Simply Smuglogical: Not Like Other Youtubers, Just Like Other Ass-holos - Part 3

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Simply Smuglogical: Not Like Other Youtubers, Just Like Other Ass-holos - Part 3

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

doublebatch wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:59 pm
Looks like she's quitting YouTube.
I didn’t Watch the video though I saw it in my sub box. I have been waiting for someone to bring it up. Did she say why? Is she gonna go make nail polishes now?

HereSalem
Debater
Debater

Re: Simply Smuglogical: Not Like Other Youtubers, Just Like Other Ass-holos - Part 3

Post by HereSalem »

She doesn't seem mentally that well tbh. Looks like crippling anxiety and burnout which tracks with her behaviour over the last couple of years. I think her bereavement plus the covid crisis has really affected her mental health.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

HereSalem wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:32 am
She doesn't seem mentally that well tbh. Looks like crippling anxiety and burnout which tracks with her behaviour over the last couple of years. I think her bereavement plus the covid crisis has really affected her mental health.
Wait what happened? I don’t Think I’ve paid attention to her since Covid happened. Maybe around that time. But not much the last year or so.

abahney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abahney »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:19 am
HereSalem wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:32 am
Wait what happened? I don’t Think I’ve paid attention to her since Covid happened. Maybe around that time. But not much the last year or so.
Her dad died from cancer. Ben's mom died not long after, don't know how close they were however

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

abahney wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:40 am
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:19 am

Her dad died from cancer. Ben's mom died not long after, don't know how close they were however
Oh that’s so awful. I can see how those life events can change how you feel about being under the public eye. Even if you’re fans are being supportive there are always going to be those people who over step the boundary or place blame or are just over all asshats cause they think words on the internet don’t hurt.

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:48 pm
doublebatch wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:59 pm
Looks like she's quitting YouTube.
I didn’t Watch the video though I saw it in my sub box. I have been waiting for someone to bring it up. Did she say why? Is she gonna go make nail polishes now?
She's not quitting YouTube exactly, she just isn't going to be posting on her main channel much anymore. She's still going to be active with her livestreaming and the podcast, so I guess it'll just be somewhat less nail content and more of... whatever she does on those channels

Boredartist
Learner
Learner

Post by Boredartist »

it's not like she does any nail videos anymore. does she even do anything with her nails that isn't holo taco related?

Elyezabeth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Elyezabeth »

I don't think it's entirely bereavement, though. She'd been slacking on her main channel for years and so while I'm sure losing her dad was hard for her, I think that shift away from her main channel was basically just her having lost her passion for nail art since she started focusing on selling ONLY Holo Taco stuff and never using anything else. I think she seems otherwise mentally unwell though, like anxious and depressed in general, and I don't know that just quitting her main channel will actually address the root of it.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by takoyaki »

Wow that podcast with safiya was so incredibly boring thanks to Ben. He is sooo fucking full of himself when he's with more people. He tries so hard to show that he's better than everyone else in the room :roll: and he needs to stfu about star wars already no one else in the room cared.

helenas6199
Learner
Learner

Post by helenas6199 »

takoyaki wrote:Wow that podcast with safiya was so incredibly boring thanks to Ben. He is sooo fucking full of himself when he's with more people. He tries so hard to show that he's better than everyone else in the room :roll: and he needs to stfu about star wars already no one else in the room cared.
I watched half of it, but ended up basically skipping through it, because I found it so awkward… Those four just have no chemistry at all and you quickly realize that they’re not real friends… When they did this Q&A thing answering for the other person, it became very obvious that Cristine and Safiya don’t even know the most basic things about each other. And they even admitted they hadn’t seen each other in three years lol. Cristine tries to laugh when Saf makes cringe jokes, but it makes it even worse. Unbearable to watch. It’s like Saf and Cristine both have become caricatures of themselves. Saf is like the ultimate "What’s up, fellow kids" awkward person talking like she’s 70 and not 30, Cristine is the opposite, she’s acting so childish and it became worse and worse over the years… The way she changes her voice when she tries to be funny…Image I think you all know what I’m talking about. I used to love Saf and watch Cristine occasionally because of her, but now I can’t stand both of them.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

These two try to come across as smart, but they're life stupid. They have a very narrow range of experience and knowledge.
That Girl!

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I hate it so much when Ben says "do you want to explain?" And immediately after saying that, without even taking a second to take a breath, he continues talking. The f... you offer to let her speak but then keep freaking talking? He is so full of himself. And he's always chuckling at Cristine if he thinks she's talking too long. He just has to put her down so he can continue talking. How wonder that subscriber years ago sent a letter telling him to shut the fuck up...

GiftOfGarbagyGab
Learner
Learner

Post by GiftOfGarbagyGab »

takoyaki wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:46 am
I hate it so much when Ben says "do you want to explain?" And immediately after saying that, without even taking a second to take a breath, he continues talking. The f... you offer to let her speak but then keep freaking talking? He is so full of himself. And he's always chuckling at Cristine if he thinks she's talking too long. He just has to put her down so he can continue talking. How wonder that subscriber years ago sent a letter telling him to shut the fuck up...
I've seen this get progressively worse on their Simplypodlogical episodes over the past few months. He constantly berates her for being a weirdo. I don't know how she can stand being with him and staying in this toxic relationship. Calling a spade a spade.
He smirks and laughs at her when she is just speaking (hey, benny boy, it's a podcast, she is supposed to SPEAK!), when she gets riled up a bit or passionate about the topic he just stares at her and doesn't say anything, makes her feel stupid. She is always second guessing herself around him, she always has to backup her point and "prove" herself".

