Sasha Alsberg Part 3 (take 2)

jrosesanchez15
Learner
Learner

Re: Sasha Alsberg Part 3 (take 2)

Post by jrosesanchez15 »

driedlavender wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:16 am
She’s responded to this thread before. To me she always seemed like she enjoyed the attention she got from being associated with Sasha (hope she’s good though, I’m also curious about what happened)

I personally know Carmen and Jesy…. And from what I know, neither one of them “enjoyed” any attention in relation to what happened with Sasha.

What they both with through isn’t a laughing matter - and quite verbally and mentally abusive. Not sure how you would think that.

driedlavender
Learner
Learner

Post by driedlavender »

Not laughing, just commenting on how she always knows what’s going on on this thread, how she fangirled and constantly posted about sasha when they moved in together, her general behaviour when they lived together (at the beginning, anyway), always responding to comments about sasha. Made me think she liked the attention.

I’ve personally been in abusive situations as well and, again, I hope she’s okay and I’m glad she’s out of it.

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Post by just a cat »

Sorry, but how are you so scared of a nobody on the internet? This isn't some big name in the industry or someone with actual power over anyone. And why are you blaming gg for being scared to speak out? Nobody here is posing any actual harm to you. You're the one who posted the question when you could've easily ignored it if you didn't want to talk about it. Nothing irks me more than people who vague someone being abusive but don't say anything publicly. At that point it just looks like you're fishing for sympathy or baiting because you like the attention.

Anyways, that Kirkus review was pretty funny. I'm only a few chapters into Breaking Time and so far, it's been meh. It reads like pretty standard YA stuff, nothing too terrible but also nothing riveting either.

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

One of the insiders who posts here occasionally said that her friend applied for the same job as Sasha, and that Sasha freaked out and was harassing her, so I can't blame anyone for being scared of Sasha. Because Jessie was initially a fan of Sasha's there is an underlying power imbalance issue here.

I was the person who said that Jessie needed to spill or shut up -- Jessie, if you're reading this, I'm sorry. I did not understand how serious this was -- I was expecting regular petty roommate clashes, not serious abuse. I sincerely hope you are doing well and that you can heal from what you experienced. No one should ever have to feel how you felt while living with Sasha. You don't need to be scared of anyone here -- we all believe you and are on your side.

I always thought that Sasha's inability to maintain any kind of relationship was because of immaturity/her not being a good friend/etc, but it's becoming clearer and clearer that that is not the case, and that her behaviour is not 'normal' pettiness/brattiness/etc. Her roommate in Boston was also initially a follower of hers, and I find it troubling that this seems to be a pattern for her.

grumble_grumble
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by grumble_grumble »

Cxlovers wrote:Her former Roommate posted this in her Storys
I can’t seem to see the picture, can anyone say what’s written please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just a cat
Informer
Informer

Post by just a cat »

grumble_grumble wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:52 pm
Cxlovers wrote:Her former Roommate posted this in her Storys
I can’t seem to see the picture, can anyone say what’s written please?
>"ask me anything, anonymously"
>question: "how was living in London with a certain person?"
>answer: "I lived in London for a few years PRIOR to this experience and It just made me cherish those good memories so much!"

>"I won't publicly disclose any personal information on social media about the living situation as I wouldn't want that done about me. All I will say is I was in extensive therapy and had to take a semester off due to having PTSD. My friends closest to me know what I went through and knew how terrified I was to even say anything to them. I don't want to ever feel threatened, scared, or trapped in such a way again. I wouldn't wish it on anyone."

stressedbacon
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by stressedbacon »

i can't help but feel sorry for both sides. i really think sasha needs help in dealing with personal relationships (whether romantic or friendships) because she can't continue on going on like this — at this point there's way too many people affected or hurt by her doings/actions and its time she takes some accountability and do some self-criticism. she can't always hide behind the stuff happening in her life because she's an adult and an adult deals with problems, not hide or run away from them. we all deal with stuff and we all need to take accountability no matter if you're a regular or "famous" person.

sasha, if you read this, we just want you to do better and take responsibility for your actions — we understand some circumstances, but these need to stop.

biloubilou
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by biloubilou »

... she seriously dyed her hair again

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

I think she’s rapidly reaching a point where she will have no one to rely on and a bad reputation from both a personal and professional perspective. A lot of the people she’s burned bridges with work in or want to work in publishing, or don’t want to work in publishing but are publishing-adjacent through people they’ve met in the book community. The fact that she allegedly harassed someone who was applying for the same job as her is bad enough on it’s own, but it could hurt her in the long run — if that person is ever on a hiring committee, are they going to hire Sasha if she applies? Are they going to step in if their publishing house ever wants to work with Sasha and shut that down? If she can’t treat people respectfully just because it’s the right thing to do, you would hope she’d do so because it could impact her prospects in the future.

Her entire ‘career’ for at least four or five years at this point has been based on goodwill she built up from when she was still in high school. She can’t keep going on that limited goodwill, especially after the ARC situation, but she’s clearly under the impression that she still can.

Her following, her job, any future publishing deals could be gone overnight if just one of the people she’s wronged sticks their neck out and for lack of a better word given the gravity of what I think would come out, ‘exposes’ her. If someone is brave enough to publicly call her abusive, I’m sure multiple people she’s previously been close with have told her her behaviour is abusive to her face, and she likely doesn’t care, at least not enough to change, but you would think she would understand that accusations of that nature would likely end her influencing and writing career if they were made public.

