KathleenLamelights:Part 12 Still Lazy With Neverending Excuses

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: KathleenLamelights:Part 12 Still Lazy With Neverending Excuses

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

I wonder if she truly has these issues or is just using it as an excuse to be lazy?

Also, i find it hella sus when she can't get out of bed to film ANYTHING yet she can make 2 videos about her back to back polish releases. She released an entire care bears collab polish collection almost 2 weeks before her summer one. Does she think people grow money on trees? Also, her polish formula is bad. It chips in 1-3 days. :?

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

It’s also just fucking WEIRD how she started out her video being like “I had panic attacks in between vomiting”…. to…”buy my fun house nail polishes!”

Girl, what? Time and place. You do NOT start out a pitch for your new brand release by talking about how bad your mental health was and vomiting… so unprofessional and inappropriate (lol imagine she actually presented that in a work setting :? ).

Youtubers (particularly Kathleen!) can be so embarrassing and flat out ignorant…the cringe. The. Cringe.

DinoBobbins23
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by DinoBobbins23 »

I can’t even watch her videos anymore. She’s become unhinged to a point where it’s obvious, yet she doesn’t care to help herself. Everyone needs to have a purpose in life and it seemed like for a long time, her goal was to get millions of subscribers and get a bunch of makeup and money. When she achieved all of that, it’s like she lost her joy and enthusiasm for life. Having a cushy life sounds great to a lot of people, I’m sure, but it doesn’t to me. I like having money for resources and luxuries of course, but I also like to have things to do that build my self-esteem and help others.

It seems like now all Kathleen does in sit in her house and fear the world. Being successful hasn’t made her any happier in life and it seems to have changed her entire life in the worst way. Like everyone else has said, with all her money, she obviously needs to get help, yet she doesn’t and I really have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who doesn’t do the work to get better. All she cares about, it seems, is money and to her, no matter how mentally unhealthy she is or ends up being, money is more important.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I watched this person a couple of times when she randomly appeared on my YouTube home page. I saw what looked like a 16 year old girl sitting in front of her computer picking up a couple of products off her computer desk to talk about. I thought, how is it this person has millions of subs, I don’t get it??? She looks like a get-out-of-bed gamer on Twitch, not a makeup guru?? I couldn’t believe she sells stuff. Kinda wrote the "why" of it off to longevity. She got in on YouTube beauty when it hit big. People like her and leighannsays make a lot of bank on their longevity with "content" that wouldn’t draw 100 people nowadays. They still do their shill schtick but offer absolutely nothing in terms of content.

That she is depressed or whatever isn’t much of a surprise. She spent her entire youth at home building a computer career during a time when most young people are out getting their life experiences. It’s the open-ended aspect of your teens/20s, random job applications, going out on a Friday with friends and having no clue where you end up, taking a trip to somewhere you’ve never been. You do all this random open-ended stuff when you are young, some of it stupid and regrettable. She tamped down every wild oat she ever had to possibly sow in favor of something she’s tired of now. At a time when people her age are almost done with the wild stuff and ready to think about settling in more, she’s in the opposite situation.

Sure, anxiety is a health thing, but if you’ve never gone out on a huge limb when you are younger, you just get older and eventually more scared. If all you did was stay home, eventually you’ve just missed out. Brain chemistry is a reason, but your choices also shape your chemistry over time. On top of that, her generation had a lot more safety net scolding and helicopter parenting too to fight against. She might as well just call herself a spoonie because that’s what she is.

She seems to be part of the online business machine wheel she started and now can’t quit. I have a friend with an online business in his late 50s that also employs family. He is wondering if he can ever stop. He’d stop for himself, but he’s supporting his family with jobs who now have nothing else to fall back on.

Of course she can do meds and therapy. What she could really use is getting on a rickety bus and riding it through Mexico, do some traveling, get out and do something for god’s sake. I see young people with crap jobs quit and drive around in a van, she needs to hate herself and her life more before she will ever make changes. I can’t feel too sorry for someone that comfy who complains.

DinoBobbins23
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by DinoBobbins23 »

I agree that she would have been better off getting out and having life experiences. I think it would’ve allowed her to experience a lot of things that could have enriched her life in many positive ways. I feel like she’s stuck in a loop where she’s got so much anxiety about the world outside of her house that she hides inside and it makes her miserable, but she doesn’t leave, so she stays miserable. I think it would help if she started doing things outside of her home, but I don’t know if she ever will. She doesn’t seem to have the desire to improve her life, otherwise she would be better by now, not getting worse, as many of us have witnessed.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I don’t watch her much anymore but she used to hide out from the world. It seemed so odd for a young woman. Venturing outside
and perhaps volunteering with others who have nothing would show her how much she has to be thankful for. It seems that nobody
encourages her to do anything to better herself. Life experiences would help her. She needs to start somewhere and work her way
up but I don’t see anything happening with her.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

She’s a spoonie and essentially not saying it exactly. It’s the generational word for "failing to adult," but really is a morass of untreated psych symptoms, anxiety/depression mixes, borderline personality disorder, maybe abuse stuff. You’re right she probably won’t do anything about it, it requires meds and years of therapy, it’s too much work. Instead spoonies want to latch on to dubious physical diagnoses like POTS or EDS, seizures, vulvadynia that they think explains their symptoms better. I can guarantee you she would do this too, looking for a physical explanation if she were seeking disability benefits but she doesn’t need those obviously.

