Shay Carl: Part 44 Nearing End Of Year, Any Better?

Dixen
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Shay Carl: Part 44 Nearing End Of Year, Any Better?

Post by Dixen »

Dixen wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:03 pm
kz84 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:10 pm
So, they made a sort of reply video to Danna's video. As usual, they are full of shit. They're saying "We've worked on our marriage and been through a lot" blah blah blah LOL and their comments are full of people supporting them.

I'm so fucking disappointed in Colette. What a dumpster fire of a woman! It's one thing that she chose to stay after her husband betrayed her and humiliated her in front of thousands of people. It's POSSIBLE that the marriage still could have worked with time and effort on his part. But.. he continued to cheat on her?? At this point, she just has no backbone or self respect. And now she's choosing to stay with him while a woman has come out and said that he sexually harassed her and others.

Your husband went on a fucking podcast and sat there completely dismissing your pain and making everything about himself. He and his buddy, Roman Atwood, sat there saying "It was blown out of proportion" while you just sat there like the idiot you are. How the fuck have you and your husband "worked on it" if, after all these years, he's still shrugging it off and gaslighting you??

Colette didn't bother replying to Danna when she told her the truth and now she sits here beside her husband in a video, not even acknowledging what happened to Danna... Ima just say it... Colette is "nice" but she's not a genuinely nice person. She is surface level nice but her soul is as rotten as her husband.

And their fucking fans are going to Danna's video and leaving shitty comments like "Why are you saying all this now?" JFC.

Im not buying it, seems a bit strange to me that she comes out now 4 years after when things are going better between Shay and Colette, and then also saying she knows other girls who told her he did the same thing to them. Sorry but not buying it. And why wait so long?

Yes Shay fucked up but we are long past that now.
Okay I just watched her video and take back some of what I said, was just the timing coming out with this now that I found strange. I scrolled down far in the comments but didnt see any of the negative comments towards her, maybe she deleted them.

bharshe00
Informer
Informer

Post by bharshe00 »

I really don't understand how anyone can accused Danna of making it up. Come on.

Shay's channel is bleeding. He used to get a million or so views per video, now it's in the 50,000-90,000 range. The Internet has, for the most part, moved on. He's irrelevant, despite his best efforts. His tweets get very few replies. He did the podcast with Roman Atwood which got less than half a million views, even though Roman Atwood's other interviews with Vitaly, Cleetus McFarland, and Noah Atwood all broke a million. Hell, Danna's own video got less than 50,000 views!

Shaycarl is no longer the "Father of YouTube." The only fans he has are those who watched him close to a decade ago. He's not picking up new fans, and those he has will continue to slowly fall off. His "career" is over.

Danna gained nothing from talking about Shay. Even before her video went up, she knew she would have gained nothing. And, if she was lying, this would be a simple slander case for Shay, who definitely has the means to sue if someone were to lie about him like this.

She has little to gain, everything to lose. How dare anyone accuse her of making it up. Shay himself has admitted he's done wrong things. His own friends have discussed his alcoholism and how impulsive he acts. Hell, Shay made out with LisaNova and HiImRawn at the streamys when he was plastered. For him to flirt with a woman while drunk is completely believable, and in line with every other thing that Shay has admitted to.

Nothing she says goes against who we know him to be. Nothing she's ever done has given me the impression that she would be willing to betray those who have been there for her. I believe Danna, a thousand percent.

bharshe00
Informer
Informer

Post by bharshe00 »

I've just watched Shay's video. I sort of thought they'd at least address it, or try to dispute it, but no.

For those who don't want to watch it: Colette and Shay are in the car talking about how they've been through a lot, and, in Colette's words, "almost went through a divorce," and there's lots of things they don't want to share or talk about. They said they make the vlogs for themselves to have fun memories (which is nonsense, since that was their entire career and they've admitted to doing fun activities just for the sake of content.) And so, to them, talking about negative things, or "explaining" things, just isn't what the vlogs are about.

Shay then goes off talking about how young people wrote in saying the vlogs "raised them" and they were suicidal until they watched Shay. Which is really sad, and I'm glad that they were able to get enjoyment and fulfillment from watching online content. But that doesn't excuse all of the other people that were hurt along the way. That doesn't excuse what happened to Danna.

Anyway, despite the 11 minute video, they only spend 4 minutes being serious, then they start filming themselves shopping and being stupid.

Even if you're a die-hard Shaycarl fan, not once does he dispute, or even allude to, anything that Danna said being false or exaggerated. They basically say "Yeah, we've been through a lot, and there's lots of things we don't want to talk about, so we just won't." For his fans to watch that, hear those words, then to try to paint Danna as a liar, is ridiculous. At no point in Shay's own video does he try to even attempt to downplay it. He knows it happened, but he and Colette are just saying "Let's move on and ignore it!"

