Cimorelli | Part 3

Iwiki_
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cimorelli | Part 3

Post by Iwiki_ »

Honestly impressed that Dani applied for a full time job.

She wasn't my favorite when she was still in Cimorelli, I felt she was quite obnoxious and sometimes even mean to her sisters, but maybe it was a coping mechanism, and she grew up a lot since shes apart from the band.

Either way I really applaud her for going a different direction. It takes a lot of courage to leave your faith, family band and stable income just at 18.

All the other sisters missed basically any "normal" experience. High school, studying and working can all be different, but it also makes you grow as a person so much. I guess Dani didn't want the same happening to her, so she got out on time to experience normal life. I think its a really good decision to focus on a job rather than youtube.

I wonder if Lauren ever thinks about doing the same or if shes content like this. Amy - no offense- I dont feel thinks a lot about her future plans. The other sisters probably will focus mostly on motherhood combined with the band.

whats a contour
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by whats a contour »

had no idea until now that there was a cimorelli page on GG! followed them forever being a #choirgirl and just liking the harmonies but i've gotta say i don't know if i've ever necessarily been a "fan"... some of the things they do/way they talk about things I find a bit childish (and i can see lots of people have written about this recently in the thread) but also i feel like the dynamic between them feels so forced??

... but also I'm a bit annoyed as some of their tiktok arrangements are very similar to another harmony creator (could be coincidence but its happened a few times now) so there's that too

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyFree21 »

OMG Dani posted on her IG stories that she's touring with Emmyn, at least on some days:

And she said she's also going to visit Emmyn on some days when he performs at the Furnace Fest, The Tour Camino, Four Chord Music festival, and Point North.

So he'll tour from like May - September at different shows. The shows have some very popular artists. This sounds really cool.

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyFree21 »

Okay Dani and this girl need to collab. They literally look like twins!!!

Cami's video:

VS Dani:

This is amazing to me. It would be so cool for them both to do a video together, it'd get like a million views.

stocktonslap209
Learner
Learner

Post by stocktonslap209 »

On Lauren's new pinterest she's collecting wedding dress ideas! But ofc a lot of people do that doesn't necessarily mean that she's planning to get married. On her story she did however state that she believes she found her soul mate.

FinallyFree21
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyFree21 »

Emmyn signed with the same record label as Panic at the Disco, Paramore, and the Twenty One Pilots!! And he gives all the credit to Dani:

This is super impressive. Emmyn's song "I Hope You're Happy" is even on the Fueled By Ramen YouTube channel, which has 14 million subs. I hope one of those famous bands could collab with Emmyn one day. That would be iconic.

cloversandcobayas
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cloversandcobayas »

stocktonslap209 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:15 pm
On Lauren's new pinterest she's collecting wedding dress ideas! But ofc a lot of people do that doesn't necessarily mean that she's planning to get married. On her story she did however state that she believes she found her soul mate.
Woah! I wonder how public she'll be about the whole thing, and I wonder how Amy feels if she hasn't yet had a longer serious relationship and all of her other sisters have. Also, Lisa put on her story the other day that it was a big day for one of her blood relatives and there will be a youtube vid about it?? No clue if she was being serious or not tho lol.

I came on here to say that even tho I'm not a hardcore fan, I am a procrastinator and often watch the new Cimorelli vids on yt to see how they're doing.
They're REALLY going downhill imo in so many ways:
1. Showing their behind the scenes wasn't that interesting at all, just meetings and also made me feel like they didn't have a clear agenda and everything was a bit half hearted and last minute.
2. The videos are soooo boring as Christina is so business-like and Lisa's little interjections are the only effort to make it entertaining.
3. They're doing exactly the same video type for like the 5th time in a year (recorded harmony challenge) which, especially if you're not super musical, is very boring. They've only done 2 other videos between this one and the last one, and why are they doing payphone when they just released a cover of that last week??? Ridiculous.
4. Lauren isn't in today's video, and whilst I respect that there are often underlying circumstances to their lack of members e.g. sickness and pregnancy/birth, they seem to be inconsistent. I get that they are probably on a strict schedule but back in 2019 when all 6 of them were in it, none of them ever missed any part of a video - from the outside it makes them seem so bored and shows possibly a lack of effort! Their views are going downhill too and I feel sorry for them but how can they not see how samey and annoying yt is getting? I know they have a podcast but cmon, take a break if you need it or think of some more original ideas :?

calminglight
Lurker
Lurker

Post by calminglight »

Chelsea (Mike's wife) had a miscarriage last week.

