Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Skincare routines

Post by onigiri815 »

Hey guys I just thought I would post this here:
http://www.cosdna.com/eng/

You can use this to see the irritation in ingredients in a product :) I use it when researching what to buy and it really helps me make a more informed decision than ready reviews as of course everyone is different (la dee dah etc)

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne »

My skin has been driving me crazy for the past month or so with breakouts on my right cheek (slightly below the apple of my cheeks, kind of in the hollow of my cheekbones) and the right side of my mouth below my lips. Not sure if it's hormonal, stress, or a product I'm using. The only new products I've introduced in my skincare are the CeraVe foaming cleanser and moisturizing lotion but I've used their hydrating cleanser before without any bad reaction. If anyone has any suggestion, please let me know!

Morning:
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
La Roche-Posay Serozinc
CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (the regular one with the pump, not the facial one)
Uriage sunscreen

Evening:
Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm with a warm towel
or Bioderma Crealine H2O
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
La Roche-Posay Serozinc
Bliss Daily Detoxifying Facial Toner
CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
Tea tree oil with jojoba oil on my spots
Bioderma Sebium Purifying Mask once or twice a week

xfactor
Talker
Talker

Post by xfactor »

^ The CeraVe in a tub and foaming cleanser didn't work for me at all. for the first week or so all was fine but after that it just lead to closed comedones. if i were you i would cut out both of those, replace them with whatever you were using before and see how you get on. theres a chance its hormonal (cheek, jaw, chin acne often is, unfortunately speaking from experience here). other than that, i would change my pillowcase frequently, make sure my cell phone was clean and avoid touching/leaning. i know ive heard (probably on reddit's skincareaddiction sub) of people using the hydrating Cerave with no issues then switching to the foaming and it not agreeing with them at all.

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne »

xfactor wrote:^ The CeraVe in a tub and foaming cleanser didn't work for me at all. for the first week or so all was fine but after that it just lead to closed comedones. if i were you i would cut out both of those, replace them with whatever you were using before and see how you get on. theres a chance its hormonal (cheek, jaw, chin acne often is, unfortunately speaking from experience here). other than that, i would change my pillowcase frequently, make sure my cell phone was clean and avoid touching/leaning. i know ive heard (probably on reddit's skincareaddiction sub) of people using the hydrating Cerave with no issues then switching to the foaming and it not agreeing with them at all.
Thank you! I should have cut out the CeraVe as soon as I noticed I was breaking out just to make sure but I had heard so many good things about CeraVe that I didn't really think to do it. I find it odd that it's pretty much only the right side of my face reacting though! I don't even speak on the phone that much ugh :(

UniicornSparkles
Informer
Informer

Post by UniicornSparkles »

My routine is pretty basic, lol... But here it is in order of use :)

Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash
Zapzit Acne Treatment
Olay Moisturizer (I can't remember the actual name, but the one with yellow on the front) in the morning and almond oil at night

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

^ That is the tiniest and simplest routine ever and I love it and wish I could have it.

badgal

Post by badgal »

This thread's not looking too lively, but I just wanted to recommend two serums: the Olay Regenerist Fragrance Free is fantastic and very smoothing as a primer, I use it under Cetaphil Lotion and it makes my skin so soft and look really great. I also use it at night and I'm really happy with it, especially the price!

The other one is the more expensive Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Antioxident Serum with Retinol, this is a wow product! It made my skin so smooth, pores much less visible and I got almost no acne while I was using it. I wish I could continue using it forever but can't afford it :| I have a deep pitted acne scar on my cheek (looks horrendous :( ) and while I was using this serum, it smoothed it and it started to build up a new layer of skin (which was bright white as I suffer from keloid scarring). Sadly it has become pitted again so the effect was temporary. But it's worth a thought if anyone has a deep acne scar and can afford to use this very long term.