Give me a break.

Glissandra
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Glissandra »

I bet Shay wants to have another kid just because he thinks it may revive his dead vlogging career. 🙄 I don’t think even a set of triplets could do that.

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

I believe her but the story was a bit odd, first she goes she was standing with him in the kitchen then next she goes he had gone up to her bedroom. How did he manage to go from her kitchen to her bedroom? if I was in that situation, I wouldnt have followed him into the bedroom. I would have got my brother to throw him out.

It was a dumb move on her part to even take a job with him after the webcam incident. Anyways im glad she got paid what she felt she was owed

Shay has always been pervy with women, I remember when he would hit on Jackson's sister.

GirlMeetsGossip
Learner
Learner

Post by GirlMeetsGossip »

I believe things happened the way Danna describes it, however I think Shay is clueless enough to have felt like it was within his right to sleep over at a house he was paying $1500 a month for especially when there were 5+ bedrooms. He has poor boundaries and wouldn’t get why a male employer shouldn’t lay on a female employee’s bed and say he’s attracted to her...think about how we’ve seen him act with most women in the past 15 years (including the gross interactions with his own sister).

kz84
Informer
Informer

Post by kz84 »

I believe Danna and I thought she was pretty respectful in how she spoke about it all. It didn't come off as her chasing clout or trying to stir the pot. I believe her when she says that she kept it a secret this entire time to protect the children involved. She nannied those kids at one point so I don't think It's surprising that she developed an attachment to them and their wellbeing. She was on The Dad Challenge Podcast or wtv the fuck it's called and there were times where he was trying to get her to spill some sort of extra tea or details about the family's private lives and she didn't at all seem down to do that. She straight up at one point looked annoyed and said "IDK?" when he was pushing for irrelevant details. I think she comes across as authentic. And, I mean, she's been alluding to this for years now... you can see discussions about it in past threads here.

Plus, Danna said that there are other victims. I do recall there being talk of him way back hitting on this other Youtuber who's name is totally slipping me right now. I think she was a bit on the bigger side, possibly blonde, and may have been friends with Alli Speed?

Plus, Trisha Paytas (Who is absolute trash and not very credible but this was a couple of years ago when she was a little more... grounded??) said that there is a popular family vlogger who portrays himself to be this great father and husband but is actually really scummy and gets around. I remember people here speculating that it was him. So I think, just like his drinking, his cheating and his sexual harassment of others may have been an open secret in the Youtube world.

I do, however, agree that Danna made some poor choices in judgement when she continued to be his friend after the cheating scandal. She did acknowledge this though in her video.

I thought It was interesting how Danna mentions that, at the time, Shay's best friend himself said that she should ask Shay for money and that he will give it to her. That the best friend was on her side. I wonder who this person could be?? The only person who's coming to mind is Charles Trippy. I stopped watching him after the whole Alli/Ali shit but, all in all, I do think Charles is a decent enough guy to be against something like sexual harassment and probably doesn't see eye to eye on a lot of things with Shay. I remember it was always Shay who was parading Charles around as his "bestie" and Charles always just seemed annoyed by him.

The only other friends of Shay's I can think of are Philip DeFranco (Unpopular opinion: Never liked him) and Roman Shitwood, who recently had Shay and Colette on his Podcast and was sitting there supporting Shay and dismissing the atrocity of what he did. I remember there was KassimG but I don't really see him as being a particularly morally upstanding guy either, from what I remember about him. Am I missing someone?

It's interesting how Ned Fulmer of The Try Guys cheated on his wife and the whole internet is shitting on him right now, rightfully so. But Shaytards fans are being downright dismissive and going to Danna's videos and calling her an attention whore and whatnot. Shaytard fans are as shitty as Shay and Colette :? Any of the good people stopped watching :D

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

kz84 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:39 pm
Plus, Danna said that there are other victims. I do recall there being talk of him way back hitting on this other Youtuber who's name is totally slipping me right now. I think she was a bit on the bigger side, possibly blonde, and may have been friends with Alli Speed?
That would be Meghan Tonjes.

I remember some story about a party at someone's house they were all at. I can't remember if Shay hit on Meghan or if Meghan witnessed him be inappropriate with someone else. I also recall Meghan having a podcast with another woman (whose name I can't remember) who talked about Shay coming on to her.

But beyond all of that...

Let's get this straight...

Shay drives to Danna's house drunk.

Shay refuses an Uber and drives away from Danna's house still drunk.

