I'm not going to judge - I had long hair and I did this too 🤣

SteampunkEngineer
Learner
Learner

Re: Bernadette Banner (Part 3)

Post by SteampunkEngineer »

Lilibetp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:26 am
Okay. The latest video is out and BB has apparently lost her mind. Making a dwarf lady beard out of her hair?
IKR?
i just saw the thumbnail and thought "okay someone's bored".
anyone actually watched it?

Ezzy
Learner
Learner

Post by Ezzy »

Nope.
Cosplayer, Dreamer, Tea Aficionado, Cat lady :HK:

sporkspeaks
Talker
Talker

Post by sporkspeaks »

So Bernadette made a 12 minute garbage whimsy video that is more for Dani's audience than hers.

The Rings of Power lady dwarf beard topic is tragically old by now and not going to get the number of outsider clicks it could have months back.

For someone with long hair, she's woefully ignorant of how to play with it. What an utter waste of time. If you want to be making stoner videos, Bernadette, that's fine. They're certainly easier than even ones where guinea pigs get dressed up.

Cinamomo
Talker
Talker

Post by Cinamomo »

I liked it 乁⁠(⁠ ⁠•⁠_⁠•⁠ ⁠)⁠ㄏ

Betwixtthefigs
Learner
Learner

Post by Betwixtthefigs »

andipales wrote:I honestly don't understand why BB has never done the thrifting thing...
On the flip side, because she is so petite, I can imagine the backlash if she started doing the thing where you purposefully buy clothes that are too big for you and altering them down several sizes. Unless she was going to focus on lengthening or shortening sleeves, changing collars, ect.. I'm not sure how she could be successful to that audience.

I'd guess she's about a USian size 0, *maybe* a 2, depending on how the lack of standardized sizing has gone haywire in the past few years.

So the majority of anything she thrift-flipped could be seen as taking options away from "larger" people and backfire quickly.

*I mean this all in a body-positive, fat-positive, ect positive way. Do not respond to my comment with *any* wiff of body shaming.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

pensandthreads
Informer
Informer

Post by pensandthreads »

Cinamomo wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:51 am
I liked it 乁⁠(⁠ ⁠•⁠_⁠•⁠ ⁠)⁠ㄏ
It was cute. A weird thing to get upset over. Much more entertaining to see her playing around than the 'historian' commentary. She started off doing fantasy costumes anyways so it isn't even that odd for her even if she gave a shout out to her sibling.

debosheddoxy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by debosheddoxy »

I didn't mind it - though it struck me more as the kind of video that Rachel Maksy would do. It's nice seeing her have a little bit of fun on the channel, but I agree that the timing was def off, and there were some choices that she made that made me question why she has such long hair if she doesn't know how to play with it.

Quaility
Learner
Learner

Post by Quaility »

Lots of us have long hair because we just like having long hair. I personally enjoy playing with different updos, but tend to wear it the same way every day....just like people with shorter hair do. As my hair grows, every now and then I need to go on a spree of learning new methods because suddenly old ones don't work anymore. In spite of having calf length hair and knowing lots of updos, I too would probably flail trying to turn it into a dwarf beard though because seriously, who wouldn't xD You should see some of the hilarious Princess Leia attempts PastMe has tried. It's just not a way you normally need to secure your hair.

This video was pretty silly, but really people (including myself sometimes) bag on how pretentious Bernadette can be, which I suspect is mostly just being overly scripted. She's not pretending to be an expert here, just having a bit of fun. Eh, why not? I have a ton of critique for the fast fashion videos, but this one at least was a bit of fun.

Notmycup
Debater
Debater

Post by Notmycup »

It's kind of odd it bothered so many people. So BB made a silly video, so what? I personally am glad she's feeling more comfortable in her own skin now to do something like that instead of her more scripted videos. Anyway, hasn't she made a shift out of potato skins back in the day? How is a hair beard any quirkier?

(And yes, some of us long haired girls are not good at playing with our hair. Some of us know just a few tricks and that's it. Oh well)

oldfashioneddoll
Learner
Learner

Post by oldfashioneddoll »

It's sad that she said at the beginning, "I don't know how educational it will be" girl, it doesn't have to be! you're allowed to have fun and post whatever you want!!

We started going off her once she started doing the "expert analyses x" and I feel even she is sick of that character too. I hope she remembers her roots of trying things out for fun and making things for fun.

andipales
Debater
Debater

Post by andipales »

Quite impressed with the new video! Certainly seems that BB has been reading here and taken note of the suggestions, that was honestly quite watchable and contained some decent information!

Aragogo
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aragogo »

Has Bernadette had some work done?

I know this sounds crazy but she looks much different as of late...I'd describe it as a lot sharper in the face, if that makes sense?

gardenofpeonies
Talker
Talker

Post by gardenofpeonies »

Aragogo wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:26 am

I know this sounds crazy but she looks much different as of late...I'd describe it as a lot sharper in the face, if that makes sense?
I don't think she had "work" done, but yes, I noticed the change you mention, but I take it as simple age-ing, and since she is generally a very thin woman, now the "baby-fat" is gone her face is even more... how to put it.. angular?

NastySkankBitch
Learner
Learner

Post by NastySkankBitch »

gardenofpeonies wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:50 am
Aragogo wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:26 am

I don't think she had "work" done, but yes, I noticed the change you mention, but I take it as simple age-ing, and since she is generally a very thin woman, now the "baby-fat" is gone her face is even more... how to put it.. angular?
I haven't watched her in a while and was a bit struck by how different she looked, but in a good way. I feel like she's doing her make-up a bit differently, it seems more dramatic as opposed to the soft look she used to do. Also her hair looked, idk, wilder.

Cinamomo
Talker
Talker

Post by Cinamomo »

My impression is that she just lost weight.

Quaility
Learner
Learner

Post by Quaility »

It just looks like she is wearing more makeup, she's got some false eyelashes and contouring going on for sure. And she has been flat ironing and curling her hair and has some long layers in front. Which hey, her face, her hair, but man is it giving me those FrockFlicks snark vibes were they are pointing out the modern hair and make-up in various historical movies. xD

pensandthreads
Informer
Informer

Post by pensandthreads »

Her makeup definitely looks better like she spent some time learning how to do a full face rather than before which was pretty much just a lot of blush and lipstick.

Quaility
Learner
Learner

Post by Quaility »

The lotta blush look was pretty in keeping with many historical makeup looks and probably also filled her face out more now that you mention it. Most of the decades she likes to cosplay aren't real heavy on dramatic eye looks. More like OG no-make up, make up if that makes sense. Even though just like today, they were often wearing loads of it to get that look! (And I can personally attest to this, it still takes me just as long to do a my face but better as it does full on dramaeyes and sharp cheekbones)

She's been relaxing a bit in general from her original persona of super prim and all hand sewn all the time and now her makeup is reflecting that as well.

Zeepzorp
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0

Post by Zeepzorp »

I genuinely think she's just more confident and relaxed now; and confident, relaxed people are just hotter in general. Sure, she's changed her makeup a tiny bit, but the confidence is more noticeable.

Return to “Costubers”