For a long time I thought she was annoying and he was just full of himself and smug, but the more I watch them the more it seems like she is doing this as a trauma response (always having to think of things scientifically, or back her claims up, or be "correct") Like chill gurl you are allowed to have an opinion and it doesn't have to match what Benana says. It comes off as extremely low self-esteem and Ben always mentioning her anxiety and how she never leaves the house combined with her having to prove herself in any inane stupid topic they discuss makes me wonder how bad it must be behind closed doors if she is treated this way on a video they post!
“If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me.”
― Alice Roosevelt Longworth

HereSalem
Debater
Debater

Post by HereSalem »

This video is just... I'm speechless.

Ben picks a quiz 'books written by female authors'. Cristine immediately responds "this sounds boring". She proceeds to demonstrate a complete ignorance of all classic and modern literature; she can't even identify Little Women?? "Hurr hurr this title sounds like a woman wrote it" So much for empowering a female fanbase. She's so dismissive and contemptuous.

Like... I know not everyone's a lit fan but how can you be THIS incurious and ignorant? How could you not have simply absorbed a lot of this stuff through pop culture, even just interacting with people and the world? It's starting to make sense why she always seemed to have no worldliness, common sense, air of wonder or even basic knowledge of some of the commonest shared ideologies and... idk. She's a mental desert. She has no interest in ANYTHING. It's honestly so shocking.

(unrelated, but SHE then picked the car quiz presumably to gain some points back, and then can't pronounce Peugeot despite being a french speaker and a supposed car enthusiast????? omg i just can't)

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

In podcast 144, Cristine talks about how her subscribers on her disorder created a some nail polishes and there would be discounts depending on tiers and she thanked them all and Ben says, "yeah so those were a lot of words. Customer appreciation sale this Saturday. Yeah thats fun. Ad read over?" Man what a fucking dick this guy is. Can't he fucking see how happy an excited his girlfriend was about this? And he summarizes it as a long ad read? Cristine even says "it's my life, it's not an ad read". Ben's always fucking talking on and on all the time and he says Cristin is using a lot of words? Fuck this guy.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Ok I cannot stop complaining about Ben on the podcast. On the latest one about vacations he complains about waking up at 3am to catch the flight (which I understand but then it's revealed they got in business class with so much room that the seat lays flat like a bed a d he slept through the flight jfc this man baby...) and Cristine explains that it's in order to catch the second flight in order to arrive at a reasonable hour and he says, "yeah thats how time works." Wow, FUCK THIS GUY. Each time I wonder how condescending he can get, he advances to another level! Holy fuck!

And he's always saying, "do we want to get into this?" Or "let's not get into this" when Cristine brings up something. obviously she wants to fucking get into it since she brought it up and is in the process of taking about it!!! Are you so much of an asshole that you can sit through one or two minutes of what she wants to say? Just let her talk and move on!!! And the times he does do that, he concludes what she was saying with a condescending comment (like my previous post where she talks about her fans on discord and he says "that's a lot of words to say there's a sale" he's always the one who uses too many words to say something simple!!! How dare he say she does that when it's his bad habit!). I cannot believe this asshole.

SylvieMoon
Debater
Debater

Post by SylvieMoon »

Wow I had no idea about Ben being such an asshole. I’m shocked. In her main channel he mainly is portrayed I think like a doting partner.

chipn dip
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by chipn dip »

he needs his own channel, can't bear watching him and their dynamic is weird af

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

SylvieMoon wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:29 pm
Wow I had no idea about Ben being such an asshole. I’m shocked. In her main channel he mainly is portrayed I think like a doting partner.
He totally seemed like that way early on when he first started appearing on her videos but as time went by he showed other sides of his awful personality. He is SO full of himself and apparently, according to what he's said about his past in the podcast, he's always been like that.

GiftOfGarbagyGab
Learner
Learner

Post by GiftOfGarbagyGab »

chipn dip wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:37 am
he needs his own channel, can't bear watching him and their dynamic is weird af
Yeah I do not get their romantic dynamic AT ALL. They seem like close-ish friends more than lifelong partners.
Anyways if he had his own channel no one would watch. The only reason he is on the podcast is because they started it during Covid and she was too scared to do it alone - and although they keep saying they want actual guests on, they've only ever had their siblings over/on the show (aside from a couple zoom guests and like, one dude who was there to talk about finance I think). Point being, I feel like Cristine wants to have FUN, EXCITED, FRIENDLY talks with fun people but she ends up doing it with Ben because of her anxiety, like she had too much anxiety to do the podcast alone.

I feel like she would have a better show if it was just her doing a livestream podcast (like she does with her gaming) but if she hosted her own podcast with her own guests and had live chats with her audience, which is what she likes about streaming, she always says her favorite thing is interacting with her followers more directly - which is why she stepped away from making her videos alone in her basement. That would be much better for her imo.
Ben is now a sugar baby basically. Left his great Gov't job (to help a drowning Cris, fair enough I guess) but he is just lapping this podcast thing up but he is always dripping with contempt. F*ck that guy indeed.
“If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me.”
― Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Return to “Simply Nailogical”