Why isn't anyone honing in on his drunk driving and how horrible it is?

And I've said it in a previous post... He is such a piece of shit for portraying the cam girl situation as being one night of texting. It was so much more.

And fucking Colette... When Shay screws things up again, she deserves every bit of pain and embarrassment he will cause her.

kz84
Informer
Informer

Post by kz84 »

Presence wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:31 am
kz84 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:39 pm
That would be Meghan Tonjes.

I remember some story about a party at someone's house they were all at. I can't remember if Shay hit on Meghan or if Meghan witnessed him be inappropriate with someone else. I also recall Meghan having a podcast with another woman (whose name I can't remember) who talked about Shay coming on to her.

But beyond all of that...

Let's get this straight...

Shay drives to Danna's house drunk.

Shay refuses an Uber and drives away from Danna's house still drunk.

Why isn't anyone honing in on his drunk driving and how horrible it is?

And I've said it in a previous post... He is such a piece of shit for portraying the cam girl situation as being one night of texting. It was so much more.

And fucking Colette... When Shay screws things up again, she deserves every bit of pain and embarrassment he will cause her.
Yes! It was Meghan Tonjes. Thank you.

Right?! Why is no one calling him out for all the drunk driving?? His cousin already killed a woman with his drunk driving and Shay probably learnt nothing from that and is still doing it. They're absolutely shitty people. Sad that, so far, not a single one of his children are showing signs of being any different. Gavin was so emotionally intelligent as a kid and look at him now...

bharshe00
Informer
Informer

Post by bharshe00 »

Shay and Colette both sent messages to Danna after her video, and she showed them.

Not sure how either one of them could watch her video, and decide that writing the equivalent of "Sorry things didn't work out <3 " would make anything better. It's clear they didn't really watch it at all.
y8nroce7dpq91.jpg.png
whwsf6q0epq91.jpg.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kz84
Informer
Informer

Post by kz84 »

bharshe00 wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:12 pm
Shay and Colette both sent messages to Danna after her video, and she showed them.

Not sure how either one of them could watch her video, and decide that writing the equivalent of "Sorry things didn't work out <3 " would make anything better. It's clear they didn't really watch it at all.

y8nroce7dpq91.jpg.png

whwsf6q0epq91.jpg.png
Where were these messages all this time?? Only now when she exposed them? Shay and Colette are such assholes. So fake.

bharshe00
Informer
Informer

Post by bharshe00 »

Interesting article from Teen Vogue regarding a YouTube star whose family has been vlogging since she was a toddler.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/influen ... dia-impact

They refer to her as Claire in the article, but say that this name is anonymous to protect her privacy.

Not a lot of other YouTubers who have been doing this long enough to go from toddler to teenager, with Instagram comments about the "old days"...

Whether this is a Butler or not — which seems possible to me, given the timeline and the bits of details provided — I hope they can find peace, and that going no-contact is helpful for them. Such a sad state of affairs.
Search Claire’s name online and this is some of what you will find: photos of her as a child, merchandise with her face on it available for sale, and a YouTube channel with millions of subscribers and hundreds of videos featuring Claire and members of her family. In the videos, Claire grows from a toddler to a teenager. On Instagram, fans comment they miss videos from the old days. In public, people sometimes recognize her and ask for photos. Altogether, the family’s YouTube channel has over a billion views but if it were up to Claire, none of the videos would exist.

For Gen-Z, social media has always been a given. Many consider the first social networking site launched in 1997, the same year that Pew Research marks as the beginning of Generation Z. It’s commonplace for young people of this generation to have their triumphs and travails documented on the Internet, with a digital footprint that follows them from platform to platform over the years. But for some young people, their parents shared more than evidence of an elementary school Spelling Bee win or a smiling photo of their first day in college. Instead, the intimate details of their lives, from videos of them as crying children to footage of a parent disciplining them – are shared and sometimes monetized without their explicit consent.

Claire, whose name has been changed to protect her privacy, has never known a life that doesn’t include a camera being pointed in her direction. The first time she went viral, she was a toddler. When the family’s channel started to rake in the views, Claire says both her parents left their jobs because the revenue from the YouTube channel was enough to support the family and to land them a nicer house and new car. “That’s not fair that I have to support everyone,” she said. “I try not to be resentful but I kind of [am].” Once, she told her dad she didn’t want to do YouTube videos anymore and he told her they would have to move out of their house and her parents would have to go back to work, leaving no money for “nice things.”

