Michel Janse Part 6: The Doormat Era

babypinks332
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Michel Janse Part 6: The Doormat Era

Post by babypinks332 »

Poopshoes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:06 am
Also, I truly dont understand the ‘body checking’ comments. I feel like if michel were to have gone the other way and binge ate to cope with her feelings and she got fat but was showing off her body, then people would be applauding here even into the point of obesity and saying things like ‘your body changes as you get older’. Instead, she’s just barely underweight and people are freaking out. I don’t think she looks freakishly thin, she’s just a skinny girl and always has been and she’s fluctuated down instead of up due to stress.
the body checking comments refer to that every time she shows her full body, shes wearing skin tight clothing, shes posing in a way that accentuates and emphasizes how thin she is. The issue is not that she's experiencing a lot of disordered eating but that people have commented that its triggering to some viewers and she ignored it. She agreed shes lost a lot of weight, thats not "barely underweight" especially for her height.

Theres a difference between disordered eating and showing your enthusiastically showing your viewers your bad eating habits, liquids instead of eating meals, and taking photos in which her thinness is the focal point

sufficientcontact
Informer
Informer

Post by sufficientcontact »

Poopshoes wrote:
Also, I truly dont understand the ‘body checking’ comments. I feel like if michel were to have gone the other way and binge ate to cope with her feelings and she got fat but was showing off her body, then people would be applauding here even into the point of obesity and saying things like ‘your body changes as you get older’. Instead, she’s just barely underweight and people are freaking out. I don’t think she looks freakishly thin, she’s just a skinny girl and always has been and she’s fluctuated down instead of up due to stress.
it's not the fact she lost weight. it's the fact that she's started to show off her body more often now that she's very thin. she knows that she gets attention (mostly positive attention, especially on platforms like tiktok with young impressionable girls that see her Very Thin frame as enviable and aspirational) so she continually shares images of herself in tightly fitted outfits, legs, mid-drift, or collarbones exposed and posed in ways that emphasize how small those body parts look.

when you combine those images and videos of her posed with her admitting she has an ED, there's no defending the behavior. it does damage to people ("oh, this is a normal, healthy girl who eats pastries and drinks 500 calorie drinks, why am I such a fat slob?"), especially if they don't follow her closely and realize that this is not her normal size. this is the size she's at when she's restricting her food.

i know that the next line of defense will be, "well she's not responsible for people who watch her!" but consider the fact she's intentionally pursuing connections with young girls as her target demographic (see: the last thread where she had a meet and greet for tweens)... i'm sorry, she doesn't get a pass for that. it's morally abhorrent behavior.

some_loser
Lurker
Lurker

Post by some_loser »

sufficientcontact wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:25 am
Poopshoes wrote:
it's not the fact she lost weight. it's the fact that she's started to show off her body more often now that she's very thin. she knows that she gets attention (mostly positive attention, especially on platforms like tiktok with young impressionable girls that see her Very Thin frame as enviable and aspirational) so she continually shares images of herself in tightly fitted outfits, legs, mid-drift, or collarbones exposed and posed in ways that emphasize how small those body parts look.

when you combine those images and videos of her posed with her admitting she has an ED, there's no defending the behavior. it does damage to people ("oh, this is a normal, healthy girl who eats pastries and drinks 500 calorie drinks, why am I such a fat slob?"), especially if they don't follow her closely and realize that this is not her normal size. this is the size she's at when she's restricting her food.

i know that the next line of defense will be, "well she's not responsible for people who watch her!" but consider the fact she's intentionally pursuing connections with young girls as her target demographic (see: the last thread where she had a meet and greet for tweens)... i'm sorry, she doesn't get a pass for that. it's morally abhorrent behavior.
I would also add that she has already commented on how she unintentionally lost too much weight and was wanting to focus on eating more nutritious meals. But now she's buying new clothes in smaller sizes than she used to, she got older clothes altered to fit her new frame, and comments on how clothes are too big for her now.

I would have assumed after she acknowledged her weight loss as being unhealthy, she would have made more of an effort to gain weight back to her regular weight, or at the very least not flaunt how much smaller she is now. And it can be interrupted that she's flaunting her new body with the comments about needing small sizing, alterations, and the photos.

