Sierra Elmore/sierrawritesya

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Re: Sierra Elmore/sierrawritesya

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Sierra made posters based on comments here.

Funny how she can take the time to piss around with posters when she couldn’t make a halfway decent cover for her book. Talk about warped priorities.

https://archive.ph/3XDMb

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Maybe if you gave ppl what they owe, you wouldn’t have a thread spanning 13 pages and counting.

darcybones
Informer
Informer

Post by darcybones »

it's not harassment and bullying if you have to go searching for it lol
you're a public figure babe, we can have whatever opinions we want about you and if you come looking for them well then that's on you

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:53 pm
How is “harassment” entertaining to you, Sierra? Could there be a nugget of truth to what we post? Also, stop deleting tweets when they don’t get enough likes and replies.

And another thing: what are the odds we’re your bullies from school? Figure that one out.

To anyone else reading this: if you read this thread and still feel pity for Sierra, then I pity you.
That the things they going to only read the one she tweet out and nothing else
:D

I thought your account was updates only 🤔. So we all know she always looking here. Girl, at this point make an account and talk to us at this point :tu:

bookish_genx_mom
Learner
Learner

Post by bookish_genx_mom »

No one is cyber bullying you Sierra😒
You are actively reading here. Perhaps you should take your own advice and gO oUtSiDe aNd tOuCh gRaSs

There are people who have been successfully self publishing for years offering advice and actual numbers(costs and income etc) for free or a fairly priced Patreon subscription. You haven't even released your first book. It's like someone taking an intro to psych course and positioning themselves as an expert on mental health.

Also, the fixation grown ass adults have with Gossip Girl and Mean Girls is fucking weird. I grew up in the 80s it would be like me still comparing everything to The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, or St Elmo's Fire.

TryingAgain
Learner
Learner

Post by TryingAgain »

bookish_genx_mom wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:38 am
No one is cyber bullying you Sierra😒
You are actively reading here. Perhaps you should take your own advice and gO oUtSiDe aNd tOuCh gRaSs

There are people who have been successfully self publishing for years offering advice and actual numbers(costs and income etc) for free or a fairly priced Patreon subscription. You haven't even released your first book. It's like someone taking an intro to psych course and positioning themselves as an expert on mental health.

Also, the fixation grown ass adults have with Gossip Girl and Mean Girls is fucking weird. I grew up in the 80s it would be like me still comparing everything to The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, or St Elmo's Fire.
It is giving Lucy from the Peanuts sitting in her psychology booth vibes. I bet if you DM the further advice will cost more than 5 cents in the long run. "Hey, I helped you help me feed my cat."

Sounds like Ana Mardoll as well. Now that I think about it How would someone with no job not be evicted from their NYC apartment in this housing climate? She can't make enough in e-begging to pay huge rent and landlords all over are itching to get higher paying tenants in. Something to think about.

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Sierra has a patreon now

https://archive.ph/VXEg5

darcybones
Informer
Informer

Post by darcybones »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:39 am
Sierra has a patreon now

https://archive.ph/VXEg5

minimum 4$ CAD/$3 USD for... blog posts? Are you for real? You gonna refund book boxes with that or...

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

Forgot to post this.
When did anybody make fun of her and her meds. Now I can only speak on US health insurance because I seen them only cover so much but still some of my family have to pay $80-125$ put of pocket. Then from what you said in your tweet if it not deleted its was "30ish$ if you can afford it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

introvertedowl
Talker
Talker

Post by introvertedowl »

Arriahj wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:08 am
Forgot to post this.
When did anybody make fun of her and her meds. Now I can only speak on US health insurance because I seen them only cover so much but still some of my family have to pay $80-125$ put of pocket. Then from what you said in your tweet if it not deleted its was "30ish$ if you can afford it
I had posted about the med dispenser a while back but all I did was post about the med dispenser and how much it cost. It had nothing to do with the actual medications.
And the more that I think about her posting about how this med dispenser "saved her life", sorry but if you can't be trusted to take your medications to the point of it being life threatening (like accidentally forgetting a dose or two once in a while is one thing, it being significantly dangerous is another), I question your ability to live independently. Like maybe she really would benefit from moving home for a while. To get her footing again. Especially considering how young she is. It can be really hard but it's so much better to get back on the path towards living a healthy life sooner rather than later.

darcybones
Informer
Informer

Post by darcybones »

It would also be a completely different story if she wasn't crowd funding every damn thing and doing book hauls (literally will never be over that B&N haul) and talking about "should I buy a breadmaker?". All while people are still waiting for *the shit they paid for*