Sister098+
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Sister098+ »

Anyone else find their cleaning or hygiene habits they discuss on the podcast a bit gross? Like im sorry but Lauren sounds very messy to live with. Like who leaves plates they ate on in the bathroom? And Lisa said she doesn’t clean her bathroom bc she has a cleaning lady that comes but she sometimes just uses her bare hands and rubs the sink which is really gross considering what takes place in a bathroom sink. Idk it just seems like I would never expose my dirty practices like that unprovoked on the internet for anyone to hear lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysterylovescompany
Learner
Learner

Post by mysterylovescompany »

Dani appeared on this podcast, from 33:39:

mouserat
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mouserat »

I want to like GWP as a fan of pop-punk, but I just CAN'T with these cringy lyrics. He's trying way too hard to be the stereotype of pop-punk rather than actually making good pop-punk music. It's wild to me that he got signed by a label as huge as FBR.

Flossie1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Flossie1 »

Dani’s TikTok live came up on my FYP earlier so I ended up watching some of it. She answered some questions about her family, and the most interesting points were that she doesn’t talk to all of her siblings any more, mentioning that it was partly because her sisters have kids, and that her dad didn’t support her marriage or any of her siblings’ marriages because he doesn’t like people, but her mom tried her best to be supportive and that’s the only reason she still has a relationship with her.

25scuba
Learner
Learner

Post by 25scuba »

ooh interesting!
Flossie1 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:24 pm
Dani’s TikTok live came up on my FYP earlier so I ended up watching some of it. She answered some questions about her family, and the most interesting points were that she doesn’t talk to all of her siblings any more, mentioning that it was partly because her sisters have kids, and that her dad didn’t support her marriage or any of her siblings’ marriages because he doesn’t like people, but her mom tried her best to be supportive and that’s the only reason she still has a relationship with her.
ooh interesting! do you have a yt link?

their dad didnt support their marriages? I know he loves Nick, but idk about the rest. I find it kinda hard to believe that katherine or lisa would go through with a marriage that their dad didn't support.

lurker95
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lurker95 »

According to Christina’s instagram story they’re doing yet another new merch drop. Didn’t they just do one?? I can’t believe they have zero shame pumping money out of their fans so frequently when they haven’t released an album or EP in what, 4 years? They hardly even do covers anymore. It’s ridiculous.

asui1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by asui1 »

Flossie1 wrote:
To be honest I'm not surprised, I think only Nick got Christina's parents blessing because he asked them and also has dated Christina for 9 years. When it comes to Katherine, I always thought her marrying Max was rushed since they only dated for 2 years (but I always compared it to Christina so maybe it's not that short period of time, we also have to consider her age). Maybe her dad didn't really "like" Max for the same reason. And Lisa, well, we all think the same about Chad so not surprised if the dad doesn't support their relationship either. I saw some interview with Dani where she said that her mother is very religious so it's surprising to me that she still has good relationship with her.

Also do we know if their parents got divorced? I am thinking it for very long time, because I follow Mike Sr. on instagram and sometimes he posts stories with family and Lynne is never there. Adding to that the new video mother makeover? Doesn't seem like something to do if she would be still married.

coolkitty
Lurker
Lurker

Post by coolkitty »

asui1 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:18 am
Flossie1 wrote:
To be honest I'm not surprised, I think only Nick got Christina's parents blessing because he asked them and also has dated Christina for 9 years. When it comes to Katherine, I always thought her marrying Max was rushed since they only dated for 2 years (but I always compared it to Christina so maybe it's not that short period of time, we also have to consider her age). Maybe her dad didn't really "like" Max for the same reason. And Lisa, well, we all think the same about Chad so not surprised if the dad doesn't support their relationship either. I saw some interview with Dani where she said that her mother is very religious so it's surprising to me that she still has good relationship with her.

Also do we know if their parents got divorced? I am thinking it for very long time, because I follow Mike Sr. on instagram and sometimes he posts stories with family and Lynne is never there. Adding to that the new video mother makeover? Doesn't seem like something to do if she would be still married.
Also perhaps he didn't support Katherine's marriage because judging from his Twitter, Max is pretty liberal and the Cimorelli family is... definitely not lol.

Sister098+
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Sister098+ »

coolkitty wrote:
asui1 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:18 am

Also perhaps he didn't support Katherine's marriage because judging from his Twitter, Max is pretty liberal and the Cimorelli family is... definitely not lol.
I’m surprised that kath would marry someone “liberal” considering how conservative and Catholic she is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Music”