆

I kind of… understand what you mean though. I don’t think she’s ugly, and I’m not trying to be mean — she has a totally normal, classic face. I just don’t think she has a face for makeup per se.

She has the type of face that just eats/disintegrates makeup. I mean that both literally and figuratively.

Literally, in the sense that she starts looking patchy and oily almost immediately after application. Nothing seems to last on her for more than an hour.

Figuratively, in the sense that makeup doesn’t really translate well on her face/there doesn’t seem to be much of a difference before and after. I feel like she could put 10lbs of foundation on and a full-on smokey eye…and it would still look like she’s barely wearing anything. It’s so bizarre.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Nobody looking at that wristlet bag thinks “oh, I need that.”

Dooyoo8675
Talker
Talker

Post by Dooyoo8675 »

I know!!!! Even if she piled it on and it still looks like nothing!!!!!!! It's the strangest thing. As for a wristlet......what a waste!!

pardonnemoi
Learner
Learner

Post by pardonnemoi »

I think Michele looks normal. The makeup doesn't always show up very well and her looks end up looking similar even when she wears different colors.

The wristlet was probably included to show off the brand logo. Forgot to mention that another moment that shocked me was when Michele bought Chanel pillows for her home. The pillows just looked kitsch. It feels like Michele just buys things to show off the brand name, without much discernment. :?

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

Lol it's February and she still has her Christmas tree up...

It's also kind of funny (in a sad way) how she didn't even decorate it with ornaments...it's just an empty tree. (Which I guess resembles the rest of her house and her personality).

Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 2.14.41 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

She has the type of face that just eats/disintegrates makeup. I mean that both literally and figuratively.

Literally, in the sense that she starts looking patchy and oily almost immediately after application. Nothing seems to last on her for more than an hour.
I think it’s her skincare. She wears a lot of it and it’s heavy stuff for dry skin. It’s the creams that are eating up the makeup and making it look patchy. Essentially the creams turn her dry skin oily, great for the dry skin but not playing well with the makeup. To avoid that she needs to use less of the skin care or let it soak in longer before putting makeup on it.

I wonder if she filmed the Christmas tree footage a month or two ago. At least I hope she is not that depressed to leave her tree up.

Latest video shows her going to a custom Louis Vuitton shopping experience. I can’t watch it. I don’t mind watching J* go to LV and order a custom pink car because it’s so outrageous nobody would want it. Michele is gonna spend the same budget on boring and bland.

AnxiousSusa
Learner
Learner

Post by AnxiousSusa »

re that christmas tree... i should mention that i like michele so i am prob more lenient. to me she seems to be someone who is not at all fussed with having her house picture or designer perfect and also as someone who gets comfortable quickly with provisional, temporary environments and just doesn't "see" them after a while. i'm kind of like that myself.

i just wish she would do something with her hair. not the white, that's fine but the length is wrong for her when she wears it open and those are not "fly-aways" anymore, those are a situation that needs major smooth taming badly. as it is, i find the discrepancy huge between her expensive clothing (even if it is 10 times to large) and her hair, it just looks so messy and kind of bag-ladyish. she looks very fine though when she has her hair pulled back.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

The hair bothers me too. For so long she said “I don’t color it” but now she clearly uses comb-on dye on top. When she puts the hair up you can see it’s all gray on the underside. Really almost no one over 50 looks good with long shaggy hair.

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

Doesn’t she also only get her haircut at a stylist in nyc like once a year? I get that it sucks to move away from a stylist you love, but she seriously can’t find a single good stylist in Vegas to get regular trims? That would probably help her hair look at lot better. I don’t think she needs to cover the greys at all but her hair could look a lot better than it does imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Haven’t watched Michele in awhile and I was interested in the Cle de Peau cushion review so I watched hers. The product left a white cast on her skin from the sunscreen ingredient, which she didn’t seem to notice or she just overlooked it. At least that much was helpful to know so I didn’t buy it. So then I ventured into the “February favorites” which were all of products I didn’t know anything about. My mistake.

Hard-sell-Michele trying to convince everyone she uses 5 treatment moisturizers in a month as her “favorites.” Dig a little deeper into her links and you see the Sisley had a panel of freebie reviews added in February at Saks, so promotion there. Shiseido was PR and also part of her Nordstrom contract I’m sure. The Tatcha was a mention but it was Sephora, as was the Valentino, again obvious. I didn’t make it through the video to the lip products.

Gonna be awhile again for me. Peach eyeshadow back in every video starting in February as it’s been the past 4 years. It will be peach until at least September.