Honestly even if she had a job and she had said "hey, this medication dispenser is $30/USD a month and i can't afford that but the benefit to my health and well being of having it to help me make sure i'm on my meds would be immesurable" i'd probably be on board with that. But it's that among a MILLION other things *plus* acting like an automatic meds dispenser is some kind of given, like of course she deserves to have that and any critique of it is out pocket.

bcj13
Debater
Debater

Post by bcj13 »

I don't know how Sierra expects to make it as a public figure when she can't even handle criticism about things that there is solid proof on, and actually warrant criticism. People get criticized on here just for buying too many books, us not liking the way she literally scams people out of money is being nice on here. She also seems pretty damn determined to maintain that she actually enjoys writing and calling herself a published author, despite the fact that she turned to self-publishing after 3 tries and hasn't even actually released that book yet... For all she knows, it could get rated 1 star by most reviewers and she'll end up not being able to actually make much money at all. Like I said earlier in this thread, I think she just really wants to feel like the main character in one of the teen shows she is obsessed with but is not willing to put the work in to actually achieve that life.

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

-No one here is jealous of Sierra. This thread was made so Discussion of her wouldn’t clog up the Book twitterthread.

-Idk if she’s happy bc she’s deleted tweets about her allegedly thinking about taking her own life bc of this thread

-well excuse us for not being familiar with NYC. Our point was to find a job outside of writing so you can… y’know stop begging online while buying unnecessary stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

Arriahj wrote:
Forgot to post this.
This one will do the same

Also I don't know who is refreshing this topic every day and reading comments. No one is forcing you, Sierra. Live your writer's life.

TryingAgain
Learner
Learner

Post by TryingAgain »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:01 pm
Arriahj wrote:
Forgot to post this.
This one will do the same

Also I don't know who is refreshing this topic every day and reading comments. No one is forcing you, Sierra. Live your writer's life.
That along with free pill reminder apps on your phone and you are good to go. These are just the first ones that come up in a simple search.

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

Arriahj wrote:
Forgot to post this.
"Pretty much all lies" - which parts, Sierra?
  • Your habit of ebegging? (which people did initially defend you about)
  • Not getting back to people who bought your book boxes? (what happened with those, btw?)
  • When getting called out at your lack of customer service, blame shifting to your "employee" who was overwhelmed by the orders?
  • Crying about being short on rent and then posting about your Kate Spade purse?
  • Crying about being short on rent and then posting about getting a bread maker?
  • Deleting over 2000 of your tweets?
  • Your deleted IG post where someone points out their order was cancelled but they had yet to get their money back? (page 6 of this very thread)
Which parts? I'll wait.

Feel free to add on!

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

PartyCheeseSalad wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:22 am
I can see where people are coming from in regards to my hot take, but I guess I'm just sick and tired of what I see as ageist gentrification of youth spaces. So many people can't cope with aging, and are taking it out on the kids. What's happened to YA, I feel, is just one of the best examples, right up there next to comic books and video games. This tweet sums it up quite well:

https://twitter.com/strnglft/status/1411061818592739331

I'm not saying all YA is bad; in fact, I'm sure that there is some decent stuff out there. The problem is that you'd never know because so much of is shit. Oversaturated shit. Jysk made a great point when it came to the negative influence of fanfic on the genre; and I too think the fundamental issue with YA as a genre boils down to quality control. It just seems like older authors these days can't seem to write anything other than about the guys/girls they wished they slept with in high school or whatever, so I figure why not just let actual YAs write it, it can't be any worse, can it? This isn't even getting into the awful messages so many of them send, such as John Green's "underutilized romantic resources" shit or the "all pretty girls are evil" that so many female authors lean on. I get it, life sucks. Lord knows I've seen people I wish I could've been with. But the point of YA is to give young people adventures they can lose themselves in, not grown ass adults whining about they didn't get laid. And if it's not that, it's just so fucking cringy. So many older writers don't even know how to write young people without it coming off as "how do you do, fellow kids?" level lameness. I've seen quite a few YA books in my local little free library and it's just so bad, I can't imagine anyone reading it, let alone kids. And then you get into Sarah Dessen, Kathleen Hale, Cassandra Clare, E.L. James, and all the other bad apples, and it's like, dude, you're a grown ass adult, why are you not acting your age? Yes, maybe older authors are technically more mature than YA ones would be, but still.
It’s interesting that middle grade by and large doesn’t seem to have this problem, though I know I’ve mentioned Shannon Messenger quite a bit, and the reason is definitely because MG is read almost exclusively by kids and tweens. If adults are reading MG, it’s by and large because they’re MG authors who want to keep up to date with their peers’ work, critics who review MG, or parents who want a way to connect with their kids about what they are reading. I will pick up a middle grade book from time to time that sounds interesting, but MG is not marketed to me the way YA is.