Otherwise my best tips for those with acne or oily skin are to eat probiotic yogurt every day - this improved my skin soooo much. And also to blot your skin religiously, like every hour from the moment you wake up! This improved my acne by about 95% and believe me I had tried everything . It makes my skin behave like normal skin and look very healthy and it's very pore-minimising :tu:

da1nty
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by da1nty »

This is an oldie but I will always swear by Queen Helene Mint julep masque !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onigiri815
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by onigiri815 »

I just bought the MUA 25% and 40% mandelic Peel.
I have been using the 25% last two weeks and honestly... I'm so underwhelmed. I paid SO MUCH to get them over here and (as usual) and not experiencing the whole "NEW SKIN NEXT DAY WOWOW"
It is good to an extent, I have noticed my scars speeding up in vanishing but yeah...

Post by Guest »

Morning
ThisWorks Clean Skin Gentle Cleanser
Emma Hardie Vitamin C Intense Daily Serum
Sarah Chapman Eye Recovery
Vichy Aqualia Thermal Riche
Darphin Intral Environmental Protection SPF 50

Evening
Clinique Take the Day Off Balm
ThisWorks Clean Skin Gentle Cleanser
Sarah Chapman Age Repair Serum
Sarah Chapman Eye Recovery
Vichy Aqualia Thermal Riche

Weekly
Sarah Chapman Overnight Exfoliating Booster
Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask
Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask
Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Eye Patches

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

My morning and night routine is the same.

Wet face with warm water
Wash with Philosophy's Purity facial wash
Tone with Burt's Bee's rosewater toner
Moisturize with either my Clinique Moisture Surge, a Vitamin E cream, or Vanishing Cream by Lush. Moisturizer brand doesn't matter too much to me as long as I have something

If I have a pimple I'll use Grease Lightning by Lush on it and I'll do their Mask of Magnaminty mask about 2x a week

WilliG
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WilliG »

My skin definitely responds to "less is more" because anything more than this, my skin breaks out.

In the AM I rinse my face, apply moisturizer (nivea creme when it's really cold outside, Olay total effects otherwise), and then sunscreen (Boire watery essences spf 50)

In the PM I remove makeup with mineral oil, wash my face with olay gentle foaming cleanser and moisturize with nivea or olay.

lovnatural
Stalker
Stalker

Post by lovnatural »

For me it looks like this:

Morning:
-A big glass of water
-Almond sweet cleaner
- Botanical Eye Serum
- Oral care
- Botanical Face Powder
- Mascara and rest of makeup products

Night:
-Two times almond sweet cleaner
-( after first almond cleaner I brush my teeth, to let the second layer of cleaner sink into my skin)
- Vitamin c nigh serum
- Hydrating Night Cream

I am using only two brands products. And only vegan, natural and cruelty- free.
For makeup: Tarte
And for the skincare (and face powder): Virginic

I am in love with Virginic products. A few months ago I decided to completely switch to only their skincare products and I can honestly recommend Virginic. Their products have everything, literally everything that I need. I love essential oils, and they know how to mix them to get great results. You can check the ingredients and they use only natural products, no chemicals. If my skin could speak, she would definitely thanks me for that change.
Last edited by tar on Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed links

lurker1991
Talker
Talker

Post by lurker1991 »

cleanser and makeup remover: Dove Dermaseries fragrance-free cleanser bar. I just started using this last week, so I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

nighttime moisturizing: Vitamin Shoppe hyaluronic acid serum, and also raw shea butter on top of the serum in the more dry weather.

daytime moisturizing and sunscreen: Australian Gold botanical tinted face lotion SPF 50

I don't use exfoliants right now. I tried Paula's Choice and Alpha Hydrox (plus prescription tretinoin which was awful) in the past. I didn't see any difference when I used them though. I might try out some Deciem exfoliants though since they're cheap so it's worth experimenting with.

bump
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bump »

I love talking about skincare routines, can't wait to read all these posts! Is anyone still here? Seems like this thread died off. I will post my skincare routine tomorrow when I have more time. Just wanted to bump this and see if anyone is interested in talking skincare.
ImageImageImage

klester79
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by klester79 »

Just 3 steps La Roche Possay skincare

Return to “Skincare”