AnxiousSusa
Learner
Learner

Post by AnxiousSusa »

she actually got her hair cut in las vegas and i am not mad at it. it is still longer but the guy cut framing layers and that looks so much better than the hair just hanging there.

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

It's so obnoxious how she'll use words like "genius" or "revolutionary" or "inspiring" or "impactful" to describe totally mundane things that we've all seen before. It's annoying how she says everything with such severity, as if she's on another level of consciousness and she's found the secret to world peace or something.

Um...it's just a candle, Michele. Chill. :roll:

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

She’s picking up on fashion, so she’s starting to sound like a Vogue article where every designer is “inspiring” and “revolutionary” and “genius.”

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

Of course she forgot she made a reservation at a (very expensive) restaurant. :roll:

It's not only rude to her husband, but it's rude to the restaurant. I really resent the notion that self-care or not feeling up for something gives you a free pass to be rude and entitled. It doesn't.

And she had the audacity to complain about the cancelation fee, and how she decided to go to avoid the fee. Um...tbh I don't blame them for charging a cancelation fee...they could've lost business because of her and it's also people like her that have caused the fee system to begin with.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 6.26.06 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

She looks like she hasn’t been outside at all. Clearly doesn’t do running anymore, in Vegas she would have a face tan no matter how high the SPF. I still think she is major depressed. I think her life is with same-day Amazon ordering and Doordash for her almond milk. She goes out to mail packages and pick up a Target order. I hope she is finally starting to wonder why she thought she needed a $20k Chanel 19 bag, or any bag larger than a wallet.

Silverwinged
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silverwinged »

OOP here we go again.
3hr declutter of 10's of thousands of dollars of luxury beauty.... beyond depressing.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Post by Muriel Bananafish »

Seriously, that declutter was grim. At one point, she had to apologize for her "cleaning crew," who were outside the door vacuuming that cavernous pit of gloom she calls home. What does Michele do, besides pad around in $600 slippers and size-XXXXXXL cashmere crewnecks, and shop?

Her declutters always gall me, because they're obscene - for about a dozen reasons. But what caught my attention in this one was that she actually sells shit on Mercari?! How much money does a person need? And she's charging not-small amounts, from what I saw.

I have a Mercari store, and I sell high-end, barely used products at a DEEP discount, since I figure I've gotta make it worthwhile for a person to buy second-hand, pay high shipping rates, and deal with the feedback requirement. If I'm charging basically the same as retail, or close to it, why wouldn't the shopper just go buy the item new? This month, I was thrilled that I made enough with my Mercari side hustle to cover my electric bill. Somehow, I don't think I live in Michele Wang's world.

I get that some of Michele's Mercari offerings were LE, but still. Just add everything to your donation/give-to-friends piles. I hope all that cash keeps her cozy. What a depressing, empty, excessive life.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Haven't watched her since August, and the declutter I always watch because I knew her collection well for a long time. Very little of it is left.

She has really shifted over to lifestyle, of course that's how she sees herself. Seems like she has accepted that she isn't really interested in makeup and doesn't really wear it so much anymore. It is now fully a job, with a mostly cool detachment. Her collection is now more PR than anything else, her OG makeup is down to a few collector pieces.

She is spending relatively little on makeup, and she is leaning into the PR brands fully. She now keeps what they send her until it's old or discontinued, or she gets newer shades from them. Doesn't matter about using any of it. It's about keeping the brands happy and the PR rolling in. She doesn't need to spend much on makeup or skin care anymore. Mainly just the Chanel stuff she still has to buy, but she is fine with wearing and keeping the Nars and Bobbi Brown now. She isn't actually less snobbish, she just doesn't care. It's convenient to get free makeup and put her own money into clothes or whatever else. Or, like buy Advent calendars.

This is probably more honest than the depressed period a year or two ago when she pretended to be interested and just wasn't. Seems to be in a better place with featuring her overall "self" just as a rich lady. Whether that interests anyone is up to them.

She said maybe on the Mercari, for the Chanel blushes. Everyone frothing. Mercari is a good place to sell, if she does it, the site doesn't really have much luxury makeup, because it probably goes fast. The site has mostly drugstore.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Saw her in a Cassie Thorpe IG post, they did some NY YouTube event talking onstage. Michele buys whatever Cassie posts. This must have been her great day to appear with her fashion idol. There she was in frumpy black clothing and makeup 3 shades deeper than her neck.

Brizgos
Informer
Informer

Post by Brizgos »

Is it just me or does anyone else get the impression that her dog Butters isn’t very fond of her ? Butters seems to jump and cuddle up to all Michele’s house visitors but totally ignores Michele .

Return to “K-O”