Current Political Discussion

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Current Political Discussion

Post by tar »

By request.

Please be courteous and civilized to each other.

fizzwizz12

Re: Current Political Discussion

Post by fizzwizz12 »

Thank you for starting this thread. Great idea to keep this a separate discussion!
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

“The way virtue signaling and social media interact is so damn embarrassing. Of course this shooting was an unthinkable tragedy that changed the course of those families’ lives forever, but are we really so desperate to make ourselves feel engaged and empathetic that we’re willing to whittle down all of the violence and injustices of the world to whatever tragedy is getting a news cycle spotlight for 24 hours? Can any of you posting about her responsibility to “raise awareness” about this tell the group how many children died this month from all of the other chronic problems out country has in addition to gun violence? Food insecurity? Child suicide? Sex trafficking? What exactly did you do to affect change the last time a YouTube influencer made you aware of a social problem? Are you getting your news MOSTLY from influencers who think New England is a state? Lol. It’s as if people think posting is the literal equivalent of activism at this point. I’m guilty of the self delusion too. Idk. Bleak.”

I moved post this from another thread because it was going to be deleted there. That poster may discuss it here.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

pettycrimes wrote:
Arcadia wrote: ↑
Wed May 25, 2022 1:55 pm
“The way virtue signaling and social media interact is so damn embarrassing. Of course this shooting was an unthinkable tragedy that changed the course of those families’ lives forever, but are we really so desperate to make ourselves feel engaged and empathetic that we’re willing to whittle down all of the violence and injustices of the world to whatever tragedy is getting a news cycle spotlight for 24 hours? Can any of you posting about her responsibility to “raise awareness” about this tell the group how many children died this month from all of the other chronic problems out country has in addition to gun violence? Food insecurity? Child suicide? Sex trafficking? What exactly did you do to affect change the last time a YouTube influencer made you aware of a social problem? Are you getting your news MOSTLY from influencers who think New England is a state? Lol. It’s as if people think posting is the literal equivalent of activism at this point. I’m guilty of the self delusion too. Idk. Bleak.”
i dont think demanding that someone with a platform (made of people funding their life) speak about their stance on xyz topics is delusional. id rather know her stance on idk, guns, abortions, gay rights, before giving her money through views and funding her next shopping spree

I moved this post from another thread because we aren’t going to be allowing political discussion there. The posters may discuss it here.

pettycrimes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pettycrimes »

i apologize. thank you for the patience

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

pettycrimes wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 12:26 pm
i apologize. thank you for the patience
it's a great discussion and you have great points, glad we can have other sections to engage in this commentary as well !
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Return to “News and Current Events”