David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 52)

FilofaxK
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 52)

Post by FilofaxK »

SandyBeaches wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:17 pm
This thread died when, Teacup, Mosie, FiloFax, wild_in_are_way, Betty, Cheesy, alpha I'm probably missing some. There have been so many juicy things that have come out since pre-Covid to current time and this thread should be in the hundreds by now.
I miss Cheesy so so much!

I do wonder how Dobrica feels about everything.
Sentiment is a chemical defect found on the losing side.

https://curiouscat.me/filofaxkfromgg

Dobrica
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: David Dobrik/Vlog Squad (Part 52)

Post by Dobrica »

FilofaxK wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:22 am
I do wonder how Dobrica feels about everything.
Checked this forum just to see if anyone said anything about me, like the narcissist that I am. Lo and behold, the latest post calls me out. Thanks Filo, how are you?

Ah, my opinion on things. I haven't cared that much, to be honest, so much so that my memory is pretty fuzzy on what exactly went down. All I know is we all knew here that David's cancellation was only a matter of time. Didn't we use to joke about it back in the day? Even right after Logan got canceled, many people were saying David was probably next. It's actually a miracle it took so long.

He was way too careless with things, enabled/encouraged a lot of people to do dumb shit for content, it was bound to happen at one point. I don't think he's ever been a truly bad guy underneath it all, but I also think he could be very cold and unsympathetic towards people when he was behind the camera and as long as content was happening, he didn't give a shit. Maybe for some things he took more shit than he deserved, but I'm sure we all agree, he had it coming.

I honestly don't know where his career can go from here. He can't really go back to the 2018-2019 style of vlogs, all of his fans are growing up and moving on, his mainstream career is doing ok with the Discovery thing but I doubt any big network cares enough anymore. I also think he's doing even worse on a personal level, he probably needs a lot of therapy.

I'm glad he "took my advice" and turned his podcast into an actual talk show, I said that he should do that years ago. But he even abandoned that ida, and that was his one true shot at continuing his career via podcasting and stepping down as the vlog guy on YT. I hope he finds his way, but I genuinely don't care anymore and I'm sure many of us feel the same way, hence why this forum is dead now as is his career.

I hope everyone from the old days is great. I kinda miss posting here, it was the only time I actually cared about internet drama and partook in "internet gossip." Nowadays I'm just really focused on my personal and professional life and I don't even consume YT that much, unless it's an educational video or something like that. YouTube boxing is still a guilty pleasure of mine so I always tune in when Jake Paul or some other creator enters the ring, lol.

Miss you all! Hope you're all doing great!

Return to “David Dobrik”