It's dangerous because she's acknowledged the disordered eating, and then flaunts the results of that disordered eating.

pettycrimes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pettycrimes »

im sorry but if people struggling with eds, a lot of them, are saying that something is triggering or they recognize patterns and behaviors typical of the pro-ana community, you dont get to be like "shes just a thin girl its not that deep". also "obese" people definitely didnt need to be brought up, thats just plain insensitive and inaccurate. our society is fatphobic, they would rip her apart; her fans are praising her now. consider yourself lucky you dont understand the struggle and move on. no need to invalidate people like that. she makes unnatural poses to show off how boney she is, her head is becoming disproportionate to her body, she has no shoulders anymore. ok, her bone structure is "curvy" but it doesnt make her healthy just because she has an hourglass figure. shes literally making thinspo content. she may not look like E. C. but the behavior is similar. sorry to sound harsh but its a sensitive topic.
Poopshoes wrote:

Poopshoes
Learner
Learner

Post by Poopshoes »

I am actually quite overweight. I’ve also been quite underweight. It’s been my experience that people hype me up when I’m fat, but expressed concern when I was small, even though both were due to unhealthy eating patterns and honestly being large is more taxing on my health. My point is that michel ‘showing off’ and enjoying her body after weight loss isn’t necessarily body checking, and it’s a double standard to comment on weight change in one direction - we wouldn’t be commenting if she gained.
pettycrimes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:18 pm
im sorry but if people struggling with eds, a lot of them, are saying that something is triggering or they recognize patterns and behaviors typical of the pro-ana community, you dont get to be like "shes just a thin girl its not that deep". also "obese" people definitely didnt need to be brought up, thats just plain insensitive and inaccurate. our society is fatphobic, they would rip her apart; her fans are praising her now. consider yourself lucky you dont understand the struggle and move on. no need to invalidate people like that. she makes unnatural poses to show off how boney she is, her head is becoming disproportionate to her body, she has no shoulders anymore. ok, her bone structure is "curvy" but it doesnt make her healthy just because she has an hourglass figure. shes literally making thinspo content. she may not look like E. C. but the behavior is similar. sorry to sound harsh but its a sensitive topic.
Poopshoes wrote:

pettycrimes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pettycrimes »

Poopshoes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:31 pm
I am actually quite overweight. I’ve also been quite underweight. It’s been my experience that people hype me up when I’m fat, but expressed concern when I was small, even though both were due to unhealthy eating patterns and honestly being large is more taxing on my health. My point is that michel ‘showing off’ and enjoying her body after weight loss isn’t necessarily body checking, and it’s a double standard to comment on weight change in one direction - we wouldn’t be commenting if she gained.
pettycrimes wrote:
maybe we, on this thread, wouldnt. but a broader audience would be brutal with that. again we arent commenting necessarily about the looks (which are still a symptom of sickness), but the whole behavior around it. she says herself shes being unhealthy, yet posts her body way more than when she was healthy, and in very specific poses that are innuendos to the type of bodychecking youd find on certain pro ana sites. same with her food. shes not a "bigger" girl on a fitness and weight loss journey, shes a girl that knows shes ill yet she chooses to post triggering content, which is much deeper than her being skinny.

babypinks332
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by babypinks332 »

Poopshoes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:31 pm
pettycrimes wrote:
if she hadnt been experiencing disordered eating, it wouldnt be body checking. She admitted to skipping meals, not eating, and disordered eating. thats why following up with that with showing off how tiny she is in her tiny clothing, repeating how shes sizing down in everything, showing how big clothes are on her, posting photos with poses that accentuate her thinness, means shes been bodychecking. shes proud of what shes doing and its harmful to young viewwers and viewers with EDs. She was also told this. And she ignores it. thats what the issue is.

Point is, nobody is simply commenting on her weight. We're commenting on her behavior based on the weight change. She's flaunting the weight loss. Through behaviors, not words obviously. Bodychecking isnt referring to her body itself. Its her actions.

Eyerollingatgurus
Talker
Talker

Post by Eyerollingatgurus »

She seems to be really into the vintage clothes scene, but have we ever seen her wear them?!

smallhamlet
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by smallhamlet »

Except Michel's said she's not happy with or proud of her body, instead she says she feels stress and shame for losing weight she knows she shouldn't be losing because of disordered eating. And yet she's wearing more and more revealing clothing now that she's lost, by her own account, too much weight. She's flaunting the weight loss. And then she engages in behavior that she knows could be triggering to her vulnerable viewers such as the constant body checks, showing her eating just a plate of watermelon and cucumbers at a meal, talking about her clothes don't fit her.
Last edited by smallhamlet on Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pettycrimes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pettycrimes »

Eyerollingatgurus wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 pm
She seems to be really into the vintage clothes scene, but have we ever seen her wear them?!
my exact thought... we only ever see her in the same 3 fits. even the last batch of vintage clothing she got tailored... where did it go? why hoard it just because its cute for pictures or stories, when there are actual vintage lovers out there that would use them on the daily? just because its thrifted it doesnt mean it cant be consumerism :? michel gurl...