So far she’s been lucky in that the people she’s treated poorly have been nice enough to not blast it on social media, but one day she’s going to cross the wrong person who isn’t going to tolerate her behaviour. I’m pretty firmly of the opinion that while she’s cordial with other booktubers, a lot of them no longer like her, and would not come to her defence if she got into trouble. I also wouldn’t be surprised if people she’s collaborated with like Regan and Lindsay have stories about her as well. If one of them were to speak out, that would be the final nail in the coffin.

Bookbiatch49
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Bookbiatch49 »

biloubilou wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:48 pm
... she seriously dyed her hair again
Her poor poor hair!!!! I actually think the color she dyed it looks nice on her but her poor hair looks so damaged and the damage/thinning around her hairline is very apparent. She needs to just moisturize the eff out of it and stop dying it so much!!!

I’ve also found the way she embraces and then completely cuts off various friends has been extremely odd but it’s painting a grim picture. The fact that several of them will have nothing to do with her also says a lot.😬

lasvevas
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lasvevas »

How long has it been since Sasha moved in with her ex-landlord? I recall her saying it would only be a month and the dogs would be with their sitters during that time, but it feels like it’s been months already and still no sign of the dogs. I just hope they’re okay if/when they’re reunited with her - they’ve been uprooted so many times.

agleita
Learner
Learner

Post by agleita »

lasvevas wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:13 pm
How long has it been since Sasha moved in with her ex-landlord? I recall her saying it would only be a month and the dogs would be with their sitters during that time, but it feels like it’s been months already and still no sign of the dogs. I just hope they’re okay if/when they’re reunited with her - they’ve been uprooted so many times.

I was thinking the same tbf. She did say she can only move in her new place in July which was why she sent her dogs to their dog sitter for a whole month. Then she did get Fiona back for few days I assume since she no longer posts about her and now she is still living with her ex-landlord when she did say she can move in July? Watch her end up staying there forever and never taking her dogs back because she probably can tell her life is way easier without two massive dogs to take care of

oh_do_tell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by oh_do_tell »

lasvevas wrote:
I actually hope dogs will get more loving and stable homes. It's obvious they are only a burden to her so I hope they will get a more committed parent. Somewhere on the countryside where they can run around and enjoy nature.
It's obvious she is not stable to have this kind of commitment and a person should be serious when having dogs, they are real family members.

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

oh_do_tell wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:44 am
lasvevas wrote:
I actually hope dogs will get more loving and stable homes. It's obvious they are only a burden to her so I hope they will get a more committed parent. Somewhere on the countryside where they can run around and enjoy nature.
It's obvious she is not stable to have this kind of commitment and a person should be serious when having dogs, they are real family members.
I agree. She should have never gotten Fraser and Fiona in the first place. Australian shepherds have never been suited for herself lifestyle, with maybe the exception of when she first got Fraser and was living in Texas, but she knew she was not going to stay there permanently. Everyone involved would have been better off if she had gotten a (single) smaller dog or a cat, but Sasha makes major life decisions based on what works for her Brand and is incapable of thinking longterm or realistically.

If she rehomes Fraser and Fiona that would be one of the few responsible and selfless things she has done in years.

Angel-grlreading9
Learner
Learner

Post by Angel-grlreading9 »

She has barely been active. Maybe she is getting the help she needs and is a functioning person of society. At some point everyone has to grow up and move on from being a social media influencer. You either are making it work for you, seriously working hard and making a ton of money or you aren’t and just look silly. How long before she burns this bridge with her ex landlord she is living with.

jysk
Learner
Learner

Post by jysk »

Angel-grlreading9 wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:56 am
She has barely been active. Maybe she is getting the help she needs and is a functioning person of society. At some point everyone has to grow up and move on from being a social media influencer. You either are making it work for you, seriously working hard and making a ton of money or you aren’t and just look silly. How long before she burns this bridge with her ex landlord she is living with.
I think she's laying low because of Jesy's posts and/or because there is something else going on in her life that she knows will draw criticism (rehoming her dogs, something with her job, etc). Breaking Time also releases in the UK soon and I anticipate the reviews from British publications, as well as British bookbloggers, will be more negative than the ones from American publications -- I wouldn't be surprised if she's been told some are in the pipeline.

When one person is bold enough to speak about their negative experience with someone else, that often makes other people with similar experiences feel more comfortable speaking out. I wouldn't be surprised if there has been stuff going on behind the scenes with Jesy or others she's burned bridges with that is causing her to avoid drawing attention to herself. She has done very limited promotion for Breaking Time, which I think is unusual. It could just be laziness, but I can't help but feel there is something else going on. She has never been self-aware enough to preemptively avoid negative attention by just not posting things or posting less -- she only seems to do that in response to being publicly called out, or because other people stepped in and told her to do so.

Cxlovers
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Cxlovers »

Update of her current situation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

agleita
Learner
Learner

Post by agleita »

Cxlovers wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:16 am
I do find it very funny that she posted about it kinda shortly after we started discussing it over here.

Plus the fact that she is so SURPRISED no landlords want to take her in with her two massive dogs.

writtenforthestars
Lurker
Lurker

Post by writtenforthestars »

I haven’t posted here in a while but I was gossiping about all this with my mom the other day and she reminded me of the time I met Sasha when I went to bookcon and how rude she was 😂 I can add a photo I have of her, Natasha and I if someone doesn’t believe me. I had totally forgotten about it because Natasha, Jessie, Kat and Christine were all so nice but definitely a very unpleasant experience with her😂😂 thanks for the reminder mom lol. Not surprised if she treated a stranger like me like that, how she would treat other people in her life.

Angel-grlreading9
Learner
Learner

Post by Angel-grlreading9 »

Cxlovers wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:16 am
If she would just swallow her pride and move a little further outside of downtown London she could find a place. She would rather be without her dogs than move outside London to be with her dogs.

Return to “BookTube”