Re: Allie Glines

Post by Deedlemonster »

Does she EVER not slick her hair back?

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

I'd been watching Allie Glines for a while, and orignally I liked her and how "vanilla" she was, but the longer I watched her I felt like she went down the typical YouTuber route of peddling higher end brands, careful to never mention anything negative about products even when it's apparent that she dislikes them. All her makeup looks are the same, and there are times where her makeup looks way too powdery and bordering on clownish.

This is also a me thing but I feel like she is someone who would be passive-aggressive nice nasty. IYKYK

Alliecat_57
Learner
Learner

Post by Alliecat_57 »

I like her but I can’t believe she’s only 26?!

GoGaGa
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by GoGaGa »

To be honest she seems sweet and tries mega hard to be unproblematic. I can easily see her editing even the slightly offensive joke or sarcasm from her videos...
I like that she interacts with her audience making her pretty unique in that way.
I cannot believe she has that many subscribers! Why? She reminds me of young Emily Noel (makeup wise)- the same makeup all the time, one is pinky tone and other is berry (E.N.). What's so interesting??
And she tries so hard to keep her wishy washy persona. She reminds me of a slogan "smile and nod"

And I agree... can't she style her hair differently? Does she work in the bakery in the evenings? Lol
Maybe she thinks this makes her modest, relatable and sweet? *rolls eyes*

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

So before going to bed, she does her makeup? I know for these people this is their job, but I find this so wasteful. Just doing her makeup to remove them right after...

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

She's having a baby? I saw it on Instagram. I haven't watched her videos in ages.
That Girl!

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

arctous
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by arctous »

I don't watch Allie anymore but I came here after seeing that she is pregnant. I'm sure she will enjoy being a mom. The way she talked about her hesitation around pregnancy and fear of the unknown sounded very familiar to me as someone with control issues... And I see so many "influencers" having these perfectly curated versions of their lives and their children presented on Instagram. Hopefully Allie will resist the urge to use her daughter for content, I really feel for all the kids being raised in the current online environment.

I still think Tylan is gay and is going to live vicariously through having a baby girl, lol. And they really need to stop going to Hawaii but I wasn't going to comment that because I'm sure I'd get attacked.

Silverwinged
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silverwinged »

arctous wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:09 am
I don't watch Allie anymore but I came here after seeing that she is pregnant. I'm sure she will enjoy being a mom. The way she talked about her hesitation around pregnancy and fear of the unknown sounded very familiar to me as someone with control issues... And I see so many "influencers" having these perfectly curated versions of their lives and their children presented on Instagram. Hopefully Allie will resist the urge to use her daughter for content, I really feel for all the kids being raised in the current online environment.

I still think Tylan is gay and is going to live vicariously through having a baby girl, lol. And they really need to stop going to Hawaii but I wasn't going to comment that because I'm sure I'd get attacked.
he's 100% gay. i've watched her on and off for AGES, have always thought this.
its not uncommon in mormonism to realize you're gay/be out somewhat to close family members or close friends, but get married and have a family anyways because that's what the church says is the correct path. (source, two very good used-to-be-moron friends in my circle)

she must know... right? lol

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Deedlemonster wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:47 am
Does she EVER not slick her hair back?
Nope.

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

The slicked back hair. I don't watch her channel so I don't know anything about her, however somebody that does subscription boxes that I occasionally watch had come clean about her hair that she always had in a ponytail. She did a confession video that she styled her hair that way to cover up alopecia. I'm not saying that's the same kind of thing with Allie. Another reason could be trichotillomania and part of abstaining from hair pulling means she's putting her hair up like she does to prevent being triggered.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

I don't have alopecia but wouldn't the constant tight ponytail/slick bun make it worse due to tension? If it's the latter, then that makes more sense. That being said, she could use wigs/hair extensions to change up her hairstyles with minimal damage.

alwaysspillingtea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alwaysspillingtea »

Following...I recently started watching her videos.

arctous
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by arctous »

Screenshot_20230825-131826.png
Anyone else find it weird that she highlighted this response even though she never replies to comments anymore? So many people talked about struggling with people pleasing but she wants to deny that it's coming from an unhealthy place lol. Being kept up at night because you're afraid everyone doesn't like you is not a normal behavior that comes out of nowhere Allie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

maybe it's her way of being passive-aggressive?

Return to “A-E”