When the family is together, the YouTube channel is what they talk about. Claire says her father has told her he may be her father, but he’s also her boss. “It’s a lot of pressure,” she said. When Claire turns 18 and can move out on her own, she’s considering going no-contact with her parents. Once she doesn’t live with them anymore, she plans to speak out publicly about being the star of a YouTube channel. She’ll even use her real name. Claire wants people to know how her childhood was overshadowed by social media stardom that she didn’t choose. And she wants her parents to know: “nothing they do now is going to take back the years of work I had to put in.”

Though Claire’s parents tell her they’re saving part of the money for her college, she doesn’t know how much and there is no law protecting the earnings of children who are influencers. The lack of labor laws for child influencers is an example of the law lagging behind the culture. Activists and lawmakers are pushing for protections for the privacy and earnings of children of influencers in states like Washington, where a proposed bill that is currently stalled in the Washington State House would ensure similar protections that California’s Coogan Law gives child actors. Under the Coogan Law, 15% of minors’ earnings must be set aside by the employer in a blocked trust but there are no similar protections for child influencers.

giffgaff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by giffgaff »

someone call child services

wtf

GirlMeetsGossip
Learner
Learner

Post by GirlMeetsGossip »

Sad that Avia says she regularly thinks she’s fat...and she seems to always be on a diet...and Brailee regularly alludes to mental health struggles. Does anyone know the stats on eating disorders in the Mormon community?

Dixen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dixen »

bharshe00 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:59 am
Interesting article from Teen Vogue regarding a YouTube star whose family has been vlogging since she was a toddler.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/influen ... dia-impact

They refer to her as Claire in the article, but say that this name is anonymous to protect her privacy.

Not a lot of other YouTubers who have been doing this long enough to go from toddler to teenager, with Instagram comments about the "old days"...

Whether this is a Butler or not — which seems possible to me, given the timeline and the bits of details provided — I hope they can find peace, and that going no-contact is helpful for them. Such a sad state of affairs.
Search Claire’s name online and this is some of what you will find: photos of her as a child, merchandise with her face on it available for sale, and a YouTube channel with millions of subscribers and hundreds of videos featuring Claire and members of her family. In the videos, Claire grows from a toddler to a teenager. On Instagram, fans comment they miss videos from the old days. In public, people sometimes recognize her and ask for photos. Altogether, the family’s YouTube channel has over a billion views but if it were up to Claire, none of the videos would exist.

For Gen-Z, social media has always been a given. Many consider the first social networking site launched in 1997, the same year that Pew Research marks as the beginning of Generation Z. It’s commonplace for young people of this generation to have their triumphs and travails documented on the Internet, with a digital footprint that follows them from platform to platform over the years. But for some young people, their parents shared more than evidence of an elementary school Spelling Bee win or a smiling photo of their first day in college. Instead, the intimate details of their lives, from videos of them as crying children to footage of a parent disciplining them – are shared and sometimes monetized without their explicit consent.

Claire, whose name has been changed to protect her privacy, has never known a life that doesn’t include a camera being pointed in her direction. The first time she went viral, she was a toddler. When the family’s channel started to rake in the views, Claire says both her parents left their jobs because the revenue from the YouTube channel was enough to support the family and to land them a nicer house and new car. “That’s not fair that I have to support everyone,” she said. “I try not to be resentful but I kind of [am].” Once, she told her dad she didn’t want to do YouTube videos anymore and he told her they would have to move out of their house and her parents would have to go back to work, leaving no money for “nice things.”

When the family is together, the YouTube channel is what they talk about. Claire says her father has told her he may be her father, but he’s also her boss. “It’s a lot of pressure,” she said. When Claire turns 18 and can move out on her own, she’s considering going no-contact with her parents. Once she doesn’t live with them anymore, she plans to speak out publicly about being the star of a YouTube channel. She’ll even use her real name. Claire wants people to know how her childhood was overshadowed by social media stardom that she didn’t choose. And she wants her parents to know: “nothing they do now is going to take back the years of work I had to put in.”

Though Claire’s parents tell her they’re saving part of the money for her college, she doesn’t know how much and there is no law protecting the earnings of children who are influencers. The lack of labor laws for child influencers is an example of the law lagging behind the culture. Activists and lawmakers are pushing for protections for the privacy and earnings of children of influencers in states like Washington, where a proposed bill that is currently stalled in the Washington State House would ensure similar protections that California’s Coogan Law gives child actors. Under the Coogan Law, 15% of minors’ earnings must be set aside by the employer in a blocked trust but there are no similar protections for child influencers.
I dont think this is a butler but who knows, it's def. not Avia cause she likes youtube and makes her own videos and wants to be an actor, she loves all that. And that thing about going no contact with family after moving out is also not her. She just moved out btw. to California to persue her dreams of being an actor and do full time social media.

Return to “The Butlers / The Shaytards”