Ruby Granger - Part 4

Mashi
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ruby Granger - Part 4

Post by Mashi »

As one youtube comment pointed out, in her Redecorating our University House & tour video, if you pause at 1:27 and turn down the speed to 0,25; it says "ketchup calories". I don't follow her content that much anymore, but hope she's okay, seems like nothing's changed from her overexplaining why she didn't show what she ate and why in her previous vlogs

Honestly-someone
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Honestly-someone »

lilyumi wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:48 am
I’ve been away for a long time, so sorry if it’s been addressed but she definitely slimmed down no? I can tell in her face and legs…
Without a doubt! This is from an insta story she posted 2 hours ago.

Screenshot_20210630-233433_Instagram.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Honestly-someone
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Honestly-someone »

Double post but this was also included in today's insta stories:
Screenshot_20210630-233246_Instagram.jpg
I just can't help but wonder about how big of a deal she makes this. If nothing was up with her eating habits surely she would just say "hey! I took that picture before the main course arrived". Instead she makes a point about telling everyone how she definitely ate more than just that and to look after ourselves.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

iota
Stalker
Stalker

Post by iota »

I'm pretty certain she has at the very least some patterns of disordered eating. Maybe a little paranoid but I've been wondering about this for a while now, she has obviously lost weight and the weird over explaining she did in her recent instagram story now didn't help.
It would also fit in with here apparent unwillingness to grow up, which I think is not uncommon in people dealing with eating disorders. But who knows, if that's really the case it will probably become obvious before too long.

karpusha
Stalker
Stalker

Post by karpusha »

There were times when I liked Ruby, but now... sorry, she's just ridiculous. Everything she does is so artificial and constructed. She always plays some "roles", be it a Victorian young lady or Hermione Granger. I just saw her latest video on Instagram where she's "reading" a book while doing a cartwheel, and she doesn't even seem to be self-ironic. She actually enjoys her role of a "bookworm" who can't put down a book. I think she likes her image, the way she's perceived by others. Of course, it's not the worst image in the world, and Ruby seems to be a nice person (from what I can see through Internet), but I just don't like her artificiality. To me, it seems both narcissistic (not in a medical way) and strained.

inhisbluegardens
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by inhisbluegardens »

Although she seems happy enough in herself, Ruby looks very tired and quite unwell, to be honest. Like she could do with a good night's sleep or some sun. It's quite concerning looking at photos even from six months ago. I hope she's all right health-wise, she just doesn't look herself these days.

noodlehead1
Learner
Learner

Post by noodlehead1 »

Ruby needs to take better care of her nails or at least re paint them before she films an entire video that has her nails clearly visible for the majority of the video
:love2: :love2:

vivienne_bloom
Learner
Learner

Post by vivienne_bloom »

Recently, she seemed to let got of her childish persona a bit. In her Paris and Italy videos, she presented a slightly more mature world view that seemed to indicate an openness to new perspectives. But now she's finished a book because she's always wanted to be a writer since she was a little girl.
And that just seems so odd. Obviously, as a Youtuber with a decent following it's much easier to get a book deal because you have a built-in audience. But she hasn't had time to live a life and get a personality outside of one she constructed from books. Call me old-fashioned but should people like that really be writing (what I assume will be) a young adult novel?

I would have wished her a bit more time to do the kind of things she's started to do in Paris and Italy, possibly also on her own, without her family. Time to find herself a bit more outside of the persona she's built so consciously.

HotDogsOrToes
Learner
Learner

Post by HotDogsOrToes »

noodlehead1 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:59 am
Ruby needs to take better care of her nails or at least re paint them before she films an entire video that has her nails clearly visible for the majority of the video
Her nails are odd to say the least. Her thumbs look like big toes and her actual big toes seem quite bulbous and large compared to the rest of her toes.

noodlehead1
Learner
Learner

Post by noodlehead1 »

It kind of annoys me how Ruby has other people film her doing things instead of just setting the camera up and filming herself like other vloggers do. She went on holiday with her mum, and then had her mum stand around filming her all day for the 1st Scotland vlog AND the video about living like a romantic poet for a day. I’ve noticed in a lot of other videos too she has other people film her.
:love2: :love2:

lillycat444
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lillycat444 »

HotDogsOrToes wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:34 pm
noodlehead1 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:59 am
Her nails are odd to say the least. Her thumbs look like big toes and her actual big toes seem quite bulbous and large compared to the rest of her toes.
This is what I've always been curious about ngl. it's so interesting how theyre shaped

HotDogsOrToes
Learner
Learner

Post by HotDogsOrToes »

lillycat444 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:17 pm
HotDogsOrToes wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:34 pm

This is what I've always been curious about ngl. it's so interesting how theyre shaped
They're so weird aren't they lol. Her big toe thumbs are so freaky to look at it makes me feel weird haha. Her bulbous big toes too although she doesn't show them off as much as her thumbs.

Return to “Ruby Granger”