But a physical explanation (because psych does feel physical and is physical) removes the feeling they are screwed up and should be in therapy. It’s a new iteration of the old "moral failing" view of mental illness, something people are frantically trying to avoid even though what they are avoiding is the actual solution. Kathleen needs to get her dose of Paxil or Abilify, line up a weekly therapist and do the work to get better.

What will happen is some family member will take over her company, in the interest of saving their own cash cow, and probably start putting out content on her behalf. They probably got years of video footage they could use to make TikToks and IGs without needing to prop Kathleen up.

StuckInThe90s
Informer
Informer

Post by StuckInThe90s »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:28 pm
She’s a spoonie and essentially not saying it exactly. It’s the generational word for "failing to adult," but really is a morass of untreated psych symptoms, anxiety/depression mixes, borderline personality disorder, maybe abuse stuff. You’re right she probably won’t do anything about it, it requires meds and years of therapy, it’s too much work. Instead spoonies want to latch on to dubious physical diagnoses like POTS or EDS, seizures, vulvadynia that they think explains their symptoms better. I can guarantee you she would do this too, looking for a physical explanation if she were seeking disability benefits but she doesn’t need those obviously.

But a physical explanation (because psych does feel physical and is physical) removes the feeling they are screwed up and should be in therapy. It’s a new iteration of the old "moral failing" view of mental illness, something people are frantically trying to avoid even though what they are avoiding is the actual solution. Kathleen needs to get her dose of Paxil or Abilify, line up a weekly therapist and do the work to get better.

What will happen is some family member will take over her company, in the interest of saving their own cash cow, and probably start putting out content on her behalf. They probably got years of video footage they could use to make TikToks and IGs without needing to prop Kathleen up.
Plenty of women have genuinely disabling physical conditions that dominate their lives. It’s not simply a more convenient or socially acceptable substitute for mental health issues. Hate to break it to you, but there is tremendous stigma toward those with physical disabilities. There is absolutely NO benefit in faking them.

People who speculate that strangers are dealing strictly with untreated and/or undiagnosed mental health issues reinforce powerful stigma against people with largely misunderstood, hard to treat, chronic invisible illnesses. And make no mistake, the perspective you espouse is rooted in misogyny and ancient notions about hysterical women. Mental health issues are often co-occurring with physical health issues. And when the world gaslights you about your physical symptoms and limits it’s truly no wonder depression so often comes along with the physical stuff.

I’ll also inform you that absolutely NO ONE can support themselves on disability benefits if they’re even fortunate enough to tip toe through the gauntlet of a process and receive approval.

Truly, there will always be people who may seem like malingerers to some people. Know that speculating about it makes those doing so sound just like people who skeptically pick apart the claims of sexual assault survivors.

I don’t give a flying fuck about Kathleen. But it’s revealing about how you view anyone else dealing with chronic health issues.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Rosie34567-2 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:43 am
It’s also just fucking WEIRD how she started out her video being like “I had panic attacks in between vomiting”…. to…”buy my fun house nail polishes!”

Girl, what? Time and place. You do NOT start out a pitch for your new brand release by talking about how bad your mental health was and vomiting… so unprofessional and inappropriate (lol imagine she actually presented that in a work setting :? ).

Youtubers (particularly Kathleen!) can be so embarrassing and flat out ignorant…the cringe. The. Cringe.
Exactly buy my new polish complete with vomit germs :barf:

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. I can distinguish actual disabilities, but there is a large group of people in the spoonie bunch claiming it for diagnoses that are not in the AMA or the APA, and it’s huge on social media. It’s these folks who are adopting spoon is as a lifestyle choice, and this happening around the world. If anything it’s a mostly privileged youth social movement or lifestyle choice that is saying we are not going to participate in a 16 hour work day society, this is true not just here but also places like China and Japan. To me, this is probably a necessary social movement on its own. But it crosses into resources that are required by people who are physically or psychiatrically disabled, as in truly cannot work legally disabled.

There is a difference between neurotic, as someone like Kathleen is, and someone with schizophrenia. Someone with schizophrenia is not spoonie. There is a difference between walking with non-AMA recognized aches and pains versus a wheelchair, in terms of the low amount of resources available. A social movement is asking for these same resources, and it’s a big ask.

