Abby “I’m not like other girls” Williamson

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Abby “I’m not like other girls” Williamson

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

I think the bigger issue is her not actually doing anything with her seemingly large makeup collection. At the very least she can show her audience what kind of products she likes in a brand vs trying to pwn big brands. She talks so much shit about these brands but I couldn’t begin to imagine what her makeup aesthetic is like

Also, a lot of her recent videos is her talking about her cringey high school moments and what she wrote in her diary as an angsty teen…isn’t he like 30? This is embarrassing

coffeeglitter
Learner
Learner

Post by coffeeglitter »

the intense anger and disgust I have for Abby is
fueled by the fact that she, smokey Leno, Theresas drunk, and Scootchie Cootchie "im better then everyone but so down to earth" angelica...ALL DO these "Anti Hauls" a la Kimberly Clark, but they completely miss the entire mark about wtf an anti haul is about!!
mind you...especially Theresa, a lotta these girls pick up some of the shit they claim they won't be buying..
and just because they aren't buying YET ANOTHER eyeshadow palette from Tarte..TooFaced..or whatever and then going and buying the new Indie palette with the same fuxking multichromes you already have, 27 blushes all in "peach/orange" and thinking it makes you edgy and cool...plus another collection with again, the same colors you already have is DEFEATING THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF AN ANTI-HAUL!!!!!

Abby talks about anti-consumerism but she and those in the clown chin posse are LITERALLY the ANTITHESIS of anti-consumerism!!! They ONLY declutter to BUY MORE SHIT. It's not a declutter if you're just doing it to justify buying MORE.

Abby reeks of trying way too hard and always coming up short. Her anti-hauls are depressing and annoying because it's all just a run on sentence of WHINING. There's NO actual substance to her, her content or life. Shes boring...her collection is boring:..even her complaining...BORING.

I MISS KIMBERLY CLARK!!!!!! Some of these chickens will mention her as the inspiration and original creator of the AH. but like their AH's aren't the same as Kimberlys...and
Abby is one of if not the worst hypocrite of them all.
All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.

꧁Chuck Palahniuk꧂

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

I had to stop watching with her constant "reacting to my old videos! Cringe!!1" and "Roasting myself!!" Self deprecating humor has a fine line one needs to tread before it becomes cringe, and even if it's yourself there's something rather tacky about a 30 year old woman making fun of a teenage girl.

Also, she never shows her makeup collection because it will out her for sure that she's not nearly so diligent as those anti-hauls would have us believe. I think she did a small makeup collection video back when she moved apartments and it was m u c h bigger than previous videos on it. For one, she basically had the entire Oden's Eye catalog and there were just other palettes that she had never mentioned. Also, sometimes she'll mention getting stuff from subs and it's really awkward because she acts so unappreciative of whatever she gets.

She and her whole gang of yt friends are so full of it. Just admit you want to buy the shit and move on. Smokey even admitted waaay back in the day when she was more self reflective that she had always wanted a vast makeup collection for the purpose of flexing (not her exact words, of course. She mentioned wanting her friends to be amazed by her collection).

Alliecat_57
Learner
Learner

Post by Alliecat_57 »

Her fringe in her newest anti haul… :?

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

When will she change her hair up it looks juvenile on her

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

It's like she goes out of her way to have terrible hair. It looks like she cuts her own bangs (tragic), and I don't understand why she waits so long to refresh her hair. She could easily slap some dye on herself (I don't think she has mobility issues?), and go in semi-regularly to get it bleached down.

It always irks me when people don't do basic maintenance for their hair, it's not that hard and if you don't want to pay for a proper salon visit there are still options available to you. It could look very striking but she just does nothing with it.

backdoorteenmom
Learner
Learner

Post by backdoorteenmom »

I love how she readily takes sponsorships yet claims to hate Amazon etc idk it’s just funny to me…i tried giving her a try but she is such a not like other girls/pick me kind of person and tries so hard to be….what? Idk hahaha

And how she says influencers are not your friends yet she is an influencer and was saying “hi friends” in her intro yet shits on other YouTubers who say it now…and her “good friend” Smokey glow says it idk she’s very contradicting

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

It's very "rules for thee, not for me" with no shred of self-awareness.

doublebatch
Learner
Learner

Post by doublebatch »

For all her shitting all over "graphic design is my passion" types, I was expecting her logo redesigns to not look so amateurish and clunky.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

Lol, and then had the nerve to make a comment saying that brands should just hire her.

