their channels are SO inconsistent

rileybean
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

their channels are SO inconsistent

Post by rileybean »

Ok I've been watching both of these girls for years- and yes they have gotten increasingly annoying since they have become so successful, but it's become such a guilty pleasure of mine I can't get away from them. But it drives me nuts that they will both go from posting so many videos that I can hardly keep up with them to not posting for weeks at a time (other than a random sponsored video to try and sell you something with their name stamped on it- which I also find extremely obnoxious). I have a feeling once they have made enough money they will quit doing videos all together.... Thoughts?

Sophia1st

Re: their channels are SO inconsistent

Post by Sophia1st »

rileybean wrote:I have a feeling once they have made enough money they will quit doing videos all together.... Thoughts?
Yep, 100% agree with that. they will see themselves to be too good for youtube, I wish so hard that they fail ONE TIME so that they get they noses down to earth again.

Sunset123
Debater
Debater

Post by Sunset123 »

theyre headed that direction :?

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

unless they make in the triple digits of millions, they won't ever make enough money to quit youtube and continue their lifestyle. they are nothing without youtube. who the hell knows who the fowlers are if the word youtube isn't attached to their description? all their business ventures are contingent on their youtube success. so when they quit, their business opportunities would decrease. none of their current business ventures are really successful anyway.

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

I agree I think once they hit their money quota made off youtube for the month they just don't care because they don't have to do anything and the money keeps on rolling in. The Fowlers aren't anything with out youtube, but they will never struggle. They were born with a silver spoon in their mouths and they strike me as the type to marry up. I think it's the reason they moved in to the W hotel, they ultimately want to land a rich man to take care of them so they continue being lazy spoiled brats. But look at the Kardashian's they're millionares for doing nothing so it's not like it can't be done. I think both of them desperately want to be on a reality show, they keep name dropping Big Brother I bet their agent is trying hard to try and get them in to something. Their problem is only 12 year olds watch them and they aren't at all interesting. Who really wants to watch Elle talk to her Cat and organize candles all day?.

LuvLuv1D
Learner
Learner

Post by LuvLuv1D »

I can understand how someone would need a break from YouTube, I really do! They've been doing it for 5 years straight, sometimes you need a break sometimes. Even people with regular 9-5 jobs get 6 weeks vacation.

BUT, if they want to take a break, THEY SHOULD PRE FILM VIDEOS! It makes perfect sense! Spend a couple days working "overtime" to get 8-10 videos prepared, then release them slowly over the next few weeks. There is no excuse for them to go 3 weeks + without uploading a new video.

LuvLuv1D
Learner
Learner

Post by LuvLuv1D »

Sorry to double post but one more thing. I know filming takes a long time, but if you're just sitting in front of a camera talking, that requires very little editing. And if you're filming several at a time, you only have to set up your lighting, equipment, etc once!

Other beauty gurus who are still in high school film ALL their videos on the weekends and then release them during the week when they're in school.

I try to be understanding to Elle and Blair and ALL the girls in the beauty community, but I agree it bothers me as well how they post so many sponsored videos and so few non sponsored ones. They even sneak in product placements into "legit" looking videos. Even their July Favorites was just an excuse to plug Skylark. Granted, I actually bought their perfume, but I don't like being hit over the head with nonstop advertisements!

I wish we could get the "old" Elle and Blair back. Back before nose jobs, and snooty LA attitudes, and endorsing more products than a Kardashian.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

^ I agree 100% as I'm sure most of us do & I think we all wish they'd go back their "old selves".

The problem is that Blair was so young when she became popular & she is still becoming who she will be (ok, that sounded fucked but wtv) which is a shady, con-artisty kind of person. The world she is developing in is warping her. If she doesn't get any education or culture she will have to stay in LaLaLand forever. Otherwise, she will be like Paris Hilton in Simple Life :?

She had so much potential and has taken such a weak turn considering the amount of resources at their disposal. It's sad.

With Elle, I prefer her way of plugging things only because she disperses them with other "real" videos. Plus, she actually talks about beauty outside of random sponsored videos & seems to have genuine enthusiasm for beauty.

The weird part is that when I'm just looking at E&B, Blair looks like she knows more about beauty & fashion than Elle does. Neither of them are outstanding but between them, Blair seems to dress herself a bit better and her hair/makeup is usually better too. Elle always seems to need help yet she's doing all this blogging?

It really confuses me.

:HK:

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

LuvLuv1D wrote:Sorry to double post but one more thing. I know filming takes a long time, but if you're just sitting in front of a camera talking, that requires very little editing. And if you're filming several at a time, you only have to set up your lighting, equipment, etc once!
I don't like the fact that they almost never do anything but sit in front of the camera. The last time I remember Blair did anything other than sitting in front of a camera was the prom video. I know Elle did one "follow me around" for Makeup Mayhem. But I can't remember any others in recent times.

They don't do anything interesting. They don't even insert close-ups of products. They just put in no effort whatsoever.

They also lack authority. They go out and buy products and use/review them, but they are in no way "gurus". They don't create original looks and they don't do anything better than your average makeup user who's not on YouTube.

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

fossilfinger wrote:They don't even insert close-ups of products.
Elle does, actually. At least in some videos.

Return to “Elle & Blair”