Other than that, I don’t have a problem if someone has a diagnosable disabling condition. And by the way, people with disabilities advocate for conditions so they CAN work. It goes against the 50 years or more of activism it took to go from can’t to can with the ADA and especially for people with severe disabilities.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I whole heartedly believe she uses her excuses like a crutch to cancel out her laziness and unmotivated nature.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

It’s a shame she puts off getting the medical evaluation. If there is a medical explanation for what she’s going through and medication would solve it, then maybe she doesn’t need long term therapy, or just something short term. I always feel sad when I see a situation of someone suffering unnecessarily for a long time because they won’t get the medical help. In this day and age, we know how to treat psych disorders with medicine and proven therapies. Instead she loses more of her precious time as a young person to feeling miserable. She must also be surrounded by family who don’t know how to help, and so often families back away from someone with money because of the money.

StuckInThe90s
Informer
Informer

Post by StuckInThe90s »

lulugirl765 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:10 am
I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. I can distinguish actual disabilities, but there is a large group of people in the spoonie bunch claiming it for diagnoses that are not in the AMA or the APA, and it’s huge on social media. It’s these folks who are adopting spoon is as a lifestyle choice, and this happening around the world. If anything it’s a mostly privileged youth social movement or lifestyle choice that is saying we are not going to participate in a 16 hour work day society, this is true not just here but also places like China and Japan. To me, this is probably a necessary social movement on its own. But it crosses into resources that are required by people who are physically or psychiatrically disabled, as in truly cannot work legally disabled.

There is a difference between neurotic, as someone like Kathleen is, and someone with schizophrenia. Someone with schizophrenia is not spoonie. There is a difference between walking with non-AMA recognized aches and pains versus a wheelchair, in terms of the low amount of resources available. A social movement is asking for these same resources, and it’s a big ask.

Other than that, I don’t have a problem if someone has a diagnosable disabling condition. And by the way, people with disabilities advocate for conditions so they CAN work. It goes against the 50 years or more of activism it took to go from can’t to can with the ADA and especially for people with severe disabilities.
Thank you for being willing to discuss and being open to the perspective I’ve shared. The co-opting of the term “spoonie” is something I’ve observed in other contexts, so I shouldn’t be surprised to learn there are people on social media using it in questionable ways. It’s one of those things that has become pretty much meaningless via mainstream use.

I was awake overnight coping with stupid symptoms keeping me from getting any rest when I replied, so I’m especially grateful that we could share back and forth. When I logged on to check back just now I was worried I’d gone in entirely too hard in trying to express myself! So thanks again.

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Exactly, it the questionable use where there is a big problem. There are even Christian spoonies socials. These people actually have conventions! Can’t get out of bed, but not gonna miss the convention in Florida!

I’m fine with socializing for sure but these other folks seem to be guiding people as an "action point" to apply for disability with the idea it’s gonna somehow "legitimize" spoonie lifestyle. As if by extension people with actual disability provide a cover for someone else. The only spoonies I know on disability got it because they have a condition that qualifies and they went through whatever appeals and made the case they are unable to work. I know a couple spoonies who don’t agree with the conditions/labels that got them the disability, and prefer the term spoonie socially. But behind that they have a medical record, what they want to go by socially is certainly a private matter, but it’s not what’s funding their medical treatment, their disability on record is doing that.

Kathleen though is wasting her precious life day by day. Like Dr. Dray sitting at home with the shades down. I’ll take a disability spoonie any day who has tried everything they can to get better over a fake spoonie like these guys giving me advice.

nattydread

Post by nattydread »

lulugirl765
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lulugirl765 »

Well that certainly looks like free PR.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I want to see Kathleen demoing this. At least we will get to see something new out of her. Anyone have thoughts on the potential
for this to be a good collab?

Let me know or post it here when Kathleen shows it please.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She's been teasing this eyeshadow palette for 2years? Except I never noticed. Gone are her actually good eye looks, she wore it, sure, but all I saw was one or two shadows smeared across her lids with hardly any pigmentation pay off (when she plugged it as "a palette that isn't out yet") no thanks. Won't drop coin on miss KL ever again. Her polishes are shit too, fyi!

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

Two years?? You can tell I never pay any attention to Kathleen anymore and haven’t for a long time. I won’t buy it either but want
to see her actually work to present the collection. I want to see if she can hustle anymore.

nattydread

Post by nattydread »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:29 am
She's been teasing this eyeshadow palette for 2years? Except I never noticed. Gone are her actually good eye looks, she wore it, sure, but all I saw was one or two shadows smeared across her lids with hardly any pigmentation pay off (when she plugged it as "a palette that isn't out yet") no thanks. Won't drop coin on miss KL ever again. Her polishes are shit too, fyi!

It looks like she's also launching new polishes as well as this collab....yuh kno what dat means? $$$$$$

Return to “KathleenLights”