There was a post about her recently on the BGC reddit thread and kind of blew up about how negative she is. Some of the critique also brought up how she's still talking about Hello Fresh despite their union busting antics, and that it seems rather hypocritical of her. But for the most part, it was your standard "she's so negative, she's not like the other girls" type of venting. And she found the thread. Again. Lol.

I think someone brought it to her attention, but she's also been known in the past to look herself up so who really knows. But she's always so triggered by it, it's kind of hilarious. People are allowed to not like youtubers, Abby. Even for seemingly petty reasons!

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

I will admit that her palette redisigning videos are decent.

For me it wasn't the issue that she was just negative, but that she rarely counterracted the negativity with products she would actually buy. She doesn't really do tutorials, she has never shown her makeup collection, what she gravitates towards, and she rags on about how Jeffrey Bezos made Seattle into a shithole but apparently you got Seattle money and the sus sponsorpships are not adding up. Privilidged people like her can never keep up their quasi-activism, especially when the money is getting too good to ignore (or just getting desperate for views.

Alliecat_57
Learner
Learner

Post by Alliecat_57 »

Just saw her outfit of the day video on her Instagram. Actually shocked how different she looks than what she does on YouTube :o

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

I try not to comment on someone’s weight but she cannot carry the extra lbs. she has no definition and the clothing she is demoing just looks unflattering and tacky

Alliecat_57
Learner
Learner

Post by Alliecat_57 »

Just watched her video on Halloween palettes. First of all that fringe is terrible. Looks like it’s been cut with a knife and fork 😳 second of all I love how she thinks she knows everything with ‘what do the Simpsons have to do with Halloween 🙄’ Just to be corrected in the comments

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

I noticed that she makes declarative statements all the time acting like she's the authority of all things pop culture just to miss the mark 95% of the time lmao Her beetlejuice makeup looked awful

chaichai
Learner
Learner

Post by chaichai »

I got recommended one of her videos for the first time in forever, the amazon window shopping one. Her myspace angle doesn't work anymore. I can't tell if she is only virtue signaling by criticizing listings that don't go up to 3 or 5x, but wow. I hope she watches her health.

It's awkward she chose Amazon of all the places to window shop, though. Not only is Nisapisa's concept played out years ago but Amazon is low-hanging fruit. Everyone has seen mass produced dresses with nonsensical designs (American flag but the stripes are sunflowers, etc). But she is so familiar with how to shop on Amazon and go through the listings. I don't boycott them or anything, but they are my absolute last choice due to how sketchy the listings and reviews are. For Ms. Jeff Bezos guillotine earrings, she is suspiciously familiar. It is just bad taste for her to browse Amazon and inevitably point out a lot of cute dresses anyway.

Her latest antihaul was pretty recent, 2 months ago, so her channel is still the same, despite many antihaulers accepting that they like having pr and many new purchases.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

I think that deep down, she isn't as morally superior.

For someone who hates Jeffey Bezos, why isn't she coming after the indie brands like Oden's eye who isn't honest about whether or not they're private-labeled but she's not going to rock that boat because she's probably on the pr list.

Alliecat_57
Learner
Learner

Post by Alliecat_57 »

Watching her latest anti haul and she now looks bigger than Teresa is dead 💀

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Screaming, I think Teresa is still twice or triple the size of Abby, but she's catching up. Her anti-hauls have gotten lazier with easier talking points. I saw a comment that got deleted asking when she's gonna talk about indie brands

chaichai
Learner
Learner

Post by chaichai »

Theresa is Dead 5 years ago:

Abby Williamson 20 hours ago:

I think Theresa still wins, even at the start of her channel. But I am always very fooled by the angle Abby uses! I never even thought she was overweight until she did a natural angle for her Christmas present video with her family (whichever year she unwrapped a Coach handbag). She was unrecognizable.

She comes across as so petty and vapid and nlog in the anti-haul lol. She needs to follow her link for Kimberly in her description and reschool herself.

Return to “#-E”