YA isn’t exclusively marketed towards teens now, and you have more and more people exclusively or almost exclusively reading YA who are adults and don’t fall into the categories I mentioned above. Publishers are buying YA books they can market to people in their early twenties and up because of this. A lot of the people on booktok who are just now getting into reading and who are all over YA are not teens. I don’t think all of the issues in terms of quality would evaporate if people in their early twenties and up stopped reading YA, but I do think a lot of the trends in the genre we all seem to dislike wouldn’t be as prelevant. I also wouldn’t be surprised if fanfic as a concept is litigated sometime in the near future, and whatever decision is handed down could impact publishers’ willingness to buy something that originated as fanfic.

It’s troubling to me because I have friends who have kids that love to read, who are aging out of middle grade and want to pick books from the YA section. It’s a problem if thirteen and fourteen year olds can’t find things that are age appropriate for them in the YA section.

I do think that a lot of millennials and older Gen Zers are in a state of extended adolescence, and I imagine this trend will continue with the younger members of Gen Z. I think the reasons for this are complicated and mostly related to people not being able to afford to hit milestones people a generation ago did at certain ages, along with social media. YA books are just one of the areas where this phenomena is playing out. I also think that people's attitudes towards fanfic have changed a lot over the past ten or so years. It's no longer as secretive and embarassing as it used to be, which for the most part I think is a good thing, but I think this shift has resulted in a lot of millennials and some older Gen Zers having a relationship with fanfiction that is very, very different than the one Gen Xers and boomers did. Fanfic becoming more or less mainstream has made a lot of people way too comfortable.

I don’t think anyone on this thread would begrudge Sierra if she genuinely tried to make amends for what happened with her shop. I have a hard time seeing what is said on this thread as cyberbullying as I think that we would all like to see her succeed.

PartyCheeseSalad
Learner
Learner

Post by PartyCheeseSalad »

I'm tempted to say fuck 'em, so many other people didn't hit milestones in the past and were never this bad. The generations who lived through the sheer hellstorm of 1914-1945 (that makes 2020 look like a kid's tea party in comparison) never did shit like this. They never sought to recapture their youth by gentrifying youth culture and booting out all the kids.

As for fanfic, I've sometimes read some that was actually quite good, but the rest is basically lore breaking "dude what if everyone was fucking lol" schlock. I can see why authors like GRRM doesn't like fanfic. And yes, it is a big problem when kids can't find age appropriate stuff to read. I have nieces and nephews alike who only pick up a book if it's for school, then they never read at all. And I can't just say it's that their parents never instilled in them an interest, either; yes, sometimes it is, but a lot more, they tell me they can't find anything to read.

Hell, I can't either, and I'm a grown ass adult. I'm tired of Ayn Rand-level soapboxing about (insert group here) masquerading as a story. I'm tired of unprofessional authors and the stan culture that enables them. I'm tired of the lack of imagination. I'm tired of the crass consumerism of BookTube, the hypocrisy of AuthorTube. I'm tired of how nobody wants to rock the boat and call out millennial (call me a boomer all you want, I don't really care anymore) fragility instead of pretending it's some political/racial issue; there's a reason so many millennials are incels, femcels, etc, etc.

I''m tired of it.

I can't even read any adult books that don't just read like an edgier YA.

We like to say Amazon is the death knell to bookstores and libraries, but I disagree. I think it's just that literature is dead. Nobody really cares anymore. If it wasn't for AWFMLs and their equally vapid, cringy opposition in the mediocre men who boast how anti-woke they are, would anyone bother? Maybe books are just obsolete? Maybe I'm just being a dork, but seeing something I loved growing up (books were my thing while so many other kids were into games, movies, etc) turn into such an abject monstrosity makes me so sad.

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

Opps my bad Sierra girl 🤣🤣🤣 I didn't know they don't have the Walmart.

Also remote jobs are a things to. They send you the stuff also 😘
I don't want to be an authors so I have no need to be jealous 🤪. Another white woman been in the the game for 20+ years and we still don't know who you are 😅.
While that the thing Sierra if I don't like I book I write a reviews and move on because I won't talk about it agina and plus I won't read your.

P.S I'm dead ads serious come make an account since you read here so we can talk. At the end of the day this a gossip site and I believe alot of people be here

Return to “BookTube”