Leggings as pants?

canaduh
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Leggings as pants?

Post by canaduh »

I love love LOVE wearing leggings as pants. They're so comfortable especially in the winter because jeans + harsh winters don't make for a fun day. I always 1. make sure they're not sheer or see through(if my shirt doesn't completely cover it and 2. it doesn't make an invasive camel toe. I guess it's kind of easier for me because I don't have large assets so its not like I'm trying to "show off" anything.

Diva.
Learner
Learner

Post by Diva. »

I used to do this all the time as a ''kid'' (read: when I was around ten, eleven years old) because I never wanted to wear normal pants. I didn't like the way they felt. I still like the way they look, but I don't do it anymore myself. I always have the feeling my butt is sticking out like crazy hehe.

AngelPrincess
Informer
Informer

Post by AngelPrincess »

[youtube][/youtube]

Lol I just saw this thread and thought of this song. I only wear leggings with shorts or super short skirts and dresses. I tried wearing leggings alone I just felt so naked lol.

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

Repeat offender here. I am fine with the way my rear end looks in leggings without covering it up, so I do haha. I think as long as the leggings are opaque (I do not want or need to be able to see your skin through them) and you're wearing underwear that doesn't give you lines, knock yourself out.

FoodandFashion
Informer
Informer

Post by FoodandFashion »

I like it BUT there has to be something covering your butt and hopefully it's not see through because that's when the creepshotters come-a-runnin' lol

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

i used to hate when people would wear them without covering their butt and crotch but now i really don't care. i love wearing leggings and i don't have enough shirts to only wear them while covering everything. as long as there's not camel toe showing who cares?
i love forever 21 leggings because they're stretchy, cheap and comfy. the only thing is they're sheer as heck which i find with almost all leggings though so i just double them up. i almost always wear 2 and that might sound weird but it's easier to cover up and it's way more comfy. i just hate seeing girl's underwear and camel toe. so as long as i don't see it. i'm fine with it.
formerly known as ashhbby

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

busybuyingbins wrote:i used to hate when people would wear them without covering their butt and crotch but now i really don't care. i love wearing leggings and i don't have enough shirts to only wear them while covering everything. as long as there's not camel toe showing who cares?
i love forever 21 leggings because they're stretchy, cheap and comfy. the only thing is they're sheer as heck which i find with almost all leggings though so i just double them up. i almost always wear 2 and that might sound weird but it's easier to cover up and it's way more comfy. i just hate seeing girl's underwear and camel toe. so as long as i don't see it. i'm fine with it.
If you find all leggings sheer, then you're just not looking at the right ones. I have three or four pairs from Target that were about $10 each that are opaque. I also love the yoga leggings from Victoria's Secret. They're about $25-30 but if you get them when there are holiday sales going on, they get cheaper. They're much thicker than regular leggings and very comfortable and flattering. Also idk if you have Aritzia but they have several brands of leggings that are also very opaque and thicker, though they tend to be more expensive. I have a pair of leggings from them that were about $20-25 (which were on the cheaper side there) and I wear them like pants all the time without having to layer anything.
imma ball til the day i fall

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

see i know there are tons of places with thicker ones but i hate spending so much money on leggings and pants. since almost always i get holes in the thigh area it's pointless to throw out money like that. but yeah i got some target ones and those aren't sheer. i love those ones.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

A big second for the TNA at Aritzia leggings - they're $22 and they only really have the basic colours BUT they're high enough in the waist, the waistband is nice and width-wise, quite thick.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

busybuyingbins wrote:see i know there are tons of places with thicker ones but i hate spending so much money on leggings and pants. since almost always i get holes in the thigh area it's pointless to throw out money like that. but yeah i got some target ones and those aren't sheer. i love those ones.
You get holes in them because they're too sheer xD If you buy a better pair, it'll last much longer so you'll end up not wasting the money by literally throwing away a pair of leggings. I've had my VS yoga leggings for two years now and they're totally fine, and I wear them all the time.

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

Angie V wrote: You get holes in them because they're too sheer xD If you buy a better pair, it'll last much longer so you'll end up not wasting the money by literally throwing away a pair of leggings. I've had my VS yoga leggings for two years now and they're totally fine, and I wear them all the time.
no it happens with everything! all my jeans are pretty thick and they get holes. its just the big thighs i have lol. but during christmas sales i do really want to get vs leggings but whenever i try to get some they are always out. people go crazy for them lol

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

busybuyingbins wrote:
Angie V wrote: You get holes in them because they're too sheer xD If you buy a better pair, it'll last much longer so you'll end up not wasting the money by literally throwing away a pair of leggings. I've had my VS yoga leggings for two years now and they're totally fine, and I wear them all the time.
no it happens with everything! all my jeans are pretty thick and they get holes. its just the big thighs i have lol. but during christmas sales i do really want to get vs leggings but whenever i try to get some they are always out. people go crazy for them lol
i used to have that problem too but I learned to just buy better quality fabric. I just wait for sales and coupons. I mean I don't buy like $150 jeans but I'll pay $45 for a better pair of jeans that will last me for a long while. It seems worth it to me because I end up buying less and less often, which results in spending less in the long run. The last time I bought jeans was two years ago and they're still going strong (it's the only pair of blue jeans I own, so I wear them quite a bit).

hardy1109
Stalker
Stalker

Post by hardy1109 »

I'm not sure if I'm reading your question correctly, but it almost sounds to me like you're referring to tights in the description details instead of actual leggings themselves — here in the U.S., leggings and tights are two totally different things. And I say this, because it's very common for women to wear tights with a dress, skirt, or pair of pants, but not quite as common to wear leggings with those same items unless it's really cold outside.

Leggings have been accepted as a pants alternative for many years…they just haven't always been the fashion trend. However, they're considered more as casual wear, so wearing them to the office at work wouldn't be advised. Wearing tights by themselves though is a huge no-no — that's just something you don't do, unless you're wearing that dress or skirt or pair of pants…or even an oversized sweater would suffice.

sookies
Learner
Learner

Post by sookies »

Not for grown-ups

Puptatochan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Puptatochan »

I personally don't see it as fashionable unless they have an interesting print or design and you can build an outfit from it. It's definitely not for me tho but I can see why people wear them.

patriciaringca
Lurker
Lurker

Post by patriciaringca »

Wearing leggings other than sports is okay. The involvement of casual clothing in daily outfits has even become a trend, and it has its own name: athleisure. The popularity of leggings stems primarily from the comfort they provide you. And not all of them are primarily sports. There are leggings with colored prints, lace or translucent cuts.

stellacook
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by stellacook »

I don't wear leggings as an alternative to pants. But, leather leggings are a great alternative to traditional pants, and can be worn in a variety of ways. You can style them with a flowy top for a more casual look, or dress them up with a blazer and heels for an edgy, sophisticated look. Have fun experimenting with different looks and find the one that best suits your style!

michellefines
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by michellefines »

always pants

lisanclark
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lisanclark »

Leggings can be a great option for pants if you choose the right fabric and style. Look for ones that are made with thicker material and look tailored, like faux leather or faux suede. They can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion, and they're so comfortable! It's all about finding the right pieces that make you feel confident and stylish.

naancy277
Stalker
Stalker

Post by naancy277 »

Leggings as pants are a fashion trend that has become increasingly popular in recent years. While some may argue that leggings are not pants, others view them as a comfortable and versatile clothing option. The key to pulling off leggings as pants is to ensure that they are made from a thick and durable material, and paired with appropriate tops and footwear. Ultimately, whether leggings are worn as pants or not is a matter of personal preference and fashion sense.
naancyinsta pro

Return to “Fashion Discussion”