Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sierra Elmore/sierrawritesya

Post by pancakesnpeppermint »

Sharing testimonials from an xoxo, sierra customer:

original thread (posted dec 25, 2021): https://archive.vn/o63JE
update ao aug 7, 2022: https://archive.vn/1xhSA

i don't think sierra is a bad person and i sincerely believe that she is trying. but it should not take more than a year to resolve unfulfilled orders. i imagine that having an unresolved order for 1 year+ and receiving subpar customer service can cause anxiety, especially when you have your own bills, utilities, and perhaps even medicine to pay for.

accountability shouldn't end at admitting your bad business decisions. it also requires following through on resolving their impact on customers. and i really hope that her customers finally get what they deserve.

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

So I looked up Sierrawritesya on reddit and found this. (Via r/BlackPeopleTwitter) Her mom’s old Twitter was @1ArtisticLady. It’s currently @filmzmymg

Instagram is filmzbymichelleg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Post by just a cat »

howcouldshenot wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:02 pm
I'm 98% sure you can't sue anonymous posters on an internet forum for defamation. And that being said, defamation itself is incredibly hard to prosecute in the US. As is libel.
I AM NOT A LAWYER, this is not legal advice, please consult a lawyer in your state for information.

That being said, you CAN be sued for posts made online but there has to be a lawyer willing to take the case and then finding the individuals that are allegedly defaming said person. Even then, there is no guarantee the plaintiff will win because they have to prove about 4-to-5 things for it to constitute defamation and then there are the anti-SLAPP laws in each state. There's also the chance that a defamation suit might bring more attention to the very thing the plaintiff is trying to suppress (Barbara Streisand Effect), especially if it's a public figure against a random schmuck.

howcouldshenot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by howcouldshenot »

just a cat wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:53 pm
howcouldshenot wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:02 pm
I'm 98% sure you can't sue anonymous posters on an internet forum for defamation. And that being said, defamation itself is incredibly hard to prosecute in the US. As is libel.
I AM NOT A LAWYER, this is not legal advice, please consult a lawyer in your state for information.

That being said, you CAN be sued for posts made online but there has to be a lawyer willing to take the case and then finding the individuals that are allegedly defaming said person. Even then, there is no guarantee the plaintiff will win because they have to prove about 4-to-5 things for it to constitute defamation and then there are the anti-SLAPP laws in each state. There's also the chance that a defamation suit might bring more attention to the very thing the plaintiff is trying to suppress (Barbara Streisand Effect), especially if it's a public figure against a random schmuck.
Oh that's good to know, thank you! I've heard lots of stories about how difficult it is to get a defamation suit through in the US (particularly in relation to the UK) but didn't know you could actually sue anonymous posters on what's basically reddit.

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

howcouldshenot wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:58 pm
just a cat wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:53 pm

Oh that's good to know, thank you! I've heard lots of stories about how difficult it is to get a defamation suit through in the US (particularly in relation to the UK) but didn't know you could actually sue anonymous posters on what's basically reddit.
Idk about anonymous site but recently a rapper sue a blogger because this lady was really saying some crazy ish about this rapper. Also you have to have the time and money to really go through with it.

Look up this to see more:
Cardi B Awarded $4 Million in Libel Lawsuit Against Celebrity Gossip Blogger

also talk to a real LAWYER who will have more information

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Sierra’s deleted tweets again. It’s a day ending in y.

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Sierra’s on the Jeanette McCurdy hype train. Worry about that lawyer of yours. https://archive.ph/hLCVZ

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

https://archive.ph/qwmqq

Is it really a wip if it’s set to be published next month? (Sorry for the double post)

bcj13
Debater
Debater

Post by bcj13 »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:42 pm

Is it really a wip if it’s set to be published next month? (Sorry for the double post)
With every generic photo board tweet she posts, the writer inside me dies a little more. I cannot imagine putting that together and going "yes, this will definitely make people want to read my book!"

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

bcj13 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:18 pm
DraculaFan666 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:42 pm

With every generic photo board tweet she posts, the writer inside me dies a little more. I cannot imagine putting that together and going "yes, this will definitely make people want to read my book!"
It gives “I’m the YA Tyler perry”

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:04 pm
bcj13 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:18 pm

Now I wanna figure out which character will be played by Sierra.

Or it could be a Nutty Professor/Eddie Murphy situation where she plays all of them.

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

sofisticat wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:54 pm
DraculaFan666 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:04 pm

Now I wanna figure out which character will be played by Sierra.

Or it could be a Nutty Professor/Eddie Murphy situation where she plays all of them.
Her bullies, if they recognize her, will get a kick out of that.

bookish_genx_mom
Learner
Learner

Post by bookish_genx_mom »

I thought it was some kind of bougie dark academia. That screams Midwestern small town.

illuminatethis
Lurker
Lurker

Post by illuminatethis »

I've been reading but not posting as, while I think the discussion is fine and absolutely not 'cyberbullying' like she says, Sierra has said it contributes to her negative mental health so I decided not to contribute.

However, this pushed me over the edge. The people on here made a point about how people still have not received products or refunds due to her being bad with money, as an example pointing out that she bought an expensive bag. Her response is that it was ok because she had a job at that point.

First she only recently got that job when she bought the bag, which shows her bad financial decisions that after a long time of asking internet people for money and owing customers money, this is what you decide to do when you get a job. Second, I don't care if she had a job it doesn't make it ok. If you have money coming in and you owe money to customers, it is not ok to buy yourself an expensive bag until you have paid back the money you owe. It's that simple.

The fact she thinks that is an ok response or excuse shows how terrible her financial decision making is and shows that she does not at all comprehend or acknowledge what she has done wrong.

However - I do agree with the bread maker thing, i pine after stuff i want all the time without actually buying it, so I will give her that 😅
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Sierra should go to a local library and read a grammar book.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:08 am
I find most booktuber's advice of how to get into reading/get back into reading is never really that helpful. Some of the basic tips here, while generic, aren't bad, but making a spreadsheet is a bit much, lol.

Also, I love how she's always positioning herself as advice giver (but never seems to follow it herself).

Nefret
Informer
Informer

Post by Nefret »

sofisticat wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:10 am
I find most booktuber's advice of how to get into reading/get back into reading is never really that helpful. Some of the basic tips here, while generic, aren't bad, but making a spreadsheet is a bit much, lol.

Also, I love how she's always positioning herself as advice giver (but never seems to follow it herself).
I think doing the "here's what works for me" lens is helpful when it comes to slumps, with the knowledge that it will only work for people that already have reader habits like yours.

Using spreadsheets and apps would 100% throw me even further into a slump.

soratyrus
Debater
Debater

Post by soratyrus »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
LOL maybe I do too, because I don't see anything wrong with her grammar in her responses? Also it's Twitter, grammar is the last thing anyone cares about.

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

soratyrus wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:58 pm
DraculaFan666 wrote:
LOL maybe I do too, because I don't see anything wrong with her grammar in her responses? Also it's Twitter, grammar is the last thing anyone cares about.
I meant she needs to improve her grammar for her books. Ofc twitter isn’t optimal for proper grammar.

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

Nefret wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:25 pm
sofisticat wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:10 am

I think doing the "here's what works for me" lens is helpful when it comes to slumps, with the knowledge that it will only work for people that already have reader habits like yours.

Using spreadsheets and apps would 100% throw me even further into a slump.
Right I think spreadsheet(which I never use for that just keep track of books I already have on my shelf) and apps come after for me.

I feel like I'm thw worst person to ask this because all I tell them is pick up a childhood favorite and go from there 🤦🏾‍♀️

Return to “BookTube”