Book Twitter

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Re: Book Twitter

Post by DraculaFan666 »

https://twitter.com/sierrawritesya/stat ... ki5NLYTexw

Sierra’s joining camp NaNoWriMo for the month of July.

She also has a NaNoWriMo group but the link to it isn’t working.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

soratyrus
Debater
Debater

Post by soratyrus »

LOL we just need a separate Sierra thread at this point.

concerned_carrot
Lurker
Lurker

Post by concerned_carrot »

dingbatdixon wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:55 pm
Don’t tell me she has the money to buy a breadmaker
I'm so confused at how none of her followers have picked up on this. One second she's begging for money but an hour later she's debating buying something that is in no way a necessity. The way she makes out her financial situation to be, you'd think Sierra couldn't buy a loaf of bread, but now she wants to make it from scratch? But she still needs money for rent, medicine, her cat (cats?). How are people not connecting dots?
I notice she deletes tweets quite often about when she's buying things, wonder if she'll delete this one at some point.

TheBookishBabe

Post by TheBookishBabe »

TheBookishBabe

Post by TheBookishBabe »

It's crazy how publishing is making people wait so many months to get paid. And still people are trying to make writing a full time job

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

TheBookishBabe wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:03 pm
It's crazy how publishing is making people wait so many months to get paid. And still people are trying to make writing a full time job
4-6 months I always thought they get it in a lump sum. Yes, the way how I see alot of writers want to come at readers about "messing with a livelihood" but but we always see stuff like this. Even if I wanted to be a writer I would never want to put all my eggs in one basket. I think maybe you can become a full rider is either be really popular or be like JK and get an whole universal park deals merch etc

TheBookishBabe

Post by TheBookishBabe »

Arriahj wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:03 am
TheBookishBabe wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:03 pm
4-6 months I always thought they get it in a lump sum. Yes, the way how I see alot of writers want to come at readers about "messing with a livelihood" but but we always see stuff like this. Even if I wanted to be a writer I would never want to put all my eggs in one basket. I think maybe you can become a full rider is either be really popular or be like JK and get an whole universal park deals merch etc
They get their advance in installments not a lump sum. So they get part upon signing, part after revision, part after hardcover release, part after paperback release but publishing has been splitting payment into like 6 installments now and still delaying sending the checks(also often using checks where they could use electronic funds transfers for folks)

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Some guy’s review of a few books. Replies are limited to who he mentions and follows
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bookreader13
Learner
Learner

Post by bookreader13 »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:40 am
Some guy’s review of a few books. Replies are limited to who he mentions and follows
I like this photo’s design and think it would fit well on Bookstagram, but so weird seeing his one sentence line for Red, White, and Royal Blue. I didn’t like that book (not a romance reader usually but I wanted to see if it was my kind of romance story) but to say that it was too political is funny to me because it literally follows a protagonist who is the son of the president and who is aiming to get a job within government. That’s kind of like picking up and reading a horror book and saying there were too many scares. I understand not wanting to read a book that follows real world politics but that response is funny to me without an in-depth review.

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
"should've stayed invisible" - definitely :rofl:

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

Thia was so funny

sofisticat
Informer
Informer

Post by sofisticat »

bookreader13 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:45 am
DraculaFan666 wrote:
I like this photo’s design and think it would fit well on Bookstagram, but so weird seeing his one sentence line for Red, White, and Royal Blue. I didn’t like that book (not a romance reader usually but I wanted to see if it was my kind of romance story) but to say that it was too political is funny to me because it literally follows a protagonist who is the son of the president and who is aiming to get a job within government. That’s kind of like picking up and reading a horror book and saying there were too many scares. I understand not wanting to read a book that follows real world politics but that response is funny to me without an in-depth review.
Yeah, that's a weird take. And from what I remember of the book, there really wasn't much politics in the first place? Like, yah you have the president's family but everything was kept very vague (and blue). I saw in some GR reviews that the royalty lines were messed up from not enough research - something that seems to be a common theme with the author.

Also, love the line of "should've stayed invisible", lol.

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:46 am

Yeah this a no for me

soratyrus
Debater
Debater

Post by soratyrus »

can more authors do the Write Books That Aren't About Black Pain challenge, please

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

soratyrus wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:32 am
can more authors do the Write Books That Aren't About Black Pain challenge, please
Please get something else. Where is the Black Joy. BLACK people are not thinking about racist people 24/7. Had Me in the 1st half thought it was gonna be like a murder mystery which I love and would love to see more of. I hate that Trope of teaming up with the bully and then at the very end everybody BFF and try to justify why the bully did what she did. Honestly just from that I feel like I just read it....

Honest I wonder what other authors think when they see this stuff

DraculaFan666
Debater
Debater

Post by DraculaFan666 »

Arriahj wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:38 pm
soratyrus wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:32 am
Please get something else. Where is the Black Joy. BLACK people are not thinking about racist people 24/7. Had Me in the 1st half thought it was gonna be like a murder mystery which I love and would love to see more of. I hate that Trope of teaming up with the bully and then at the very end everybody BFF and try to justify why the bully did what she did. Honestly just from that I feel like I just read it....

The Black Joy is the money they’ll make from commodifying black trauma.

PartyCheeseSalad
Learner
Learner

Post by PartyCheeseSalad »

DraculaFan666 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:42 pm
Arriahj wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:38 pm

The Black Joy is the money they’ll make from commodifying black trauma.
Don't forget they also love to commodify the trauma of other marginalized groups too.

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Post by just a cat »

Arriahj
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arriahj »

just a cat wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:29 am

the tweets:
https://archive.ph/GzS9t
https://archive.ph/l6kRo
Nothing wrong with mediocre books but some of these authors is on something. Feel like it's very subjective because I can say this one authors writing is bad but another can say "oh I think they have beautiful writing "

That one tweets how did the readers get brought into this for no reason and wasn't related at all to the tweets. Then how is this ableist and racist like Genuinely I'm so confused

Return to “BookTube”