Post by PugsleyWednesday »

A topic for NerdECrafter NerdEJackie NerdyCraftsies:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NerdyCraftsies

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Re: NerdECrafter / NerdEJackie / NerdyCraftsies

What does everyone think of her 'Not Another Crap Craft Kit?' she is shilling for 150 USD

She often is absolutely scathing in her reviews of craft kits and a lot of the time it's over the top, although the main points are valid. However I feel like a lot of the points for her own kit she is now guilty of, and the hypocrisy and lack of call out is surprising.

Even in Moriah Elizabeths video unboxing, she is like why do I need X items when I have a similar product in Y.

I really don't think you get a lot of items for that amount of money spent. She says it's 200$ value, but I am very skeptical of that.

Namu
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Namu »

After I watched a couple of videos of her, I’m sure I’m not her target audience and she got annoying really fast. I don’t think her craft kit is that revolutionary and you could probably buy the things that are in that box individually for a similar price and the things you would actually use but that’s usually the case with kits anyway…

I like to listen to something while I do my crafting and in this season advent calendars are an obvious choice so I thought I would give a chance to her build a bear one since YouTube recommended it but gosh, she’s annoying…she was whining over the price and for me, it just felt like she’s just angry because she wasn’t sent this for free, no one forced her to buy it and she will make a lot more on this video anyway, I loathe when rich YouTubers are whining over the expensive crap they bought…but this advent calendar unboxing she did was horrendous, I didn’t even watch until the end. She had a problem that the box only had bears in it, she wanted Pokémons or other animals, and that the accessories were Christmas-themed, well I don’t know why it was a surprise for her that an Advent calendar is Christmas themed but whatever.

breakfast-princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by breakfast-princess »

Is this the young woman that looks very froggy?
Have you been sleeping, Dale? You got kind of that county fair smell.

BombTheCherry
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0

Post by BombTheCherry »

Absolutely sick of her videos. She doesn't craft at all anymore, not that her crafting was anything other than mediocre. But she jumped onto the TikTok train, and that's all she cares about now, buying absolute junk she's seen there and "reacting" to it. Add to that the ten thousand ads on all of her videos, her piss poor editing, and the gross hat, I cannot stand watching her anymore.

germanic
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Post by germanic »

There was a point when I liked watching her videos, but after a while they become so repetitive and I didn't care for the changed dynamic of the videos when she started including her sister in them. I also found some of the projects, when she did actually craft, a little...odd? Like the turning YouTubers into things seemed a little strange to me. Maybe she is friends with these YouTubers that she did these projects of, but it felt to me like someone taking a parasocial relationship too far.

earthcrosser
Learner
Learner

Post by earthcrosser »

Her thumbnails make me irrationally angry... that face :?

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

For whatever reason this Collab came up on my feed - I haven't subscribed or watched either for ages.

epicspacedorito
Informer
Informer

Post by epicspacedorito »

I've watched a few of her videos on craft kits and does she deliberately act as ignorant and stupid as possible when reading the instructions? Does she expect every single miniscule step (including your morning routine) to be included when the pictures show what you need to do? Like???? She's so annoying

Changed from Davey to give the EBforum users a break from Daveys ugly mug xx

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Has anyone seen her new craft kit - for someone that throws so much shade at other expensive POS kits, she's a total hypocrite.

Its $100 for something you could collate yourself for far FAR cheaper. I've literally seen those bear charms on temu for $2 each and most of the items are $2 each things, except the paint, which if I am remembering correctly decoart is VERY cheap paint anyway, so its nowhere near a $100 value.

athelyna
Lurker
Lurker

Post by athelyna »

Yeah, Michael's and Joann's have 4 packs of that paint for about $14, so 8 bottles would be $28. The silicone trays look like resin molds that seem to retail for around $10, but I'm sure wholesale are a lot less, and I was just looking at google, not temu or aliexpress. I'm guessing the most expensive part besides the paint is the custom little stand and printed table cloth. It's not a terrible value if you are someone who only buys craft supplies from major retailers, all that stuff would probably come out over $100 from a major retail store. It still doesn't seem to have as much value as her previous kits, which at least had the custom molds you could reuse over and over. This kit doesn't look like it took a lot of creativity to put together - even the paints are just primary colors plus black, white, and a gold, not any funky custom palette.

I understand she has health issues that limit her ability to craft, but her channel just got so boring and repetitive with the unboxing stupid little plastic mystery things. I'm still subscribed to her channel but I don't remember the last time I actually watched one of her videos.

Return to “N-Z”