Hautmess Tom

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Hautmess Tom

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

I hadn't seen a thread on this content creator but their videos appear on my feed and I have seen them associating with HLP, NIsipisa, Samantha March, etc. The vibes I get from them are that they are a lowkey grifter, stresses the importance of "clean and sustainable beauty" while having a huge (mostly luxury collection ) and just general classism.

kpopit
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Hautmess Tom

Post by kpopit »

Grifter? In what way??

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

kpopit wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:12 pm
Grifter? In what way??
I'm assuming its the whole guy into makeup angle. Its a definite grifting for a very specific audience that only seems to enjoy people like him for their own diversity points in getting to say see how accepting of people I am.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Boohbear75 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:09 am
kpopit wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:12 pm
Grifter? In what way??
I'm assuming its the whole guy into makeup angle. Its a definite grifting for a very specific audience that only seems to enjoy people like him for their own diversity points in getting to say see how accepting of people I am.
I wasn’t referring to a guy being in the industry. I had watched some videos where I noticed that they had very similar talking points to HLP about having and using their collection and then I noticed that he slowely became a luxury channel which nothing wrong with that, but the longer I watched his videos, the more I realized that it was just wordy and lacked substance. I could be reading in too much with their intentions but I think they’re a candy character, not because it’s a guy into makeup necessarily

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

DrowningInMelancholy wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:21 pm
Boohbear75 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:09 am

I wasn’t referring to a guy being in the industry. I had watched some videos where I noticed that they had very similar talking points to HLP about having and using their collection and then I noticed that he slowely became a luxury channel which nothing wrong with that, but the longer I watched his videos, the more I realized that it was just wordy and lacked substance. I could be reading in too much with their intentions but I think they’re a candy character, not because it’s a guy into makeup necessarily
Yeah the word salads. His political s is written all over him with that just like HLP. Makes sense that Kackie name drops him a lot.

kpopit
Talker
Talker

Post by kpopit »

I'm trying to get through their video but their mic quality makes it so that you hear all the spitting / lisp / tongue and lip smacking sounds which freaks me out

+GetInLoser+
Talker
Talker

Post by +GetInLoser+ »

I don’t mind Tom so much, I actually thoroughly enjoy most of their videos. HOWEVER they are definitely in that HLP/Kackie vein of creators that lovvvvves to hear themselves talk and talks so much without really saying anything. I feel like this gives the illusion of thorough, in-depth reviews when really they are just overly verbose without good reason. A lot of their videos could easily be cut to 1/3 of their length. This will only get worse as Tom’s channel grows and pretty soon they will be insufferable. I’ll be sad when I have to unsubscribe bc I can no longer make it through a video, lol. I also get clout-chasing vibes from Tom which is just not cute.

kpopit
Talker
Talker

Post by kpopit »

I watched a full length video and was shocked how much they've adopted HLP's speech patterns, mannerisms and vocab - even the recent but brief "my precious"

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

kpopit wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:29 pm
I watched a full length video and was shocked how much they've adopted HLP's speech patterns, mannerisms and vocab - even the recent but brief "my precious"
Yes it’s kinda culty and hive mind. Makes sense why Kackie keeeps name dropping him.

kpopit
Talker
Talker

Post by kpopit »

Boohbear75 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:35 am
kpopit wrote:
Yes it’s kinda culty and hive mind. Makes sense why Kackie keeeps name dropping him.
FYI, their pronouns are they/them

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Boohbear75 wrote:
kpopit wrote:
I agree and there's no reason why a review for one product is nearly an hour. Also the aversion to drugstore or really any products that are attainable by the masses, lol.

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

kpopit wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:25 pm
Boohbear75 wrote:

FYI, their pronouns are they/them
Pronouns are rather culty too BTW

kpopit
Talker
Talker

Post by kpopit »

Is there really a need for transphobia?

Yetta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yetta »

I'm going to leave that post there, with a warning to everyone involved. Let's not go there. No need to. Stating that the whole pronoun thing can be culty isn't transphobic. People are very culty about many things. Saying something is culty isn't saying something is bad. Let's just not go there. Move along, please.

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

Yetta wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:36 pm
I'm going to leave that post there, with a warning to everyone involved. Let's not go there. No need to. Stating that the whole pronoun thing can be culty isn't transphobic. People are very culty about many things. Saying something is culty isn't saying something is bad. Let's just not go there. Move along, please.
This is a trash thread. The definition of transphobia is an irrational fear of trans. No irrational fear here. Yes cults are always bad

A need to censor speaks volumes more about you than it does me. Take care I'm not participating in this thread any longer. I don't have any feelings or care at all about this person..

Yetta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yetta »

I didn't censor you. Your post is there. You know nothing about me. My warning was to not let the conversation about pronouns go further. Someone reported your post, and I closed the report. Post or not, you do what you wish.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Anyways…..Why is Tom posting about CT despite ragging on the brand claiming that it was “fake luxury” while simultaneously salivating over their products? IDGI

Boohbear75
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Boohbear75 »

Yetta wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:30 pm
I didn't censor you. Your post is there. You know nothing about me. My warning was to not let the conversation about pronouns go further. Someone reported your post, and I closed the report. Post or not, you do what you wish.
I know you're doing your job I quoted you but was on my phone and didn't see your badge at the time of writting.

Yetta
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yetta »

No worries. I should put Admin in my signature, because people on mobile won't see it otherwise.

kpopit
Talker
Talker

Post by kpopit »

The vocal fry... has even beaten out the likes of HLP

Return to “F-J”