ItsGigiguys
Talker
Talker

Post by ItsGigiguys »

In her latest vlog (offer on the house) Michel was exhausted. Some of you picked up on it and interpreted it as sadness. I am wondering: Could she be pregnant?

Michel left this comment under the vlog:"Y’all SO MUCH has happened and changed in the last week that I am shocked that I filmed this vlog only a week ago. Hahaha please prepare for a bit of a roller coaster over the next couple vids 😂🤍🫶🏻"

I don't think her comment relates to the house/offer. Even if it has been sitting on the market for a bit/not receiving offers, it would be very surprising in this housing/real estate market for a lowball offer to get accepted.

Lovelylu
Informer
Informer

Post by Lovelylu »

ItsGigiguys wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:39 pm
In her latest vlog (offer on the house) Michel was exhausted. Some of you picked up on it and interpreted it as sadness. I am wondering: Could she be pregnant?

Michel left this comment under the vlog:"Y’all SO MUCH has happened and changed in the last week that I am shocked that I filmed this vlog only a week ago. Hahaha please prepare for a bit of a roller coaster over the next couple vids 😂🤍🫶🏻"

I don't think her comment relates to the house/offer. Even if it has been sitting on the market for a bit/not receiving offers, it would be very surprising in this housing/real estate market for a lowball offer to get accepted.
The house she put an offer on is still showing active status so I don’t think that’s it either.

babypinks332
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by babypinks332 »

ItsGigiguys wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:39 pm

My guess is that Jordy has decided to move in with her in the past week

ItsGigiguys
Talker
Talker

Post by ItsGigiguys »

I haven't watched the vlog where she toured the house she made an offer on. Does she plan to turn it into a short-term rental while she lives on the property?

While it is financially smart for her to invest her money into real estate (she makes over 200K a year - some of you were wondering in the old thread), turning it into an airbnb while she lives there would be a mistake. Not only would it be extra work to run the rental and a nuisance to have "new neighbors" every week, it would also not be safe. Any creep from around the world who happens to watch her YT/TikTok could just book her property.

She should buy a condo or small house to live in herself, and then when the time comes that she needs something bigger, just rent it out long term or sell it.

Maybe the rollercoaster she mentioned in the comment under her vlog refers to her finding a different property to make an offer on?

Littlesparkle41
Informer
Informer

Post by Littlesparkle41 »

I don’t think she’s pregnant. I don’t think her body is healthy enough to get pregnant right now

some_loser
Lurker
Lurker

Post by some_loser »

Littlesparkle41 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:33 pm
I don’t think she’s pregnant. I don’t think her body is healthy enough to get pregnant right now
I agree, I was even starting to wonder if her hair loss has to do with E.D.
She really needs to take a step back from the internet and social media. It's a dangerous place for someone with an E.D. because you constantly compare, and also having such a large platform means she's also getting a lot of validation and self-worth from strangers. She's had an unbelievably hard year, it's effecting her mental health so much that her physical health is deteriorating exponentially.

Poopshoes
Learner
Learner

Post by Poopshoes »

I don’t think she’s pregnant. I honestly don’t think anything earth shattering happened either she tends to call things crazy when they’re extremely mundane. I bet she bought another house on a whim or something

pettycrimes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pettycrimes »

Poopshoes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:54 pm
I don’t think she’s pregnant. I honestly don’t think anything earth shattering happened either she tends to call things crazy when they’re extremely mundane. I bet she bought another house on a whim or something
i agree. her idea of a rollercoaster is likely way tamer than anything we could ever imagine. she probably found a new coffee place or decorated the bunker :rofl:

msgumdrop
Learner
Learner

Post by msgumdrop »

pettycrimes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:01 pm
Poopshoes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:54 pm
i agree. her idea of a rollercoaster is likely way tamer than anything we could ever imagine. she probably found a new coffee place or decorated the bunker :rofl:
I was thinking the same🤣 it’s prob something super boring like they accepted the offer and all way moving quickly but then it fell through and since then she found another property that she likes better 🥱

Littlesparkle41
Informer
Informer

Post by Littlesparkle41 »

msgumdrop wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:13 pm
pettycrimes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:01 pm

I was thinking the same🤣 it’s prob something super boring like they accepted the offer and all way moving quickly but then it fell through and since then she found another property that she likes better 🥱
Maybe it’s that she stayed on her long board for 20 seconds without falling off 😂

Return to “Michel Janse”